Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Review - Panasonic G2 & G10 Side by side

Default Re: [Field Test] Panasonic G2 & G10 Side by side

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    ha ha ha yes you are right.... DM was waiting for me yesterday ......... ssssshhhhhh...was passing him the new Fujifilm X... Leica lookalike for testing and review .... har har better not let the rangefinder gang hear about this !!!
    Ok... Mouth zipped up... Can I test it too?
    Shhhhhhh....
    Last edited by ed9119; 26th September 2010 at 05:27 PM.
    http://www.yeechaokoh.com/
    What's the use of "depth of field" if there's no "depth of feelings...

Blog Entries

mod Headfonz has included his thoughts on the G10 and has also uploaded his images in Pg 2 of this review thread
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

ha ha ha yes you are right.... DM was waiting for me yesterday ......... ssssshhhhhh...was passing him the new Fujifilm X... Leica lookalike for testing and review .... har har better not let the rangefinder gang hear about this !!!

Alamak Ed!

Now I have to dress up as a Tranny and go incognito to test the ehemfujiehemXehemcamehem cam!

Blog Entries

Feeling evil ....... Your inbox should start filliing up fast. Today
    Walkeast

SSHHhhhhhhhhhhh.........

Blog Entries

I am focused on the 'X' !

Last edited by daredevil123; 28th September 2010 at 09:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Review - Panasonic G2 & G10 Side by side

Headfonz swapped cameras a week ago..... he has the G2 and I am now shooting with the G10

The G10 as Fonzie has rightly mentioned, is a stripped down version of the G2....wished it kept the articulating LCD screen at least.... G10 is significantly lighter in weight compared to G2 and build quality while still good lags behind the G2's superb finishing.

However the G10 still delivers in all other aspects sans the rotating LCD, build quality and a couple of bells and whistles that are not critical

For someone who prefers a simpler camera body to work with or with clumsy fingers accidentally triggering or re-setting functions through 'fat finger' syndrome, the G10 is ideal ha ha !!

OK how does this camera perform at higher ISOs in low light?

Rather than shooting dead objects, I used my daughter after she had finished her homework and enjoying her reward for the evening......... half an hour with the PC playing cooking and other girlie games online...... this is the BEST opportunity for ANYONE wanting to catch their kids perfectly still locked in on something so intensely and lost in their own world..... ha ha ha so children's portrait shooters take note !

APOLOGIES for the slight pixelation in the images ....... I saved files at low level..... nothing to do with the camera

AND the beauty of mirroless cameras..... no mirror slap...... lower handheld shooting speeds.....

ISO800
    Last edited by ed9119; 4th October 2010 at 11:12 PM.
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

ISO800

ISO800 Cropped 100%
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

ISO640

ISO640 Cropped 100%

----------------------------

Another image at ISO640

ISO640 Cropped 100%

---------------------------

Off to bed she went after that................
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

These comments and pics below are identical to the comments I had posted in the Samsung NX10 review thread and I have copied them here only BECAUSE these 2 lightweight outfits achieve the same advantage over a regular DSLR

DSLR users.... please take this with a pinch of humor !!!

Cropped to protect the innocent adults from embarassment
    Quite a few parents slinging DSLRS along to take pics of their kids at a birthday party..... Started out very eagerly shooting

Then the wifey takes over the camera-lugging duties ....

Naturally, it gets tiring....

Really tiring

Of course there are other ways to keep the DSLR safely out of the way while looking after thie kids at the party..... something every parent looks forward to at every kid's party LOL !!!

Last edited by ed9119; 5th October 2010 at 10:14 AM.
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

The smart ones

(pic taken with G10 .... OTHERWISE it would have been sitting comfortably around the neck of the young ladiy in the middle )

Last edited by ed9119; 4th October 2010 at 11:35 PM.
    Walkeast

Just manage to get my hand on a RED pana G2. I must say the design and feel is nice. The only short come would be the "snap" sound when taking photo.

Blog Entries

brought the G10 to the Leica Store Singapore opening event this evening........ it handled pretty ok at iso 640 all evening long.......... following are a few of the event images..... more in the Rangefinder sub-section of Clubsnap

Noted Chinese photographer Yang Yan Kang was exhibiting there.......VERY nice guy

Oskar Barnak's personal handwritten design notes .... for those of you not familiar with the Leica religion...... this is almost like viewing the Buddah Tooth or the Shroud of Turin to the Leica fanatic LOL !!! ......
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

The cameras (G2 and G10) have been with us for slightly more than a month now.......

- nice pretty pics have been posted up
    - praises have been sung on the, build quality, handling abilities and features (and they are great)

This review however still needs to be honest and fair..... honest to the viewers reading and making purchase decisions.... and fair to the manufacturer's R&D on what they should be focusing on with the next cam in a couple of years

- that focusing box is state-of-the-art..... but I wished that there was a 'dumb' button where I can have a focusing box that does not run all over the LCD screen at the slightest touch

- the Menu is loaded with so many bells and whistles it gets a little confusing..... .... thankfully , most of the Must-haves are found in Q.Menu

- ergonomically the camera handles great, but the back of the camera is so cluttered by buttons that I have on quite a few occassions re-set certain settings by a casual grab of the camera from the table.... it is just natural to lay my fat thumb on the back of the camera and it has accidentally pressed a few of these buttons already

- AEL/AF Lock button needs to be thumb-reacheable ....... its a little too far now

- I would not shoot too much beyond ISO 800 if I can help it........ if you dont mind noise or if just shooting snapshots casually or Stomping, I guess you can use ISO 6400..... otherwise if you're printing up to 6R you can get away with ISO 1600.... printing any larger (8R and beyond) , you will need to stay at ISO800 or lower

- Panasonic REALLY has to come up with a smaller and flatter kit lens to keep the entire package streamlined and slim .... its slightly smaller than a typical DSLR kit lens .... so, work on that please

- EVF gives me a headache looking at it for long periods and it shudders........ ALL OTHER BRANDS are GUILTY of this not just Panasonic

- Give us a few more pancake primes from 10mm on down

- Solve all our problems.... and gain world dominance.........give us a LX6 with a M4/3 sized sensor, articulating LCD and interchangeable lens
    Last edited by ed9119; 8th October 2010 at 03:13 PM.
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

some photos to share

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Damn G2 is nice. Just found out that G2 can use with Canon EOS Dedicated TTL Off-Camera Shoe Cord OC-E3 and its own flash system. It still keep the Full TTL function on the flash. Really handy for anyone who is into off cam shoe setup.

Many thanks for the review. The photos posted looked fantastic!

Much appreciate the effort.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234