Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 184

Thread: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

  1. #81

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    It doesn't change the fact, and there is no expiry date..

    But, it's just weird lor..

    like if you kena aeroplane, normally, you'll post up the next day or the day after or the week after if busy.. but after so long already.... then suddenly bring it up..

    don't you feel it's kinda weird..?

    btw.. did the model try to ask/arrange for a "make-up" session, but keep on delaying and then finally say she not interested?
    Nope she did not, even if she did you think I still will do it for her?
    Not even if she pays me for it.
    But it's really not about the money, and contrary to some people we don't shoot models as an excuse to ogle at girls. I enjoy shooting and female subject is just one such area of my photography interest.
    Why I started this thread is because I read somewhere in this forum about a photographer who got aeroplaned by a mod, so it reminded me about my own experienced and thus started this thread.I'm sure many other photographers experienced the same episode as me, so I hope this is a place for them to share their stories and highlight those bad mods as a way to pre-warn others and boycott them.

    But I'm really very surprised at how this thread has derailed from my original intention.
    For reasons unknown to me I received criticisms and even get blamed for 'letting myself get aeroplaned' by the mods, as if it was my own fault?
    And to some extent had my character criticized for wanting to do a TFCD.
    Like what someone said, I only said the chicken rice from this stall is lousy and want to know if anyone else had lousy chicken rice elsewhere too? But somehow ended up discussing about the chicken quality, the customer's expectation, the supply and demand logic of chicken rice. I mean I AM baffled!

    Just for info, subsequently she did ask me if I can do another shoot for her.
    I simply ignore her. She treat like as if the previous incident did not even happen.
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

  2. #82

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    ya.. There are good ones.. My model have to work the night before until 2~3am, and still make an effort to turn up the next morning halfway across SG with a bag load of clothings..

    If got chance I'll surely recommend her for shoots..
    Yes, indeed. Highly recommend the excellent ones to others.
    Cannot choose 'models' based on only face value (their looks). Their track record will speak volumes about their attitude and character.

  3. #83
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Many of those girls are just making fool of most of the photographers. And sad to said that many Singaporean guys are so naive thinking that those girls look up on them as photographer. Those guys are just suckers to them.

    They are here to make a quick buck to party, even they screw up one or two shoot, their will be countless of guys waiting to forgive them. They just manja abit, whatever complaint you post here is also useless.

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    But it's really not about the money, and contrary to some people we don't shoot models as an excuse to ogle at girls. I enjoy shooting and female subject is just one such area of my photography interest.
    Agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    Why I started this thread is because I read somewhere in this forum about a photographer who got aeroplaned by a mod, so it reminded me about my own experienced and thus started this thread.I'm sure many other photographers experienced the same episode as me, so I hope this is a place for them to share their stories and highlight those bad mods as a way to pre-warn others and boycott them.
    thanks for sharing and starting this thread.

    btw, model and mods is different.. I guess mods is not appropriate shortform for models..

    Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    But I'm really very surprised at how this thread has derailed from my original intention.
    For reasons unknown to me I received criticisms and even get blamed for 'letting myself get aeroplaned' by the mods, as if it was my own fault?
    And to some extent had my character criticized for wanting to do a TFCD.
    Theres free expression of opinions.. just let it be lah..

    Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    Like what someone said, I only said the chicken rice from this stall is lousy and want to know if anyone else had lousy chicken rice elsewhere too? But somehow ended up discussing about the chicken quality, the customer's expectation, the supply and demand logic of chicken rice. I mean I AM baffled!
    That's just part of the discussion.. Afterall.. just sharing from different pov.. everyone is entitled to their views.. isn't it

    Anyway.. nice thread/topic

  5. #85
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    Just for info, subsequently she did ask me if I can do another shoot for her.
    I simply ignore her.
    thats what i did also

  6. #86

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post

    Just for info, subsequently she did ask me if I can do another shoot for her.
    I simply ignore her. She treat like as if the previous incident did not even happen.
    You should activate your anti-aircraft system and shoot down that aeroplane that flew away previously.
    She wants a reshoot? Not in this life.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by dradttg View Post
    Just sharing my experience with a particular Angela, an extremely skinny one. Think she has only done 2 - 3 CS shoots, 1 - 1.5 years ago.

    Suppose to meet my friend and I at an hotel at 9am for a bf shirt and dress shoot. She told me the night before that she will call me when she reach Outram MRT and I was to pick her up from there.

    At 9:15am, SMS her. No reply
    At 9:30am, SMS her. No reply
    At 9:45am, call her. My call was cut off
    At 10am, SMS back. "Oh dear....I have overslept"
    Several SMS were exchanged after that but not a single sorry. I told her dont have to come because the check-out time was 12pm.

    That evening, I wrote on my MSN status "Oh dear....I overslept. Is that an apology?". She chatted with me and asked me for forgiveness. blah blah blah. Since she sounded sincere, I forgave her.

    A few days later, a common friend directly me to Angela's blog. Her comment "Some photographer siao one. Expect us to wait up so early. I rather have a good sleep than take your money". Her good friend, Jasmine replied, "Yep lor. I rather have a good sleep too. Remember how we played out Luckyboy?". I replied. "If you feel that you have difficulty waking up, you have to tell. I rather have someone cancel a shoot at 2 - 3 am then to have to carry 10 - 20kg of equipments halfway across Singapore to find that I have been played out.
    I think I know which Angela you're talking about, her friend Jasmine also did not turn up for a shoot with me, lucky I was doing another product concept shoot in the studio so not a total waste.

    BTW to TS, since you started this thread to warn other of such a model, would it not be better to provide some form of link or identification so that we know who she is? Or else how to warn others?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  8. #88

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    I think I know which Angela you're talking about, her friend Jasmine also did not turn up for a shoot with me, lucky I was doing another product concept shoot in the studio so not a total waste.

    BTW to TS, since you started this thread to warn other of such a model, would it not be better to provide some form of link or identification so that we know who she is? Or else how to warn others?
    There are some links in the previous page, identifying whom TS was referring to.

  9. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    In fact I just discovered another 'victim' who fell prey to another irresponsible 'model'. So you tell me is my case relevant!
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678892
    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    There are some links in the previous page, identifying whom TS was referring to.
    No leh.. the link is a "discovery" by TS.. not TS's subject.

    btw.. others with stories to share.. maybe can include some links also..? Guess that's the purpose of this thread rite..
    Last edited by Limsgp; 31st August 2010 at 05:24 PM.

  10. #90
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Agree.



    thanks for sharing and starting this thread.

    btw, model and mods is different.. I guess mods is not appropriate shortform for models..



    Theres free expression of opinions.. just let it be lah..



    That's just part of the discussion.. Afterall.. just sharing from different pov.. everyone is entitled to their views.. isn't it

    Anyway.. nice thread/topic
    you mistaken already, what TS meant is he think he was mocked by the Mods.

    please go and re-read Mod Ed's comments and my comments, tell us if you feel the same way as TS.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #91

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post


    But I'm really very surprised at how this thread has derailed from my original intention.
    For reasons unknown to me I received criticisms and even get blamed for 'letting myself get aeroplaned' by the mods, as if it was my own fault?
    And to some extent had my character criticized for wanting to do a TFCD.
    Like what someone said, I only said the chicken rice from this stall is lousy and want to know if anyone else had lousy chicken rice elsewhere too? But somehow ended up discussing about the chicken quality, the customer's expectation, the supply and demand logic of chicken rice. I mean I AM baffled!
    you did well to come out and warn others on such irresponsible model lurking around, can't see how your thread has offended anyone at all but well, such things happen in forums.


    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Theres free expression of opinions.. just let it be lah..

    That's just part of the discussion.. Afterall.. just sharing from different pov.. everyone is entitled to their views.. isn't it

    Anyway.. nice thread/topic
    yup, everyone is entitled to their own views but when someone starts to attack a person's character based on his opinion of how a certain group of people are, that's a .

  12. #92
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    the incident TS mention here is happen in April this year, not sure is there anything trigger him to bring out this issue after a few months.

    and the encounter of dradttg, if he willing to standby his word, can point to us who is the person and her friend, so other photographers will avoid them at all cost, not becoming another "Luckyboy" again.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  13. #93
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by dradttg View Post
    Just sharing my experience with a particular Angela, an extremely skinny one. Think she has only done 2 - 3 CS shoots, 1 - 1.5 years ago.

    Suppose to meet my friend and I at an hotel at 9am for a bf shirt and dress shoot. She told me the night before that she will call me when she reach Outram MRT and I was to pick her up from there.

    At 9:15am, SMS her. No reply
    At 9:30am, SMS her. No reply
    At 9:45am, call her. My call was cut off
    At 10am, SMS back. "Oh dear....I have overslept"
    Several SMS were exchanged after that but not a single sorry. I told her dont have to come because the check-out time was 12pm.

    That evening, I wrote on my MSN status "Oh dear....I overslept. Is that an apology?". She chatted with me and asked me for forgiveness. blah blah blah. Since she sounded sincere, I forgave her.

    A few days later, a common friend directly me to Angela's blog. Her comment "Some photographer siao one. Expect us to wait up so early. I rather have a good sleep than take your money". Her good friend, Jasmine replied, "Yep lor. I rather have a good sleep too. Remember how we played out Luckyboy?". I replied. "If you feel that you have difficulty waking up, you have to tell. I rather have someone cancel a shoot at 2 - 3 am then to have to carry 10 - 20kg of equipments halfway across Singapore to find that I have been played out.
    if this Angela has a Modelling Services Directory thread here, you can leave a feedback in her thread.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  14. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woody Land
    Posts
    1,743

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Happened to me before.... and it was a paid shoot for my client's project....
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

  15. #95

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Didn't know my singular comment can heat up the room with a leftover of staid baits for me to swallow .....
    always the Light, .... always.

  16. #96

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    i guess theres always a minimal risk in working with models you don't know, then its all up to intuition and your own kind discretion and scrutiny amongst choosing who to work with. meanwhile, your thread has opened up the world of "bad models" for me cause i've been lucky for now not to have met any of those yet... so, thanks for the heads up.

    and yeah, if you'd share the name of the model with the rest of the community, i believe it would be of benefit to other photographers in CS venturing into TFCDs and hiring models... to be more cautious of their dealings.

    separately, perhaps some of the other pro shooters here can start a sticky on "how to choose the right models to work with"... heh
    It's all about the moments; and the moments in between. 8 Perpetual || Flickr

  17. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by fudoushin View Post
    separately, perhaps some of the other pro shooters here can start a sticky on "how to choose the right models to work with"... heh
    if you want to be assured of properly train, professional models who don't fly your aeroplane, get those from modeling agency. Being unprofessional and especially no show is a big "NO NO" and if proven, the agency will have to send another model or worst, if it is a commericial shoot, they can be sued for it. That is why agencies are very strict with their models and make sure that they are properly train and show up on time and properly brief on the job.

    If you're working with freelance talents ( wannabe models are at best talents ), this kind of things are the risk you take. Having said that, not all talents / models here are bad ( yes, there are some here who take their jobs seriously enough to be models ), some are respondsible and professional enough to get the job done.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  18. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Happened to me before.... and it was a paid shoot for my client's project....
    Chill bro, you are not alone
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  19. #99

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    if you want to be assured of properly train, professional models who don't fly your aeroplane, get those from modeling agency. Being unprofessional and especially no show is a big "NO NO" and if proven, the agency will have to send another model or worst, if it is a commericial shoot, they can be sued for it. That is why agencies are very strict with their models and make sure that they are properly train and show up on time and properly brief on the job.

    If you're working with freelance talents ( wannabe models are at best talents ), this kind of things are the risk you take. Having said that, not all talents / models here are bad ( yes, there are some here who take their jobs seriously enough to be models ), some are respondsible and professional enough to get the job done.
    Yes, i agree with you.. I was supposed to do a test shoot with a friend of mine who's from Upfront Models however its the formality that I had to go through her booker before i can have a shoot with her. Sadly, i got played out by the booker quite a few times... he'd gave me false promises of a chance to do tests with his other models because my friend had already done "too many" test shoots but later did not respond to my emails...

    Well, perhaps that could also be feedback that my portfolio wasn't good enough or that i didn't have a strong concept.. so i just strive to improve.

    To get back on your reply, the reason why many people shoot freelance talents is to improve themselves to a certain level of skill (well, at least for me) - before you work with agency models cause the level of professionalism is different - you don't go into a shoot with an agency model if you don't know what you're doing (be it your setup, your concept, etc) Similarly, its like you don't try to play for manchester united if you can't even make it to the home united team

    Anyway, thats just my 2 cents.. Will be nice to hear from other fashion/commercial pros around
    It's all about the moments; and the moments in between. 8 Perpetual || Flickr

  20. #100
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

    just curious... those paid photoshoots on CS organised by those organisers, do they have a contract with those models?

    cos i heard of incidents last time, the models last min play out and organiser change model at last min notice (photographers not informed).

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •