Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Big stopper

Default Re: Lee Big stopper

Yeah, the 1st version has been discontinued already due to the defects and replaced by the II version. But I found that artworkfoto is still selling a grey set of 1st version at $660 though.

Quote Originally Posted by fatBozZ View Post
    So is true thaT there is a Mark II i thought the seller wan to sell me more expensive by telling me that is mark II

Thanks for clearing my doubt
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

Btw for those who are interested in getting the LEE Big stopper, it might be faster to order it online yourself.

I ordered mine from teamworkphoto (checked with CP: out of stock) and got it in month although the website listed the lead time to be about 6-8 weeks. Maybe I'm just lucky...

Anyway the price is about the same including shipping. It was 80 pounds (SGD 160 plus ) plus about SGD20 for shipping.

I just bought mine yesterday for S$188.

Congrats! The supply has finally eased! Have fun with your cool 10-stops! Pun intended!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Congrats! The supply has finally eased! Have fun with your cool 10-stops! Pun intended!
    haha ya its really cool

I don't mind the 'cool'... hehehe...

I ordered my Lee filter holder from morco in UK, thank god they had stock.

Deregistered

hi guys,how much is the hitech filter n ring adapter?
    I'm interested to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by sukhoi37 View Post
    hi guys,how much is the hitech filter n ring adapter?
    I'm interested to get one.
    Do you mean the holder and not the filter? Lee / hitech holder and ring adapter are about the same damage - approx. S$200 for both holder + ring. Give and take 10.

Filters on the other hand will depend on which kinds they do not have a flat cost across the range... You need to check with TK for hitech filter prices... IIRC, the 0.9GND soft I purchased was about 90 per piece.

Deregistered

Do you mean the holder and not the filter? Lee / hitech holder and ring adapter are about the same damage - approx. S$200 for both holder + ring. Give and take 10.

Filters on the other hand will depend on which kinds they do not have a flat cost across the range... You need to check with TK for hitech filter prices... IIRC, the 0.9GND soft I purchased was about 90 per piece.
    ya, i mean filter holder.
    wow, $200 is a bit out of budget...

The ones sold at TK are the 100x150 ones. 100x100 GND ones on formatt is like 85 pounds for 3 pieces mix n' match.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    The ones sold at TK are the 100x150 ones. 100x100 GND ones on formatt is like 85 pounds for 3 pieces mix n' match.
    There ARE usefulness to 100x150 ones...

Quote Originally Posted by sukhoi37 View Post
    ya, i mean filter holder.
    wow, $200 is a bit out of budget...
    Yeah I know how you feel. If you think about simple fit for all lenses without the troubles of vignetting and still enjoy the versatility of the positionable GNDs... in the longer run - more than worth it...

There ARE usefulness to 100x150 ones...
    Hey man, I got no issues with the 100x150 ones, just that some of us do not need it.TKFoto only bring in the 100x150 ones. The ND ones they got the 100x100 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Hey man, I got no issues with the 100x150 ones, just that some of us do not need it.TKFoto only bring in the 100x150 ones. The ND ones they got the 100x100 ones.
    Well, I'm not making an issue out of it either. I'm just highlighting the fact that 150mm GNDs have extra versatilities to them besides being strictly a GND. Think of it this way, GNDs are basically NDs with gradients... If you play it right, you may actually trim / slim line your arsenal of filters.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 30th September 2010 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    I just bought mine yesterday from Cathay Photo for S$188 bucks.
    bro

Got mine some weeks back.. its jus like the Hoya ND400 but 1 stop more..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Well, I'm not making an issue out of it either. I'm just highlighting the fact that 150mm GNDs have extra versatilities to them besides being strictly a GND. Think of it this way, GNDs are basically NDs with gradients... If you play it right, you may actually trim / slim line your arsenal of filters.
    I do have to agree that there is much more versatility to using 150mm GNDs.
    100mm GNDs depends on what lens diameter its gonna be used with, i think with 52mm lens diameter,
    100mm GNDs still no problem to slide up/down to match the horizon.

For landscape work i'm mostly on 52mm lens - 24/2.8, 50/1.8, 105/2.5, 200/4.
    When I was using tianya square filters no problem with GNDs and i believe tianya is 84mm(correct me if i'm wrong)

That said, when i switched to lee filter holder i chose the hitech 150mm GNDs for future proof purposes.
    Who knows tiok toto can buy 77mm lenses

cheers

Can I ask what is the longest exposure time you people done with these many stops filters?

If its gonna be very long (at night), like 16mins or more, do you tend to up your iso or open up the aperture? Has anyone actually done a 30 plus min one? If wrong how?

You can use the Bulb mode(when you dial the shutter speed to 30seconds, then dial further is Bulb mode), but you must have a remote control in order to use this mode. With Bulb mode, you can set a very long exposure time, like 60seconds, 75seconds, 30mins, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yangzw View Post
    Can I ask what is the longest exposure time you people done with these many stops filters?

If its gonna be very long (at night), like 16mins or more, do you tend to up your iso or open up the aperture? Has anyone actually done a 30 plus min one? If wrong how?
    Last edited by kentwong81; 1st October 2010 at 09:26 AM.
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

Quote Originally Posted by Yangzw View Post

Night time don't need the big stopper la boss. Unless you are crazy enough to wait for a few hours.

Always remember that the exposure will go up exponentially whenever you use the big stopper.

The longest I have ever done was 45 mins. This was shot in Perth (without any filters of course).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast