Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Thread: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    wah.. how you know ar..?

Actually indeed she mentioned "like 51 AF point..".... "can produce sharper pictures...."....... so 5D probably cmi too.....
    sad

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    wah.. how you know ar..?

Actually indeed she mentioned "like 51 AF point..".... "can produce sharper pictures...."....... so 5D probably cmi too.....
    Like that I die liow, all my images CMI liow, at least you have multiple AF points, my Phase One on Mamiya RB67 don't even have AF
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

What to do with models who MIA?

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Nothing much you can do if no contract or whatsoever, only can suck thumb and avoid working with them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Nothing much you can do if no contract or whatsoever, only can suck thumb and avoid working with them in the future.

and maybe pour your sorrow here . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Stamp the MIA's name here. I have a feeling that if we do this and other CSers aviod the said model, soon the cases of MIA incidents will fall.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Stamp the MIA's name here. I have a feeling that if we do this and other CSers aviod the said model, soon the cases of MIA incidents will fall.
    Having more newbie coming in...MIA case will still be around

Quote Originally Posted by paesyl View Post
    Having more newbie coming in...MIA case will still be around
    if more newbies MIA, even better to have this kind of thread whenever it happens, getting to the root of the problem right from the start.

Not first time. Got models asking me for tf.. then talk and discuss suddenly one day MIA ignore all my email, msn, sms.

Not first time. Got models asking me for tf.. then talk and discuss suddenly one day MIA ignore all my email, msn, sms.
    they are scared of you.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    they are scared of you.
    lol.. gun too big, scared get shot to death?

lol.. gun too big, scared get shot to death?
    maybe they are worried that they cannot pose well enough for you... only know how to punch own face.

I love your response! hahaha! ........But seriously...such people have no integrity and lack responsibility or consideration for the time and effort the photographer took in planning the shoot and heading to the location.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post

there is no REAL solution on this issue, unless you don't engage models totally .

it is not really a matter of paid or unpaid, professional or wannabee or xmm models
    you are dealing with people, real human being, any form of control or precaution is only up to certain level. so many people can't even control about themself, than what can you do about others?

so, if your model flew aeroplane on you, get up and move on.

you want to forgive and forget, or make a big fuss, that is your choice.
    CS kopitiam can allow you to TKSS and KPKB, but only up to a limit.
    if you want to start a witch-hunt, you may go ahead but go somewhere else, NOT here, NOT in CS.

for your heath of your mind, soul and body, I suggest don't let this issue deluged you too long.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    i wonder if any of you experienced irresponsible models who aeroplane you at the last minute or gave you all sorts of problems?
    If you have don't mind share your encounter here and name the model involved. I mean we the photographers spent all the time, effort and sometimes money to get the shoot organised only to be put off by such juvenile behaviors.

My encounter was back in april this year, this model who was also a sia crew named yun approached me and asked if i can do a tfcd for her? Theme maybe casual to exotic outfits. I agreed and she gave me the date she is free for the shoot. Days before it she was so excited kept msning me about the whole affair and even discussed with me what kind of look she wants to achieve. On my part i sourced and booked a studio and dutifully told her about it.

Come the day of the shoot. We were scheduled to meet at 3pm, i offered to pick her up at her place around 2.00pm since she will be carrying bags of her outfits and thought it might be too heavy for her.

1.30pm, msg her hp no reply.
    1.45pm, called her hp no answer
    sensing something amiss i smsed and called her a few more times but all no answer.
    By 2.45pm i called the studio and told them i'm cancelling the shoot due to mia by the model, fortunately the studio owner is a close friend and she was quite ok with it. But i was so embarresed at having to cancel the appointment last minute.

Then guessed what at 5.00pm, 2 hours after our scheduled shoot appointment. I received an sms from her telling me she just woke up cos she slept at 6am the morning before because of overnight mahjong! She dare not call my hp and just sms me but best of all not a word of apology from her at all! What upsets me more is she was the one who approached me for the shoot and i went through the trouble to arrange it for her!

I believe i am not the only one with such encounters. I am really disgusted by some of the so called 'model's behaviour who are so selfish and irresponsible. If i had booked a studio elsewhere i probably have to pay a non-refundable deposit. Can i claim back the deposit from the model? I doubt so! I think to protect the interest of fellow photographers, we should highlight who are the irresponsible girls (i don't think they deserved to be called models) who don't honor their obligations. It's time something is done about them!
    人生如梦
    模特兒如雾?
    Last edited by Sion; 13th October 2010 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Models or otherwise, they are young girls, and with common sense prevailing over the lure of money (i hope!), and should conduct themselves with the proper prudence.

Putting themselves in a situation where their safety and modesty is compromised must then be a conscious choice that they make - and if they choose that path, come what may, they must then exercise personal responsibility; don't expect to be protected if you choose not to protect yourself first.

As for the "photographers", do the crime and you do the time. Free tattoos provided as well.
    you mean this kind of tattoo ? =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mLvn...has_verified=1

rite..

A simple sms or email saying "Sorry but I decided not to proceed with the shoot" would do just fine, rather than just MIA, which is so irresponsible and lacking professionalism. It is just basic courtesy to just inform the other party of the intention.

There may be chances that pple may cross path again..

If 1 day the model apply for a desirable job and the interviewer turns out to be the hobbyist photographer who kena fly areoplane by the model, surely he will not engage or recommend the service of such an irresponsible person w/o professionalism.

If you know you have to model for a photoshoot at 11am, would you go drinking the previous night, only to reach home at 6am? I know someone would. And that someone screwed up a shoot. No worries, I would not work with this someone ever again.

If you know you have to model for a photoshoot at 11am, would you go drinking the previous night, only to reach home at 6am? I know someone would. And that someone screwed up a shoot. No worries, I would not work with this someone ever again.
    probably she won't be too bother as she could just be hired by another photographer in her 'waiting list'. this is sad but true...

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    probably she won't be too bother as she could just be hired by another photographer in her 'waiting list'. this is sad but true...
    It will help if we know who the "model" is.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast