Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: National Service Recognition Award : National Day Rally

Default Re: National Service Recognition Award : National Day Rally

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    let's await the news. not be too quick to shoot from the hip. i am below 55 y.o., naturally, i am concerned too.
    To me , if there's is, it's just a bonus.

I would rather be recongnised as a whole and not an individual.

Reward the NSmen and his families too.

those that get should treat it as a bonus.
    those that never get mai kpkb.
    a lot of us complain about serving from day 1 enlistment until MR.
    how many of us serve wholeheartedly.
    IMO those that serve with no complaints deserve the handout.
    THose that didn't and complain everyday (like me) don't deserve it.

Nowadays.. shorter NS, better food, better transport, better clothing, lighter gears..... got $9k somemore..

Quote Originally Posted by Muckafutha View Post
    those that get should treat it as a bonus.
    those that never get mai kpkb.
    a lot of us complain about serving from day 1 enlistment until MR.
    how many of us serve wholeheartedly.
    IMO those that serve with no complaints deserve the handout.
    THose that didn't and complain everyday (like me) don't deserve it.
    I actually look forward to Reservist becoz get to meet old kakis and take a break from the stress of daily life.

I did my 13 year ICT diligently. Even broke my ankle badly during one of the training missions.

Kinda like the regimental life, keep my discipline in check once in a while. Having the luxuries of life - time, money, tv, good food, bed and more taken away from me during this period, let me be reminded the hardship others suffer elsewhere in this world.

Get to shoot and clean my weapon (military junkie) and go places only the Army can bring me, eg Area D. Never once ask for anything in return, BUT WHY the Gahmen being so selective in awarding? That pisses me.

Don't even mention about BONUS. It's not really the money that matters but the Recognition.

If tommorrow got war, I'll volunteer to defend this country without even thinking of the $9k I didn't get!
    Last edited by greenieadi; 8th September 2010 at 06:12 PM.

Same here, I enjoyed my NS so much I extended ROD date voluntarily. I will also jump to defend this little red dot. Bonus or no bonus.

All policies must have cut off at some point. If not even all the lao peng that pass away liao their children also come and claim. How to administer the policy like that. NS pay increase over the years, can we go and claim back pay cos we got $170 nia.

Best not to think about it so much. Its never ending. I also miss the baby bonus and CDA handout. What to do? That's life.

Same here, I enjoyed my NS so much I extended ROD date voluntarily. I will also jump to defend this little red dot. Bonus or no bonus.

All policies must have cut off at some point. If not even all the lao peng that pass away liao their children also come and claim. How to administer the policy like that. NS pay increase over the years, can we go and claim back pay cos we got $170 nia.

Best not to think about it so much. Its never ending. I also miss the baby bonus and CDA handout. What to do? That's life.
    eat. drink. shoot

Sad, got hypocrite like u. Ok lah, enough is enough.
    Last edited by greenieadi; 9th September 2010 at 12:06 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567