Thread: Look into my eyes

Default Look into my eyes

1.in what area is critique to be sought?
    I would like to have feedback on how this picture was framed. Is the framing too tight? and is the lighting alright or should i pp it in anyway?

I took this picture this way as i wanted to show my dog's strict/serious look.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    The objective of this image is to bring out how it would look like to look at a dog in the eyes and stare at it. At the same time, i also aim to leave viewers with an impression of the dog.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    This picture was taken from a wider angle but i cropped it to just show the face of the dog. I took this picture as i felt that i felt that looking at a dog from this perspective is something unique.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    I find this picture rather interesting but the lighting was not very desirable and could be improved on, do you agree with this?

Thanks for viewing and your comments are dearly appreciated!

Link to photo on flickr
    Canon 550D|15-85|100L|430EX II|Flickr

Blog Entries

Default Re: Look into my eyes

thats either an angry looking dog or a dog with a hangover or both kekeke

i think you did well to translate that emotion across in the image and cut out all other distracting elements.... the only little thing that is causing an irritating itch is that little white strip on the far right edge (top down for a couple of cm.) while you left a little more room to breathe on the left side (which is ok- the left side imho)
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Default Re: Look into my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    thats either an angry looking dog or a dog with a hangover or both kekeke

i think you did well to translate that emotion across in the image and cut out all other distracting elements.... the only little thing that is causing an irritating itch is that little white strip on the far right edge (top down for a couple of cm.) while you left a little more room to breathe on the left side (which is ok- the left side imho)
    Thanks! about the left and right thing, i only noticed it after i took the photo and it kinda worried me abit..
    Canon 550D|15-85|100L|430EX II|Flickr