Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 993

Thread: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

  1. #161
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Anyone interested to go Jurong Bird Park?

  2. #162

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    My YN560(Same size as 580EXII) fits so yours should fit too
    hmm.. i need to try first.. wad's ur offer? I might consider
    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Anyone interested to go Jurong Bird Park?
    wah.. i dun haf long tele lens.. =(
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  3. #163

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Anyone interested to go Jurong Bird Park?
    I'm going in Oct. Have 4 tics, but i already jio 3 other birding kakis liao.

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    wah.. i dun haf long tele lens.. =(
    Cleonbus will say lens can rent. He rented the own system with lens for $52 for one of his SBWR outing before

  4. #164

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by toshio217 View Post
    I'm going in Oct. Have 4 tics, but i already jio 3 other birding kakis liao.


    Cleonbus will say lens can rent. He rented the own system with lens for $52 for one of his SBWR outing before
    he buy his own already. lolx.. and beside 300mm confirm not enough after I went SBWR ones recently. it takes more than 800mm to do it which I dun think renting is available..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  5. #165
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    hmm.. i need to try first.. wad's ur offer? I might consider


    wah.. i dun haf long tele lens.. =(
    $5.IIRC our moderator ortega went JBP once and shot with a Canon 100mm f2.8 macro,so your kit should be enough...

  6. #166
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    he buy his own already. lolx.. and beside 300mm confirm not enough after I went SBWR ones recently. it takes more than 800mm to do it which I dun think renting is available..
    If cannot rent,then BUY lor

  7. #167

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    If cannot rent,then BUY lor
    no budget to buy liao..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  8. #168

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    I feel that everyone should think twice about going "into" Birding. Cos most of the time you will be with lenses like . . .

    - 150-500mm
    - 300mm prime
    - or the 70-200

    So, problem is, are you ready for birding ? have you asked yourself whether after you spent 10-20k in 600 prime lenses, would you go birding every weekend ? would you just put down other things like street and landscapes and go birding ?

    Here's the question, ask yourself.

    Else, in my humble opinion, I feel that maximizing our gear is the most important. However, my post do not meant to offend any birding enthusiast(s) or the wildlife nature enthusiast(s).

    Also, do you ever asked yourself, is there a need to spend so much since you are not doing it for business ? Where-by, after you spent tons of money in gears, would you be able to take back the money by doing photography business ? If you don't, then I guess, let's say you spent $10k on equipment, would you be able to take back ?. This is somehow like car enthusiast(s) who spent 50-70k on modifications on his/her car. Would he/she take back the cost of modifications after side betting with other he/she on the track ?

    Is it because of yourself or due to peer pressure ?

    This is a very good question. Somehow, when you buy things, in another form of saying, B.B.B, is it for yourself or for your friends ? Here's a saying goes, one man's meat is another man's poison. Do you need things that you do not use often where-by other people buy to use often instead ? Or is it that by buying newer accessories and lenses, would make you stay "popular" among your friends ? I agree to an extent. But, again, what photography is for ? Buying new lenses and accessories to keep "updated" with your peers ? Is this the most important thing in photography ?

    Would you learn to an extent when joining outings ?
    Before joining an outing, have you ever asked yourself, what do you want to learn at the end of the outing ? Is it just TCSS, in another form, chatting away with the people ? Or joining a outing would make you feel safe when shooting ? Else I guess without "objective" and "willingness" to learn, you are just wasting time. Or is it that you wanna ( let me be straight foward ), "show off" new accessories and lenses among your group ?

    Bottom line is that in my humble opinion, it's the "Willingness to Learn and ability to take in Critique and Criticism and the mindset to buy what you need and not to gain popularity by buying among your peers."
    Think fast, aim for the best !

  9. #169
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    I feel that everyone should think twice about going "into" Birding. Cos most of the time you will be with lenses like . . .

    - 150-500mm
    - 300mm prime
    - or the 70-200
    AFAIK,more people will usually get a 400mm or 600mm...

  10. #170

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    wahoo.. long story.. i do agree on what you mentioned. Like i told others before, this hobby is an expensive hobby.
    Its not possible for everybody to be so interested in everything and time is precious. So ones you found what you are really interested in then can go all the way. I prefer landscape, street and portraits include flash photography.

    I'm not so into shooting birds all these and even macro at the moment even though as much as i like the photos taken by people. The equipment I mention before are mostly into landscape, street and portraits only.. If wan is i rather rent then buy cause i know i wun be really shooting long range.. ^^
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  11. #171

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    So far I see cheapest is street photography. I used to shoot films on street before getting my dslr. Well is there a "street" lens ? Haha I guess different people have different perspective and point of view into streets. However I do prefer to shoot streets with fixed focal length lens.

    For landscape wise, at the most it's the Ultra Wide Angle lenses, cost around 1k for one ? However through the progressing into landscape photography, you might tend to purchase more and more accessories like ND filters, so on and so forth.
    However Singapore is relative small and most probably after 2-3 years of shooting, you might tend to get bored after shooting and shooting the same place over and over again.
    That's why I prefered not to spend so much on landscape equipments. Unless I study or work in places like Austrialia, US, etc. Then I will spend more.

    Portraits is also realatively cheap and affordable.
    Prime lenses like 35f2, 50f1.8, 85f1.8 aren't that expensive compared to other types of photography. However the flash equipments might tend to carry you away by buying and buying flash equipments, like diffusers softbox etc, so on and so forth.
    Think fast, aim for the best !

  12. #172

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    So far I see cheapest is street photography. I used to shoot films on street before getting my dslr. Well is there a "street" lens ? Haha I guess different people have different perspective and point of view into streets. However I do prefer to shoot streets with fixed focal length lens.

    For landscape wise, at the most it's the Ultra Wide Angle lenses, cost around 1k for one ? However through the progressing into landscape photography, you might tend to purchase more and more accessories like ND filters, so on and so forth.
    However Singapore is relative small and most probably after 2-3 years of shooting, you might tend to get bored after shooting and shooting the same place over and over again.
    That's why I prefered not to spend so much on landscape equipments. Unless I study or work in places like Austrialia, US, etc. Then I will spend more.

    Portraits is also realatively cheap and affordable.
    Prime lenses like 35f2, 50f1.8, 85f1.8 aren't that expensive compared to other types of photography. However the flash equipments might tend to carry you away by buying and buying flash equipments, like diffusers softbox etc, so on and so forth.
    To me landscape just need one UWA lens.. the filter not necessary need to get all of them in the market. Cheap enough for basic usage and the rest just PP it after all PP can do what filter has been doing..

    As for Portraits.. I think prime lens and the rest of the flash photography items actually can be made from wad we have already. Softbox is more or less using white cloth to diffuse away the strong light. White light bulb is easy to find anyway.. its juz a matter of DIY it. Of course if you DIY it there might be some problem bring it around.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  13. #173

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    How come a simple question from Cleonbus asking if anyone interested in going JBP ends up with long story on Birding?
    But i agree that going into Birds / wildlife photography is really expensive if you want to get those 500mm and above lens.
    Then you need also steady tripod to support the heavier lens.

    But i just make do with my 55-300mm for the moment, with a 1.5x TC. Total cost of the lens + TC <$1k

  14. #174
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by toshio217 View Post
    How come a simple question from Cleonbus asking if anyone interested in going JBP ends up with long story on Birding?
    But i agree that going into Birds / wildlife photography is really expensive if you want to get those 500mm and above lens.
    Then you need also steady tripod to support the heavier lens.

    But i just make do with my 55-300mm for the moment, with a 1.5x TC. Total cost of the lens + TC <$1k
    Cos our dear OB too much stress from exams,so must bla out all his theory on nature photography

  15. #175
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Good morning everyone

    Unfortunately it didn't rain today

  16. #176

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Good morning everyone

    Unfortunately it didn't rain today
    why you wan today to rain?
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  17. #177
    Member axis90x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    i went MIA sia HAHA!
    Moments

  18. #178

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Good afternnoon,

    Anyone go shooting today?? I only know skylover went for sunrise. That list is FULL or else will like to join in also.

    Skylover have u manage to test on the 11-16 lens??
    A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.

  19. #179

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by winkoo88 View Post
    Good afternnoon,

    Anyone go shooting today?? I only know skylover went for sunrise. That list is FULL or else will like to join in also.

    Skylover have u manage to test on the 11-16 lens??
    nope no chance.. DD123 come show face den go liao.. even if he wan also cannot..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  20. #180

    Default Re: Beginner shooters TCSS thread(Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    nope no chance.. DD123 come show face den go liao.. even if he wan also cannot..
    OK i see. Funan selling 943... Good Buy??
    A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •