Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

Default Re: Any photographers experienced 'model' problems?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the girl actually means something to me, and is in my life.

how people can find the inspiration to shoot something/someone that means nothing to them (in a hobby) is beyond me. unless of course, the GWC will claim that the xmm means something to them, then the question is what? and then the answer will be an ugly one.
    in my humble view, this is quite a cocky comment and rather self-flattering.
    It's like some people who still believe that the sun revolves around them.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    pal, u spend thousands of dollars on gears and u offer free shoots for pretty women ? just becos they are pretty ?

you had been made used of and been taken advantage ! those gals treat you like a fool ! they think u are hungry to shoot them... not the other way round

guys... learn to say no ! protect your professionalism !

Blog Entries

........how people can find the inspiration to shoot something/someone that means nothing to them (in a hobby) is beyond me. unless of course, the GWC will claim that the xmm means something to them, then the question is what? and then the answer will be an ugly one.
    sorry to cut in like this nightmare .... just ask that some respect be shown to others' preferences and reasons

TS..... if this is a TFCD, costs should be split too..... u should've asked to share 50/50 on studio rental and make sure u collect her share in advance

She sounds like someone you know and not a stranger........... u should make known your unhappiness at her irresponsible behavior...... otherwise... if you keep quiet about it in front of her ... then you swallow and ACCEPT IT

This happened in April.......U should be ranting to her LONG AGO then and not to us only just now when its almost September, no ?

Sorry, I just HATE any man to be played the fool by a woman and not do something about it.

better luck next time
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    sorry to cut in like this nightmare .... just ask that some respect be shown to others' preferences and reasons
    can we start a thread about "preferences and reason for shooting models as a pastime"?

i think the replies to this one will be very, very interesting.

we could even produce a clubsnap humour book about it, and it will be a bestseller. can help with server upgrades for years to come.

i am sorry if anyone here is offended by my sweeping statements about model shooters.

of course, if your conscience is clear.............. why do you care what i say? it won't apply to you. or does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    It's good that you bought it up.

Actually, perhaps there should be a sticky thread with links to all these "incidents" as consumer reference.

Of coz, if there is consistent good conduct, the model can request to the mod to "delist" from the sticky.

Would that be a good suggestion?
    brought up before wrt photographers.

the mod team's reply made sense, there will be petty quarrels, and then who are they to side? based on whoever has kopi more with them? they can't keep up a semblance of neutrality if they have to openly pass judgement.

next time just meet up the model first before any shoot
    at least u know how sincere the model is

I know of such problems. I do TFCD shoot too.
    Kena fly aeroplane a few times already.

My "playsafe" solutions are:
    - Choose the TFCD models who don't club.
    - Choose locations which is also near breakfast F&B outlets. (Clarke quay is near song fa bak kut teh / chi gardens near hawker centre)
    - For studio shoots, ask them to pay "deposit" first?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    in my humble view, this is quite a cocky comment and rather self-flattering.
    It's like some people who still believe that the sun revolves around them.
    your logic eludes me.

making a factual statement, before moving on to a personal viewpoint and a clear statement of it... with no attempt to disguise it as something else (like, for example, a "humble view") , is now seen as a cocky comment and self-flattery?

oh dear, the next time i declare that a plate of chicken rice is delicious and rub my tummy, i will shut my mouth for fear that people will think that i think that the sun revolves around me.

Sticky in modeling section lah..

Yes, model can always start a new thread. the point is, PGs can refer to the sticky, check out the various feedbacks, then browse thru the sections/threads.

Even if the pilot start a new thread, if the old thread link is in the sticky, surely the PG would have some impression? Then maybe refer back to the old and re-confirm whether it's the same person.

Of coz, if the PG don't do homework and check out the sticky.. then cannot help lah..

brought up before wrt photographers.

the mod team's reply made sense, there will be petty quarrels, and then who are they to side? based on whoever has kopi more with them? they can't keep up a semblance of neutrality if they have to openly pass judgement.
    Mod can take a neutral stand and no need to side any party..

The link in the sticky thread is there for a record of consumer feedback. Just like there is a thread for all de-reg a/c.. something like that..

As for the disputes, it's in the respective thread body itself.. it's up to members to judge and refer to both sides of the story..

For entries to the sticky.. the member can request to the mod team. The sticky will only contain links.. no comments, no judgement.. just links. So mod team stand is neutral and not involved.

Of coz, models can always reg new nick.. at least, there'll be 30 days "break" before they can post again in services..

This, can be an encouragement for the professionals and responsible models.. as it can meant potentially more business if the photographers avoid the irresponsible ones..

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    This happened in April.......U should be ranting to her LONG AGO then and not to us only just now when its almost September, no ?
    yeah.. maybe TS can comment? wanted to ask this but forgot..

it's weird to bring it up after so long.. or maybe TS kena 2nd one recently but only mentioned the first one bcoz it has more things to says..?

can we start a thread about "preferences and reason for shooting models as a pastime"?

i think the replies to this one will be very, very interesting.

we could even produce a clubsnap humour book about it, and it will be a bestseller. can help with server upgrades for years to come.

i am sorry if anyone here is offended by my sweeping statements about model shooters.

of course, if your conscience is clear.............. why do you care what i say? it won't apply to you. or does it?
    hmmm...not sure why you care so much about a photographer's reason to shoot. it's a person's own preference, whether he likes to shoot XMM smiling a not. There's no right or wrong as long as he's not breaking the laws. And it is seriously wrong to ridicule one's preference, just like some people may like mee siam with hum...so what? let him be, as long as he's happy.

oh dear, the next time i declare that a plate of chicken rice is delicious and rub my tummy, i will shut my mouth for fear that people will think that i think that the sun revolves around me.
    But the way you put it is like, fried oyster omelette is so oily and disgusting bcoz there is much cholesterol.. and pple who likes cholesterol to satisfy their primal desires is like.. "exhibit unhealthy behavior"?

There are pple who likes Orh Lua (蚝煎) for whatever reasons.. maybe the oyster, maybe the egg.. to say negative things about pple who likes to eat oyster omelette, or about the food itself, is like not respecting others lor..

it kinda also insult pple who eat it for the oyster/egg.. not everyone eat it for the cholesterol.. just inevitable that oyster/egg contains cholesterol too..

To say "you like to eat something" have different impact to others from saying "other food is unwholesome"..

My view is.. I eat my oyster omelette, and will continue eating.. you say what you like.. it's free expression of opinion.. I respect that.. so no issue for me..

But nevertheless.. to comment negatively about other pple's liking for that particular food is like a bit rude lor.. some have no issue.. some may have issues..

The food thing is just an illustration.. I guess you know what I meant lah..
    Last edited by Limsgp; 31st August 2010 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    - Choose locations which is also near breakfast F&B outlets. (Clarke quay is near song fa bak kut teh / chi gardens near hawker centre)
    nice one.. haha..

Can start a thread of "photoshoot locations near good food"? Must classify in NSEW central zones..

your logic eludes me.

making a factual statement, before moving on to a personal viewpoint and a clear statement of it... with no attempt to disguise it as something else (like, for example, a "humble view") , is now seen as a cocky comment and self-flattery?

Actually after seeing the same replies for months, putting down other photographers who choose to shoot xmm photos, I feel that it is more like telling everyone else who posts debateably lousy photos of chicken rice, that they are stupid to eat chicken rice and why pay $3 to eat chicken rice and how chicken rice sellers are just interested in green tea. It's not an isolated incident but repeated frequent enough that most of us here who have been around six months or more, would have seen quite a lot of these happening.

I think you've made your point and repeated putting down "these photographers" to effectively lumps them into a category of low-class citizens doesn't really help in your case. Instead it makes you look like you have a personal vendetta against everyone who takes xmm pictures. I agree with ed9119 whom I don't see as posting as a moderator (why bring in this issue about mods?) but rather as any other person sharing the forum. I for one, have always been trying to get the mods to post and reply as normal people rather than high and mighty moderators, and I appreciate ed9119 posting in the way he did.

Don't mean anything personal to you, and hope you take this in a positive manner but frankly, there have been one too many postings about xmm and their green tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    My potential model always flew away.
    Stop strok.. I mean, strobbing them

Actually, perhaps there should be a sticky thread with links to all these "incidents" as consumer reference.

Of coz, if there is consistent good conduct, the model can request to the mod to "delist" from the sticky.

So far I don't really enjoy solutions involving mods. It just takes up too much time from their already busy schedules and things to do, which can be used for better things for the forum, than to monitor these quibbles between normal people. As far as possible, my opinion is we should try to resolve personal quibbles without involving higher powers - afterall, how often do we have problems that we need to raise to CASE?

catchlights brought up a good point - "...that is a "culture", "custom" or "ritual" for them to fly photographers aeroplane..."
    It's not going to be easy and it will take a lot of collective effort from these photographers to implement, not to mention, there will always be new blood from both photographers and models (with short shelf life) and the same problem will keep repeating itself, unless the culture or custom can be changed.

You don't really see many people fly aeroplane during the free outings organized in Gatherings & Outings, right? I believe this is because of culture or custom - anyone posting and cutting queue, for example, will be reprimanded and repeated offence people will be blacklisted from the organizers.
    Last edited by wildcat; 31st August 2010 at 09:04 AM.

I think it's all about supply and demand...

you want to suggest Hall of Flame threads for "Aeroplane Models" and "Wolf Photographers"?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    next time just meet up the model first before any shoot
    at least u know how sincere the model is
    that's what Deadpoet always do....
    oh gosh, you didn't know how picky he is, not sure how many models being rejected.

anyway, the more hardup photographers are, the higher chance of getting a big jumbo jet.

Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    I know of such problems. I do TFCD shoot too.
    Kena fly aeroplane a few times already.

My "playsafe" solutions are:
    - Choose the TFCD models who don't club.
    - For studio shoots, ask them to pay "deposit" first?
    choose a older model, you will be safer.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast