Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    So far I don't really enjoy solutions involving mods. It just takes up too much time from their already busy schedules and things to do, which can be used for better things for the forum, than to monitor these quibbles between normal people.

catchlights brought up a good point - "...that is a "culture", "custom" or "ritual" for them to fly photographers aeroplane..."
    It's not going to be easy and it will take a lot of collective effort from these photographers to implement, not to mention, there will always be new blood from both photographers and models (with short shelf life) and the same problem will keep repeating itself, unless the culture or custom can be changed.
    I agree with you that it should not take up too much effort from the mods.. I'm not sure how serious or frequent the problem will be. Seems that it's only once in a blue moon kinda thing to delist (which requires mod's attention)?

The 2nd part is valid too.. But if there are members like TS who is willing to contribute (judging from the comments).. the source of effort from photographers might not be an issue..

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you want to suggest Hall of Flame threads for "Aeroplane Models" and "Wolf Photographers"?
    Yeah....

Default Pilot Hall Of Frame

Like this? No comments, no judgement.. just links..

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678892

Link

Link

Link

Link

just a gentle reminder..

if anyone want to post anything in the sub sections of the Marketplace, please read the sticky threads before you post.

and don't go and "disturb" other people threads unless you are directly involve, any irrelevant posts will be deleted and serve infractions.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

then we can catch the gang of wolves.
    you want to suggest Hall of Flame threads for "Aeroplane Models" and "Wolf Photographers"?

fyi, i didn't bring up the mods in some attempt to get funny with ed.

i am just relaying facts that are related to the issue... i'm sure ed is reasonable enough to see it as a separate issue.
    of course, there will be people who wish to twist it this way to try to paint others as unreasonable , perhaps to personally justify their xmm escapades...

if you can't walk the talk, and succumb to your weaknesses, please do not take it out on me. at the very least, i had tried to put myself in your shoes, i can see no answer, no reply. and no one has provided a viable retort to my points, only mystical, vague brushes that fail to go into details. i am sick and tired of "freedom of choice" being a blanket response to bad behaviour. i can already foresee the next step when i point out that we also have the freedom of choice to kill others, steal property, etc... which would be to hide underneath the "we have hurt nobody" shield. i also have a response to that, but it has been expounded on previously on numerous occasions, i don't think there is a point.

the GWC will remain GWC, all i will say is that if you feel scalded by my words, then you should think about why. after all, i am only referring to a special, unique class of person. do you think the characteristics described by me fit you? if they don't, why do you feel hurt?

this subject is a recurring one that will never end. 2 years ago it was at status quo. 5 years later it will be at status quo. models will fly photographers' aeroplanes, models will make use of gullible photographers and laugh their way to the bank... at the same time, photographers will take liberties with models, goad girls who don't know any better into actions that they will regret later on... no one wants to face it straight on. that's how it is, that's how it will be.

anyhow, i think i have made my points clear - i'm out of here.
    Last edited by night86mare; 31st August 2010 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i'm just expressing a point of view, never shoved my opinion down anyone's throat by my own standards. which is more than what i can say for the people claiming to be the champions of freedom of speech... you can put it in honey-coated words, but the intent expressed in the words is telling. almost sickening.

at the very least, when challenged, i have thought about all these issues beforehand. what is a brain for, if not to think? to look through mass photoshoots section and select the cutest xmm to capture like pokemon?

sometimes i wonder if the people commenting on my viewpoint are just defending their choice, rather than having a real stance... i mean, let's admit it, if you have say, carried out an action and people ridicule it... you will feel the need to say that it's fine. never mind that you can't give any reason, the "freedom of choice" reason is a good enough blanket to ward off anything..

never mind that i also have a right to free speech. so we have to love double standards. the GWC can shoot the XMM for their unique, amazing, profound, mystical reasons, but night86mare cannot have a right to comment on his views on their actions.

by the way, the green tea issue is a real story that serves as good anecdote for me to remind me what i don't want to become..
    nobody says you can't comment. btw, from what i see is that you are still disrespect, ridicule and looking down on one's preference. maybe i missed out the part why u dislike gwc so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Like this? No comments, no judgement.. just links..

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678892

Link
    just a gentle reminder..

if anyone want to post anything in the sub sections of the Marketplace, please read the sticky threads before you post.

and don't go and "disturb" other people threads unless you are directly involve, any irrelevant posts will be deleted and serve infractions.
    LOL... I didn't know there is another wildcat (lucky not badwolf) in the forum. That's not me hor... must clarify first, cannot afford another infraction

Not that I am interested in body builders either but NNB has been a source of my secret shots.
    Last edited by wildcat; 31st August 2010 at 10:58 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    fyi, i didn't bring up the mods in some attempt to get funny with ed.
    no offence taken, we're cool, dewd ....
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    sorry to cut in like this nightmare .... just ask that some respect be shown to others' preferences and reasons

TS..... if this is a TFCD, costs should be split too..... u should've asked to share 50/50 on studio rental and make sure u collect her share in advance

She sounds like someone you know and not a stranger........... u should make known your unhappiness at her irresponsible behavior...... otherwise... if you keep quiet about it in front of her ... then you swallow and ACCEPT IT

This happened in April.......U should be ranting to her LONG AGO then and not to us only just now when its almost September, no ?

Sorry, I just HATE any man to be played the fool by a woman and not do something about it.

better luck next time
    The agreement is I will source a studio but she will pay for the cost of the rental fully.

She's just an acquaintance not even consider a friend. She has joined several pagents before and was a part time model before she joined SQ.

After that incident, I stopped contacting her for obvious reasons.

So rather than assume everything, just ask!
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

A photographer spend the effort, time and money to plan for a shoot, didn't is it wise to a little more time, effort and money to look for the right people to work with? It is the photographer's duty to do his own research on the casting, he simply can't blame on others for picking up a so call "model" from a wrong place.

btw, most "models" have rather short "career life span", it will be a waste of resources of keeping track of them.

anyway, we don't forbid any inexperience photographers to offer services in photographer directory or taking assignment in the service wanted, or ban anyone for screwing up a job. So don't please expect somebody do the babysitting for the models and photographers.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    yeah.. maybe TS can comment? wanted to ask this but forgot..

it's weird to bring it up after so long.. or maybe TS kena 2nd one recently but only mentioned the first one bcoz it has more things to says..?
    Does it make any difference if it happened this week or last year?
    Dosen't change the fact that it happened before.
    Unless there is an expiry date to such things?
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

consider yourself unlucky lor . . . anyway it is FTCD . . .

there are many models and photographers out there. just whether they click together or not.

Just sharing my experience with a particular Angela, an extremely skinny one. Think she has only done 2 - 3 CS shoots, 1 - 1.5 years ago.

Suppose to meet my friend and I at an hotel at 9am for a bf shirt and dress shoot. She told me the night before that she will call me when she reach Outram MRT and I was to pick her up from there.

At 9:15am, SMS her. No reply
    At 9:30am, SMS her. No reply
    At 9:45am, call her. My call was cut off
    At 10am, SMS back. "Oh dear....I have overslept"
    Several SMS were exchanged after that but not a single sorry. I told her dont have to come because the check-out time was 12pm.

That evening, I wrote on my MSN status "Oh dear....I overslept. Is that an apology?". She chatted with me and asked me for forgiveness. blah blah blah. Since she sounded sincere, I forgave her.

A few days later, a common friend directly me to Angela's blog. Her comment "Some photographer siao one. Expect us to wait up so early. I rather have a good sleep than take your money". Her good friend, Jasmine replied, "Yep lor. I rather have a good sleep too. Remember how we played out Luckyboy?". I replied. "If you feel that you have difficulty waking up, you have to tell. I rather have someone cancel a shoot at 2 - 3 am then to have to carry 10 - 20kg of equipments halfway across Singapore to find that I have been played out.

Quote Originally Posted by dradttg View Post
    Just sharing my experience with a particular Angela, an extremely skinny one. Think she has only done 2 - 3 CS shoots, 1 - 1.5 years ago.

Suppose to meet my friend and I at an hotel at 9am for a bf shirt and dress shoot. She told me the night before that she will call me when she reach Outram MRT and I was to pick her up from there.

Several SMS were exchanged after that but not a single sorry. I told her dont have to come because the check-out time was 12pm.

That evening, I wrote on my MSN status "Oh dear....I overslept. Is that an apology?". She chatted with me and asked me for forgiveness. blah blah blah. Since she sounded sincere, I forgave her.

A few days later, a common friend directly me to Angela's blog. Her comment "Some photographer siao one. Expect us to wait up so early. I rather have a good sleep than take your money". Her good friend, Jasmine replied, "Yep lor. I rather have a good sleep too. Remember how we played out Luckyboy?". I replied. "If you feel that you have difficulty waking up, you have to tell. I rather have someone cancel a shoot at 2 - 3 am then to have to carry 10 - 20kg of equipments halfway across Singapore to find that I have been played out.
    If it's to catch a plane early in the morning to a holiday destination, will she oversleep? If its a job interview at 9 am sharp, will she have the audacity to be late? So it really boils down to respect and self discipline, no? Good luck to her in life.

This person should be boycotted

To TS, I feel sorry for your experience... I have done a few TFCDs and fortunately haven't been stood up like that yet...

Only thing i can suggest here is to sms or call the model on the day before the shoot, to confirm about the meeting time and place as agreed upon. Good communication with the model is the least you should do.

Meanwhile, choose the "right models"... look for models with a good track record and good attitude.. have some relevant discussion with the model about the shoot (e.g. theme/concept) before committing to do it...

Also, i reckon you should visit modelmayhem.com (:

Good luck mate
    Last edited by fudoushin; 31st August 2010 at 03:29 PM.
    It's all about the moments; and the moments in between. 8 Perpetual || Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    Does it make any difference if it happened this week or last year?
    Dosen't change the fact that it happened before.
    Unless there is an expiry date to such things?
    It doesn't change the fact, and there is no expiry date..

But, it's just weird lor..

like if you kena aeroplane, normally, you'll post up the next day or the day after or the week after if busy.. but after so long already.... then suddenly bring it up..

don't you feel it's kinda weird..?

btw.. did the model try to ask/arrange for a "make-up" session, but keep on delaying and then finally say she not interested?

Quote Originally Posted by fudoushin View Post

Meanwhile, choose the "right models"... look for models with a good track record and good attitude.. have some relevant discussion with the model about the shoot (e.g. theme/concept) before committing to do it...
    ya.. There are good ones.. My model have to work the night before until 2~3am, and still make an effort to turn up the next morning halfway across SG with a bag load of clothings..

If got chance I'll surely recommend her for shoots..

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast