Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some photography questions that I was asked but I don't know how to answer them.

Default Re: Some photography questions that I was asked but I don't know how to answer them.

Shoot with others, start to get that 'hmm, they waiting for me, I better hurry through this shot' etc type thinking. So yeah, shoot alone better. Sometimes my wife sits off somewhere else, watch the event etc while I go walkabout to shoot. Even then, is constricted by the 'hmmm, my wife waiting there very long liaoz, cannot dally too long here' thinking, which, sometimes, isn't very healthy for shooting.....

Default Re: Some photography questions that I was asked but I don't know how to answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I disagree.

I shoot my best landscape pictures when i am alone. When i am alone I can focus much better and usually see better and shoot better.

I rather shoot alone sometimes.
    it depends on the company

like-minded people who leave each other alone during the shooting process, and have distinctively different styles can shoot together. is like shooting alone at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    it depends on the company

like-minded people who leave each other alone during the shooting process, and have distinctively different styles can shoot together. is like shooting alone at the same time.
    and can go for kopi after shooting

very strange questions.

totally pointless..get yr education here better

Lol all quite easy leh. Just google a bit
    instagram: @2ndhandphotog

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magicianhisoka View Post
    Lol all quite easy leh. Just google a bit
    ya.. but knowing all the questions does not define the person as a good photographer or not.

If you bring the questions back to the time of Ansel Adams and ask him the questions, he wouldn't know most of them. Does that make him a bad photographer?

Those questions are ridiculous. Bunch of elitist fanboys...

a talented race car driver doesn't need to know all the technical terms and explanations of the engine...

same theory more or less...
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    for question 5, the effect might be achieved with expired film, lomo camera and some form of xpro. doesn't necessarily mean pp was done.

which school are you from? i would love to express my views on such a measure in the form of a letter to the school. if they wish to encourage the right direction of photography, this is not the way to go.
    ah. mind if i say a word or 2 here?

most photography clubs in sch are mainly service clubs. they focus heavily on event coverage and technicalities and help sch cover events. at least for mine its like that, perhaps thats why there is a need to make sure they know technicalities first.

thats why i found the qns either mostly basic, or quite related to event photography in a sense.

i agree on ur side that it shld be interest development. yet most schs just dun do it that way, even if the policy maker(aka cca teacher+cca president) tries its best to allow more exposure. not easy for them too. juggling what the school needs and what teh students want is not easy.

to be honest, schools pressure the ppl to do what they want. its quite scary.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 2nd September 2010 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Why are all the questions Canon-centric? If you're a Nikon/Sony/Olympus/Pentax user you'd be lost.

This shows how idiotic the club truly is.
    Yah, this seems really weird. I thought maybe they would at least ask what brand you shoot, then give you a 'test' based on if you shoot Canon/Nikon/Etc, however the original thread poster shoots Nikon, yet gave her a test with Canon questions.
    Canon 5D mkii & 40D - 24-70 2.8 L - 50 1.8 II - 70-200 2.8 IS L - 580i & 580ii

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123