Thread: Sensor cleaning

Default Sensor cleaning

i am sure everyone here who owns a camera will use the sensor cleaning function.
    That is assuming your camera has this function.

Under sensor cleaning, there is auto cleaning, clean now and clean manually.

during my free time, i will do a "clean now" on my camera, despite my camera already set to "auto cleaning".

The question is i a bit kiasu, within 1 or 2 mins, i clean using that function for about 10 to 15 times, hoping it will be cleaner, any impact?

or should i clean once enough for every clean?

Default Re: Sensor cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by takengo2003 View Post
    i am sure everyone here who owns a camera will use the sensor cleaning function.

during my free time, i will do a "clean now" on my camera, despite my camera already set to "auto cleaning".

The question is i a bit kiasu, within 1 or 2 mins, i clean using that function for about 10 to 15 times, hoping it will be cleaner, any impact?

you dont actually have to clean it that often....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by takengo2003 View Post

Don't think it will matter that much, if you keep cleaning it.

Some dirt will not come off with sensor cleaning. You will need to use a blower on the sensor. Some dirt even blower cannot remove. Then bring it down to SC to get it cleaned.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta93 View Post
    you dont actually have to clean it that often....
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Don't think it will matter that much, if you keep cleaning it.

Some dirt will not come off with sensor cleaning. You will need to use a blower on the sensor. Some dirt even blower cannot remove. Then bring it down to SC to get it cleaned.
    Agree with the bros, what happen to those cameras without the sensor clean functions?

Do you know this function only come out ~2 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by horizon_grazer View Post
    Agree with the bros, what happen to those cameras without the sensor clean functions?

Do you know this function only come out ~2 years ago?
    no sensor clean function...lift the mirror every 2 mins and blow....
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

If you turn on auto cleaning, the camera should do the sensor cleaning by shaking the sensor when you turn on/off the camera. Clean now is the same as auto clean, just manually activating auto cleaning, if you get what I am trying to say.

Manual cleaning will flip mirror up to allow you to blow, brush or swab the sensor, depending on method you prefer.

There is no need to do the "clean now" function if you have auto on. If there is no dust spot on the sensor, you can clean it a thousand times and it will not make any difference. For dust spot that do now disappear after doing clean now for 2 or 3 times, chances are, you need to do manual cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    no sensor clean function...lift the mirror every 2 mins and blow....
    agree..
    my camera gt few dust inside but cant get it clean even i used sensor cleaning few times.
    blower will do just fine.

don't need to be so kan chiong la...

sensor not all the time exposed to dirt... if you look after properly...

this one is not a every week clean 3 times a day routine..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

the sensor cleaning function usually involves vibrating the sensor at high frequency in an attempt to "shake" off the dust.

so yes, repeating it can be effective, but if the sensor is clean, and you vibrate, vibrate, vibrate then there is no use, is there?

also, as others have mentioned, some dust will not come off with this method - this is either dust which is too large and heavy (therefore removable with the aid of a blower)... or welded dust (dust with moisture). for the latter, you will need wet cleaning methods.

no need so kiasu la... maybe after every few lens change, use the function 1 or 2 times would be engh...
    Playing with M43.

kiasu Singaporean . . .

anyway, no harm using the function since it is there for you to use.