Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I love Yummy Yummy (My food thread)

Default Re: I love Yummy Yummy (My food thead)

The Wine Company - Sentosa Boardwalk

Went to this place for a friend's birthday lunch. Basically, on a weekend noon, this restaurant is almost vacant, which is GOOD!

Not busy, not noisy, just that it took a long time for the food to be served, like 40 minutes for all to be served?. Apart from that, the food is really cheap you know.

A lunch set cost S$12 nett, inclusive of a crepe, soup of the day/salad and a tea/coffee. But that's not all.

Top up S$10.00 nett to upgrade crepe to ANY main course. Top up S$5 for a molton lava cake.

So in total, when you pay $27.00 net, you get a main started, main course, dessert and a drink.

Note that just the steak alone cost $32.00 during dinner time.

There's also an option to top up $5.00 nett to upgrade your main from crepe to pasta.

Crabmeat Spaghetti - menu price $18.00

Spaghetti al dente with blue swimmer crabmeat, tossed with red chili and parsley in tomato sauce

Last edited by OoStarDustoO; 24th January 2013 at 11:46 AM.

Miso cod fish - menu price $24.00

with chinese cabbage and thai asparagus in japanese broth

Duck leg confit - menu price $20.00

With gratin potato and mixed greens in orange-demi reduction

Filet mignon - menu price $32.00

In black pepper sauce with gratin potato and grilled vegetables

Chocolate molten lava cake - menu price $12.00

And lastly, All-Day Breakfast

Smith's Fish & Chip @ Boat Quay

I order the Cod Fish & Chip that comes with a lunch set, with a free sauce and drink at S$12.00 if i remember correctly.

Quite disappointed with it as the standard drops a lot. Worst part is they ran out of Tartar sauce.

There is still vinegar and salt option though.

Five & Dime @ River Valley Road

Went to this place for a friend's birthday. I think this place is very known for it's brunch but i didn't get to try it. I heard that their dinner menu is rather good too.

Here it goes. This is my dinner:

Braised Pork Belly ($22.00)
    Black Berkshire pork slow-cooked for 6 hours, served over warm cha soba

The pork belly is uber soft and tender! As for the taste, it taste rather similar to the canned stew pork rib, but only the taste. Texture is totally different. The meat is really tender.

The warm soba goes well with the pork rib. A little pricey at S$22++ though.
    Last edited by OoStarDustoO; 21st March 2013 at 10:08 PM.

My friend's Cajun Chicken ($18.00)
    Boneless grilled cajun-spiced chicken thigh with creamy mash and salad

Meatballs ($8.00)
    Home-made chicken & pork meatballs smothered in tangy tomato sauce

Some of my friends like the sauce and some not. I like it personally! Very flavorful blend of meat and spices.

Last edited by OoStarDustoO; 21st March 2013 at 10:11 PM.

This is interesting!

Seared Salmon ($23.00)
    Seared, then baked with mozarella & parmesan, served with mashed potato & mesclun salad

The cheese is Woo~~~

Changi Village Nasi Lemak

A simple lunch @ Changi Nasi Lemak (International Nasi Lemak). First time returning to this hawker after the renovation. This so call "authentic" Changi Nasi Lemak had moved to another stall (Behind it's original location).

Here it goes, Chicken Set with extra Otah:

The fried chicken wing is still the best attraction it got. Apart from the chicken wing, actually i would prefer Punggol Nasi Lemak any time.
    Last edited by OoStarDustoO; 30th March 2013 at 03:13 PM.

agree with your assessment with regard to the nasi lemak.. I like International too, but it doesnt beat Punggol for me...

nice pics !

Quote Originally Posted by OoStarDustoO
    This is interesting!

Seared Salmon ($23.00)
    Seared, then baked with mozarella & parmesan, served with mashed potato & mesclun salad

The cheese is Woo~~~
    Salmon and cheese? Hmm, never tried this combi before. But it looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by metranquility View Post
    agree with your assessment with regard to the nasi lemak.. I like International too, but it doesnt beat Punggol for me...

nice pics !
    Ya ya ya. Punggol nasi lemak, especially the fried chicken wings. Always order additional on a separate plate! Wah suddenly thought of it got craving liao. Hahaa~

Quote Originally Posted by CScsCS View Post
    Salmon and cheese? Hmm, never tried this combi before. But it looks great!
    Sorry for the late reply, long time never come back here. Ya lor, first time seeing this combi. Haha~ The taste is not fantastic but not bad! =)

Paddington House of Pancakes @ City Square

I frequent City Square quite a lot and finally decided to try it out.

Generally the online review is only a so-so place.

Ok, first starting with the chicken mushroom soup. Here it is:

Surprisingly flavorful. I think they added in the oil that they use to fry bacon and that's where the fragrance is coming from.

Not exactly healthy with the oil, chips and wedges but worth the try.

Then there is this burger, and instead of bread, they use pan cakes.

There's suppose to have a chicken and lamp patty in the burger but i thought both taste the same. Don't know is it i kana con.

I'm someone who love breast meat (dry meat) so i am rather ok with the dry patty. Maybe there is a reason why people always use pork or beef to make burger patty, cus a patty made with minced chicken meat can be rather dry.

I wish the fries portion can be bigger. Apart from that, there's nothing exceptional about this burger.
    Last edited by OoStarDustoO; 24th April 2013 at 10:48 AM.

And finally the chocolate chip pancakes:

I like this pancake. The chocolate chips beneath the pancake are actually crispy. Goes very well with the vanilla ice cream.

Only problem it is a little pricey. I remembered it's about $12.00 for 3 pcs of pancakes and a scope of ice cream.

Overall review, there may be better choice in City Square if you crave for western food like Aston. Or in fact, i think Burger King works better for me after taking the price into consideration.

Sorry, house of pancake.
    Last edited by OoStarDustoO; 24th April 2013 at 10:49 AM.

Paris Baguette @ Wisma

Saw lots of this cafe in Seoul but didn't try them out because how good can a chain cafe's food taste?

Until then, Singapore now opened it's first outlet in Wisma and is causing a wave, so i also jumped on the boat to try out the food from this place.

The royal pudding is quite awesome. Those who like condensed milk will like this pudding.

The crepe cake is not as good though. Comparing to the Nadeje Crepe Cake in Malacca, this one from Paris Baguette still quite got some room to improve.

You will taste mostly the taste of the crepe and little of the cream which makes it less awesome compared to Nadeje in Malacca.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast