Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    just curious... those paid photoshoots on CS organised by those organisers, do they have a contract with those models?

cos i heard of incidents last time, the models last min play out and organiser change model at last min notice (photographers not informed).
    come on, all these are non professionals, you bring out a contract, either you can't find a model or paying high price.

anyway, do photoshot organisers ask photographers to sign a indemnity release before allow them to shoot?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    if this Angela has a Modelling Services Directory thread here, you can leave a feedback in her thread.
    Dont think she can be found here anymore. I think she was featured in a few shoots but the sign up wasn't good; Guess she is an "acquired taste", too boney for most photographers.

http://defines-beauty.livejournal.co...l?thread=45066. The blog entry has since been updated but Jasmine's comment is still there.
    Last edited by dradttg; 1st September 2010 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    Just for info, subsequently she did ask me if I can do another shoot for her.
    I simply ignore her. She treat like as if the previous incident did not even happen.
    u should agree and then fly her aeroplane!

Quote Originally Posted by dradttg View Post
    Dont think she can be found here anymore. I think she did a few shoots but the turn up wasn't good; Guess she is an "acquired taste", too boney for most photographers.

http://defines-beauty.livejournal.co...l?thread=45066. The blog entry has since been updated but Jasmine's comment is still there.
    lol she also aeroplaned me before. sms and call no reply, totally disappeared. one of the worst freelance models i've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by dradttg View Post
    Dont think she can be found here anymore. I think she did a few shoots but the turn up wasn't good; Guess she is an "acquired taste", too boney for most photographers.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    lol she also aeroplaned me before. sms and call no reply, totally disappeared. one of the worst freelance models i've ever seen.
    thanks for the head up.

this girl is qualified to enter CS hall of flame for aeroplane models, anymore people want to share their experience? so can qualify her as a frequent flyer.

you mistaken already, what TS meant is he think he was mocked by the Mods.

please go and re-read Mod Ed's comments and my comments, tell us if you feel the same way as TS.
    No mocking here.. but it's understandable why TS might feel hurt..

Aiya.. it's better for him to explain why he feels the way he does...

Just curious, do those models have to pay subscription to advertise their services in CS?
    I understand that organisers of photoshoots have to in order to advertise here.
    Can anyone enlighten me?
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

Just curious, do those models have to pay subscription to advertise their services in CS?
    I understand that organisers of photoshoots have to in order to advertise here.
    Can anyone enlighten me?
    no, anyone can advertise to be a model.. just like you can also advertise your services as a photographer here.
    It's all about the moments; and the moments in between. 8 Perpetual || Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by fudoushin View Post
    no, anyone can advertise to be a model.. just like you can also advertise your services as a photographer here.
    Maybe impose a subscription fee on those models would be a good idea!

Maybe only for those who advertise for paid shoots.. Which make it commercial service.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Maybe only for those who advertise for paid shoots.. Which make it commercial service.

That might help with limiting some problems from models that but it won't make sense because we have photographers here that advertise our freelance commercial services too, you expect the pgs to pay as well?
    It's all about the moments; and the moments in between. 8 Perpetual || Flickr

But by imposing a subscription fee on those XMMs at least it would make those 'frequent flyers' think twice about no-shows on assignments. Otherwise they will simply take things for granted!

it is not a wise idea, there are many other better areas for a model to list their service there and it is free.

I have spoke to many models, full time, part time, wannabe all said the same thing, they know about CS but choose not be listed here.

If impose a subscription fee, for sure the modelling service directory will drop to near zero. if this is what you people want to see.

That might help with limiting some problems from models that but it won't make sense because we have photographers here that advertise our freelance commercial services too, you expect the pgs to pay as well?
    yes, but CS let these photographers advertise their service for free. base on they provide their service on a personal basis.

I'll expect someone to say that..

We can consider it this way.. The service have all along been free, as a service for members. However, there is an increasing issue that a number of models have been spoiling the market, and flying aeroplanes.. that has create some problem for the consumers.. So, the community felt that having a "token" subscription plan might encourage the advertisers to be more committed and professional.. it'll also highlight who are the "serious" ones..

Applying the same standard to photographers.. if some photographer spoil market and start their frequent flyer explorations and "no show"s.. then.. maybe some "motivation" scheme might result also..

But at current situation.. seems like no one complain of photographers fly aeroplane leh.. so maybe no need "encouragement" for them to be committed.. yet..

If imposing a subscription fee for models and photographers.

I guess we have to ban any FREE service eg TFCD for whatever by any other people, to protect the interests of models and photographers who sign up with CS. how does this sound like to you??

I'll expect someone to say that..

We can consider it this way.. The service have all along been free, as a service for members. However, there is an increasing issue that a number of models have been spoiling the market, and flying aeroplanes.. that has create some problem for the consumers.. So, the community felt that having a "token" subscription plan might encourage the advertisers to be more committed and professional.. it'll also highlight who are the "serious" ones..

Applying the same standard to photographers.. if some photographer spoil market and start their frequent flyer explorations and "no show"s.. then.. maybe some "motivation" scheme might result also..

But at current situation.. seems like no one complain of photographers fly aeroplane leh.. so maybe no need "encouragement" for them to be committed.. yet..
    Agree 100%

I guess we have to ban any FREE service eg TFCD for whatever by any other people, to protect the interests of models and photographers who sign up with CS. how does this sound like to you??
    i don't think it will solve the problems

Honestly Im very OK with that.
    Besides banning TFCDs in CS DOES NOT mean those 'models wannabes' can't get TFCDs elsewhere.
    Or photgraphers will run out of free models to shoot with!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast