Thread: what is a good, accurate and cheap light meter?

Default what is a good, accurate and cheap light meter?

as above.. with spot metering and such.
    and does this measure incident light? or it's another kind of light meter altogether?

Hi behyx,

You can take a look at the available Sekonic light meter models here. Models that come with spot meter are normally the high end ones and do not come cheap (about 500-600+). For mid range ones that are reasonably priced (around 300+), you can consider the Sekonic L-308BII , or the Polaris SPD-100.

Hope that helps.

If I am not mistaken, any hand held light meters with spot metering is not going to be cheap. It should be in the region of above $500+.

Most lightmeters if not all takes incident light reading. A basic light meter that can measure incident and reflecting light cost around $100-$300+.

You can try Minolta or Sekonic meters if you want spot metering.

A cheap light meter is the Polaris 2. IIRC, it comes with a 10/18 degree spot attachment. Check out with Ruby on it's price, should be below $300. I won't vouch for its accuracy though and breakdown tendency is high.

A good and accurate light meter is not cheap IMHO. You can consider the Sekonic L308 or the Minolta Flashmeter Vf. I think CP is selling it at $530.

wow thanks guys for your inputs.. will look into the price issue, it's indeed not cheap to own a good one, especially with spot metering.