Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY Flash Diffuser

Default Re: DIY Flash Diffuser

By the way how effective do you find the cardboard in diffusing light? I normally use stacked trace paper, I happen to draw a little so I have a lot of them, I might switch to that white plastic board thing if it's better. When I looked up DIY light tent on the internet I see lots of people using fabric to diffuse light too, but I haven't tried that out yet
    Canon Kiss X3 BG-E5 | Canon 135 f2 | Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 | Sigma 50 f1.4 | 430EXII
    View my gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Soundaholic View Post
    By the way how effective do you find the cardboard in diffusing light? I normally use stacked trace paper, I happen to draw a little so I have a lot of them, I might switch to that white plastic board thing if it's better. When I looked up DIY light tent on the internet I see lots of people using fabric to diffuse light too, but I haven't tried that out yet
    I'm not too sure myself. I had been using the white plastic cardboard. Yet to try other materials.

Hmm, the white plastic cardboard seems to be cutting off way too much light imho.. Maybe you can try a thinner material..? (white plastic bag? )

Anyway, I would like to share my DIY diffuser that I made a couple of months back.

I haven't had a chance to do macro (since then) yet so I dont have any macro samples but I've used it for some portrait shoots and have been more than pleased with the results.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...0103&p=6143349

Capture your memories, for they are not forever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12