Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi Everyone!

Default Re: Hi Everyone!

Welcome and try to ward off the BBB virus as much and as long as possible
    Playing with M43.

Quote Originally Posted by samchia View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new to photography. hope can get some advice from you guys!

I was thinking of getting a dslr camera to start but i have no idea which brand and model i should consider. i would probably used it more for taking outdoor taking and skyline probably. Hope you guys can give me some advice. budget probably ard $1k. This coming weekend there is IT show was considering getting it during IT Show
    out door taking and skyline i assume ur taking under bright sun, i guess most of the DSLR + basic lens will do good coz of the abundant amount of light outdoor with ur budget u can get nikon D3000, D5000, maybe even D3100 or canon 1000D, 500D or pentax K200(i saw alan photo selling this for S$600 with kit lens if my memory serves me right), k-x or samsung NX10 or sony A290, A330, A350, A550 or lumix G1, GF1 or olympus EP1, E450, E520

i think that's the model under 1000 with kit lens that u can get brand new, happy googling
    Last edited by willdoang; 31st August 2010 at 08:23 AM.

Welcome and hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Akatsuki View Post
    Welcome and try to ward off the BBB virus as much and as long as possible
    no la, very hard one la.. newbie see other ppl using big lens, nice red line around the lens then "wah~!"

LOL...

very fast will ask which lens should i upgrade to?
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    hahha.. hmm.. i wun use it if very windy and if I'm planning to put an shoot through umbrella or reflector umbrella. But then again.. if got spare cash yes its still advisable to buy a light stand instead. It at least guarantee the weight and your flash and other stuff..
    Even in such conditions, a proper light stand will also topple.... Done that before and we had to weigh it down with a heavy bag in the end to be safe.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by willdoang View Post
    out door taking and skyline i assume ur taking under bright sun, i guess most of the DSLR + basic lens will do good coz of the abundant amount of light outdoor with ur budget u can get nikon D3000, D5000, maybe even D3100 or canon 1000D, 500D or pentax K200(i saw alan photo selling this for S$600 with kit lens if my memory serves me right), k-x or samsung NX10 or sony A290, A330, A350, A550 or lumix G1, GF1 or olympus EP1, E450, E520

i think that's the model under 1000 with kit lens that u can get brand new, happy googling
    thanks! i was thinking of what model to get. at least now i can narrow down my choices!

Quote Originally Posted by samchia View Post
    thanks! i was thinking of what model to get. at least now i can narrow down my choices!
    the best way to narrow ur choices is to go to a shop that is not crowded... spend 2-3 hours trying and comparing cameras.. the picture, the user friendlyness.. the size, the weight (important lor~! too heavy you sure you will bring ur DSLR out to take photos?)

i know alot of people who don't use, cos they say aiya too bulky le... then in the first place buy for what! waste $
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    the best way to narrow ur choices is to go to a shop that is not crowded... spend 2-3 hours trying and comparing cameras.. the picture, the user friendlyness.. the size, the weight (important lor~! too heavy you sure you will bring ur DSLR out to take photos?)

i know alot of people who don't use, cos they say aiya too bulky le... then in the first place buy for what! waste $
    haha yea! thats what i think also. alot of ppl buy and never use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12