Thread: National Day @ Yumin

Default National Day @ Yumin

National Day @ Yumin by cruiser2710, on Flickr

- In what area is critique to be sought?

I'd really like to find out the followin gthings:
    • composition
    • subject's expression
    • exposure / brightness / sharpness
    • possible suggestions to make group photos better

What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work? / Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

For this picture, I was looking to express the vibrancy of the National Day celebration at the school as well as the euphoria and ecstacy that was electrifying. Also, I was trying to show the joys and the candidness of being young

What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

For me, I've been taking candid photos of my friends back in JC with my S3IS and they treated me like the plague whenever i brought my camera to school but nonetheless I've been able to catch them at their natural moments.

Similarly, for this photo, I feel that I've managed to freeze that candid joyful carefree moment in time and that their expression on their faces expresses that

Default Re: National Day @ Yumin

If I were at the camera I would probably focus on the girl in front (in red) using a shallow depth of field to let her expression stand out.
    Perhaps you'd like to crop out the top part to give it a more 'together' kind of feel to the picture.