Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Future MRT/LRT Map

Default Re: Future MRT/LRT Map

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatLenses View Post
    hahaha... seems like it true.. the station is near the bukit timah road entrance instead of the more famous entrance which is at cluny road (tanglin)... i just read it on wiki.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botanic...ns_MRT_Station

also, seems like Thomson station they renamed it to Caldecott... maybe Mediacorp will be a better name? hahahaha...
    yes tas right! however, it is pretty exciting though.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

how come got Sang Nila Utama, Parameswara, Raffles (Place), Mountbatten, Aljunied, Boon Keng, etc., but don't have Farquhar Station...

I am more worried about the population density needed to sustain the network. SMRT wont be doing this for free- we all know they are a profit driven company. It looks like 5X the current operating costs in terms of maintenance and labour. Although I do like the idea- easy transport means less cars on the road? Freeing lanes for bike commutes or park areas?

Blog Entries

u know. after pm speech just now, i suddenly see some similiarites between the one posted here and the one he showed on tv.

hmm prepare to get lost!

Blog Entries

there is a Coney (Coney Island) station and a couple of others where they are known sandbars right in the sea ............ this is fake ha ha ha
    Last edited by ed9119; 29th August 2010 at 11:33 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    there is a Coney (Coney Island) station and a couple of others where they are known sandbars right in the sea ............ this is fake ha ha ha
    i doubt the johor mrt lines...

but the coney island station, i can believe it might be in the planning.

it isn't far from punggol beach and if that island is opened up by the government for leisure use by singaporeans, then it might be another interesting place to visit for picnic n such.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Yeah, that area already fence up becoz my fishing kaki say cannot go there fish anymore.

Some construction work going on there (not for MRT) though, seems like some sort of land reclamation works.

I feel dizzy after looking at it

Maybe the map planning for another 10 to 20 years ahead

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Maybe the map planning for another 10 to 20 years ahead
    By then, I might be already retired. I can see a network going to Jurong Island, Seraya & Sakra Stn, which is near my work area. And I'm not yet 40 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyW View Post
    Although I do like the idea- easy transport means less cars on the road? Freeing lanes for bike commutes or park areas?
    hard to say.. many years ago before there was the NE line, there were less cars on the road. now, with NE line, seems like there are more cars around. despite singapore having a good public transport network, as the population grows more ppl still want to buy cars.. too much money liao..

Quote Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
    hard to say.. many years ago before there was the NE line, there were less cars on the road. now, with NE line, seems like there are more cars around. despite singapore having a good public transport network, as the population grows more ppl still want to buy cars.. too much money liao..
    this is how they make $ mah, economy down turn, no problem, increase the tax payer, ecnomy down 10%, increase population by 30%, they still make 20% growth.. wow.. so smart..
    lol.. then they tell you $ not enough.. but every yr they get 6 months bonus and 10% profit grow.. dunno they stupid dunno do math or we stupid keep belive them....
    flickr
    ... I'm not a photographer yet.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123