Thread: Flash for Olympus C-5060

Question Flash for Olympus C-5060

Hi,
    May I know what is the cheapest possible and yet reliable 3rd party external flash for the above mentioned camera? I surf through Sigma and Sunpac home page and cant see anything for Olympus...

Many thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondoo
    Hi,
    May I know what is the cheapest possible and yet reliable 3rd party external flash for the above mentioned camera? I surf through Sigma and Sunpac home page and cant see anything for Olympus...

Many thanks in advance.
    Try the Metz 44 MZ2 with adaptor (SCA 3020) for Olympus. The flash with adaptor cost about $400 plus which is much cheaper than the FL50 at about $600 plus. The good thing about Metz flashes is that if you change camera, your Metz flash can remain. Just buy another adaptor for whichever camera u are using. U can't go wrong with Metz flashes which are widely used by professional photographers worldwide.
    Last edited by redstorm; 21st May 2004 at 07:45 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    Try the Metz 44 MZ2 an adaptor for Olympus (SCA 3020). The flash with adaptor cost about $400 plus which is much cheaper than the FL50 at about $600 plus. The good thing about Metz flashes is that if you change camera, your Metz flash can remain. Just buy another adaptor for whichever camera u are using. U can't go wrong with Metz flashes which are widely used by professional photographers worldwide.
    Hi,
    Thanks for the info, im really looking at something alot cheaper than this. Any chance I could have one below $200?

Hi,
    Thanks for the info, im really looking at something alot cheaper than this. Any chance I could have one below $200?
    If u r looking for a new one, I don't think u can get anything below $200. Even if u are able to, probably the flash will not be able to give you the full functions that you will find on the Olympus FL50 of Metz 44 MZ2. Maybe, u could get a secondhand one. First, identify which particular flash that fits your cam and look for anyone selling it in this or other forums. Good luck.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    If u r looking for a new one, I don't think u can get anything below $200. Even if u are able to, probably the flash will not be able to give you the full functions that you will find on the Olympus FL50 of Metz 44 MZ2. Maybe, u could get a secondhand one. First, identify which particular flash that fits your cam and look for anyone selling it in this or other forums. Good luck.
    Thats one big thing I hate about Oly cameras.... seems they had made everything (besides batteries, tripods) so third party unfriendly.... Thanks for the many info. Will check it out soon...

Default IS FL-20 too weak for you?

Thats one big thing I hate about Oly cameras.... seems they had made everything (besides batteries, tripods) so third party unfriendly.... Thanks for the many info. Will check it out soon...
    If you want a small and usable flash you can't go wrong with the OLY FL-20. Its not full-fledged as the FL-50 but it will do the job for most indoor photography (GN20) and will be within your budget.

Default Re: Flash for C5060WZ

Hi,

I'm using a METZ 32Mz - 3 + Sca adapter for Oly...

bought 2nd hand from fellow CSnapper.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...highlight=metz

for $280.

I heard there was an MO for this last year...so, some others may want to let go as well...

cheers and all the best!

i am also looking for cheap yet good flash for my C5050....

I am using the flash to light up my pictures as the internal flash is blockEd by the stupid lens.....