Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 129

Thread: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

  1. #1

    Default China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    China has expressed anger that a Philippines flag covered the coffin of the hostage taker in Manila responsible for the deaths of eight tourists from Hong Kong.

    The Chinese embassy said the placing of the flag on the coffin made it seem as though Rolando Mendoza had died a hero, not a killer.

    The Philippines government said the flag had been placed there by Mendoza's family and been removed later by a city official.

    source here :

    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...15708274?f=rss

    and here:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11122434
    Objection !!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    He was also dressed in official police uniform. That I can still understand since he WAS a police officer. But draped in a flag? They think he is a national hero or something?

    Not sure if Philippines has law governing the use of their flag as I have read the Philippines government has officially responded that they cannot doing anything about it. If there is none, I am afraid some HKers will think of innovative ways to use them. Already people in HK online forums have suggested several usage with the Philippines flag printed on them:
    - diaper
    - toilet paper
    - sanitary napkin

    BTW, there will be a march this afternoon in HK. HK government is worry about ugly scenes during the march since the starting and ending points usually have a lot of Filipino maids spending their off day there.

    I hope no innocent people will get hurt. There is already one too many in Philippines last week.
    Last edited by CS TAN; 29th August 2010 at 08:00 AM.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

  3. #3

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    As far as I am concerned, he was a murderer, a mad man, a coward and a disgrace to the Philippines people and country.

    One does not take it out from innocent people who have not done one's wrong.
    always the Light, .... always.

  4. #4

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    This thread might be sensitive...coz i closed the previous thread as it got more and more sensitive to some member here....

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=750712&page=4

  5. #5
    Member yu jianzhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    check out youtube got some of the major networks at china created some simulation of the whole story
    Only Good thing about CS Worth Watching is Kopitiam And B&S Section ... , no offence

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Not sure if Philippines has law governing the use of their flag as I have read the Philippines government has officially responded that they cannot doing anything about it.
    Philippines Govt told the family to remove the flag and the family also followed the instruction to do so

    http://hk.dv.nextmedia.com/template/...4392362&page=2

  7. #7

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    I detest that mad man's action, if he got sacked and unhappy find the one who fired him, not the HK tourist mah! tsk. Spoilt Philippine's image liao loh.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    China has expressed anger that a Philippines flag covered the coffin of the hostage taker in Manila responsible for the deaths of eight tourists from Hong Kong.
    btw, they're still trying to decide whether the hostages are killed by ammo from the gunman or the.. err.. police rite?

  9. #9

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    btw, they're still trying to decide whether the hostages are killed by ammo from the gunman or the.. err.. police rite?
    and the worst part is....

    extract from
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...077774/1/.html

    Critics have cast doubt on whether Manila's probe would be impartial.
    "None of the survivors has been asked to give an account of the event. The investigation report is bound to be one-sided and unconvincing," lawmaker Cheung Man-kwong told AFP on Friday.

  10. #10

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Fave78 View Post
    and the worst part is....

    extract from
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...077774/1/.html

    Critics have cast doubt on whether Manila's probe would be impartial.
    "None of the survivors has been asked to give an account of the event. The investigation report is bound to be one-sided and unconvincing," lawmaker Cheung Man-kwong told AFP on Friday.
    If the survivors side of the story were not taken into account, the clarity and depth of the investigation would probably be based on speculation. Read that the investigators will provide their findings in a matter of weeks. We'll see how impartial will the probe be. One thing is for sure, HK and Beijing will not let this off easily.

  11. #11

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by whatjerom View Post
    I detest that mad man's action, if he got sacked and unhappy find the one who fired him, not the HK tourist mah! tsk. Spoilt Philippine's image liao loh.
    he is not a man!

    he got no guts!

  12. #12

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Fave78 View Post
    and the worst part is....

    extract from
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...077774/1/.html

    Critics have cast doubt on whether Manila's probe would be impartial.
    "None of the survivors has been asked to give an account of the event. The investigation report is bound to be one-sided and unconvincing," lawmaker Cheung Man-kwong told AFP on Friday.
    After all the unprecedented achievements of stupidity in the last few weeks, did you honestly expect they'd do anything different to surprise the World?

    If I were the HK Gov, I'd just close the case and move on to spare my citizens any disrespect through their neanderthal-level responses that will insult anyone's intelligence. Live and let live.

  13. #13
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjAxNDYyMzU2.html

    hmmm...tour guide shot in the head in the ambulance?
    eat. drink. shoot

  14. #14

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    After all the unprecedented achievements of stupidity in the last few weeks, did you honestly expect they'd do anything different to surprise the World?

    If I were the HK Gov, I'd just close the case and move on to spare my citizens any disrespect through their neanderthal-level responses that will insult anyone's intelligence. Live and let live.
    It would be good for your image (so as not to appear like a "simple-minded" person posting irresponsible comments) if you could clarify "to spare my citizens any disrespect through their neanderthal-level responses".

    What has the HK gov done so far to have caused disrespect to their citizens or
    the Chinese people?
    What types of responses has the HK gov offered so far that has you concluded that they are "neanderthal-level responses"?

    Bro, "Live and let live" is a motto for the majority of people (including me), people whom I conclude as normal beings who are unable or not willing "to move heaven and earth". For some people, I salute them as they are the people who WANT and CAN "move heaven and earth" to change the views/actions/causes/ etc of others.

    Of course, for small matters in our daily life, live and let live should be the way to go. But cold-blooded murders of one's bros and sisters, how can we live and let live?
    always the Light, .... always.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    Suspect that the "their" in "their neanderthal-level responses" is referring to the other govt.. not HK..

  16. #16

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjAxNDYyMzU2.html

    hmmm...tour guide shot in the head in the ambulance?


    Blood Boil after looking through the whole video ...

  17. #17

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjAxNDYyMzU2.html

    hmmm...tour guide shot in the head in the ambulance?
    Photographing the open casket, missing valuables, tour guide mystery...
    The investigation will need to explain and look into all the multiple screw-ups; if not, there will be no end to this.

  18. #18

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Suspect that the "their" in "their neanderthal-level responses" is referring to the other govt.. not HK..
    even if bro is referring to the other gov, I think no one should even wish that the HK or China should just "live and let live". So many innocent lives were taken, and a lot of people should answer for the losses. The President and co. MUST answer its people as well as the people of HK and China.
    always the Light, .... always.

  19. #19

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    even if bro is referring to the other gov, I think no one should even wish that the HK or China should just "live and let live". So many innocent lives were taken, and a lot of people should answer for the losses. The President and co. MUST answer its people as well as the people of HK and China.

    agreed! touch wood..if this happen to a bus full of local singapore, i duno hw's our local media,govt. etc going to react, touch wood again!

    more high res pic
    http://news.ifeng.com/photo/bigpictu...353396_0.shtml






  20. #20

    Default Re: China Angry At Hostage-Taker's Funeral

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Suspect that the "their" in "their neanderthal-level responses" is referring to the other govt.. not HK..
    Thank you.

    Bro Canonised, I feel your pain and anger. However, with all the corruption and incompetencies that are rife in the Philippines, I would be very much surprised if they did the right thing. Their first priority would be to CYA (cover your a***ss). Which is why I mentioned that the Phi Gov responses will only further anger and insult the Hk ppl.

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •