Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Tianya filters set

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    sINgaPoRe
    Posts
    461

    Default Tianya filters set

    I'm looking for a Gnd filter for my EF 16-35L.
    Is the Tianya Filter Sets ok for basis usage?
    1st time using filter sets pl help

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    Quote Originally Posted by CompactRod View Post
    I'm looking for a Gnd filter for my EF 16-35L.
    Is the Tianya Filter Sets ok for basis usage?
    1st time using filter sets pl help
    Ah i think i read from other threads on filters that Tianya is ok for entry level use, but you cannot expect much from it and will suffer from color cast that will take some time to remove in PP.

    If you dont have budget contrains , why not consider getting Hitech filters and their holders ? If you are very concerned abt viginetting , then you might want to get the UWA holder frenly Lee Filters adapter + holder and get Hitech filters.
    Alpha and Omega

  3. #3

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    tianya is what i use, you can look at my singapore sunsets gallery in pbase, 80-90% of those pictures use tianya gnd.

    please don't buy all the coloured one, just the graduated grey (or neutral) will do.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    sINgaPoRe
    Posts
    461

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    will the tianya cause vignetting on 5dmk2 with 16-35L? Also the adaptor ring is the same as the filter size of the lens use?
    will note to only buy the necessary filters. thanks to all

  5. #5
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    tianya is what i use, you can look at my singapore sunsets gallery in pbase, 80-90% of those pictures use tianya gnd.

    please don't buy all the coloured one, just the graduated grey (or neutral) will do.
    but i assume ur main nd use is still ur b+w?

  6. #6
    Member sprewell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Serangoon Central
    Posts
    1,723

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    haha. i remember i was wiping my warm filters with some expensive cloth.. and my cloth turn orange from the filters.
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    but i assume ur main nd use is still ur b+w?
    ts is asking about gnd.

    i only have one nd filter and one gnd filter.

    b+w nd110 and tianya gnd.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    sINgaPoRe
    Posts
    461

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ts is asking about gnd.

    i only have one nd filter and one gnd filter.

    b+w nd110 and tianya gnd.
    thanks night86mare.
    Was at TK photo and they told me to take the cokin wide adaptor for 82mm to prevent vignetting. Include the adapter and hitech filter it's going to cost alot.
    Should I go for this setup or go tiaya way?

  9. #9
    Senior Member SilverPine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,539

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    I am using Tianya GND filters in most of my Landscape posting in CS with the 20-35mm f/2.8 L lens. It is o.k. to me so far.

    .
    Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

  10. #10
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    Quote Originally Posted by CompactRod View Post
    thanks night86mare.
    Was at TK photo and they told me to take the cokin wide adaptor for 82mm to prevent vignetting. Include the adapter and hitech filter it's going to cost alot.
    Should I go for this setup or go tiaya way?
    for 16-35, please get the wide angle holder. Don't need hitech filter, unless you can justify it. Tian Ya's piece of glass/plastic is only <$15. Don't save on the tianya holder, too plasticky.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    sINgaPoRe
    Posts
    461

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    for 16-35, please get the wide angle holder. Don't need hitech filter, unless you can justify it. Tian Ya's piece of glass/plastic is only <$15. Don't save on the tianya holder, too plasticky.
    Ok, will get the cokin wide angle filter.
    for tianya filters which ND is more useable, ND4 or ND8

  12. #12
    Senior Member SK1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Changi
    Posts
    2,643

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    Quote Originally Posted by CompactRod View Post
    Ok, will get the cokin wide angle filter.
    for tianya filters which ND is more useable, ND4 or ND8
    ND or GND ? Tianya's has only 1 type of Grey GND if I am not wrong...at least that's what I only have

  13. #13

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    Quote Originally Posted by CompactRod View Post
    Ok, will get the cokin wide angle filter.
    for tianya filters which ND is more useable, ND4 or ND8
    all are useful, but i suspect the nd8 will be in play more often.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    i get vignetting from below 21mm (35mm equivalent). is tht normal? i'm using the tianya wide angle holder

  15. #15

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    i get vignetting from below 21mm (35mm equivalent). is tht normal? i'm using the tianya wide angle holder
    and what lens are you using? it also depends on the lens.

    if you stop down, it should help.

    if you are talking about having the holder visible in your VF , that is serious, and should not be the case.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    and what lens are you using? it also depends on the lens.

    if you stop down, it should help.

    if you are talking about having the holder visible in your VF , that is serious, and should not be the case.
    tokina 12-24

    stop down as it use a higher aperture number? i remember i was using ard f13 or f16 like tht liao

    nope, nvr see in the VF, only the pics

  17. #17

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    so it is just corner darkening?

    that is normal then.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    so it is just corner darkening?

    that is normal then.
    so just have to make sure i don't go below 21mm (35mm equivalent) is it?

    was thinking got any solutions to this or not cause i love to go as wide as possible
    Last edited by ahming111; 7th September 2010 at 10:44 AM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    so it is just corner darkening?

    that is normal then.

    quite normal when shooting with UWA, even normal when I shoot full wide at 17mm on my tamron 17-50

  20. #20

    Default Re: Tianya filters set

    i don't see a problem with having vignetting, it can always be removed in post.

    if you buy a uwa to use it above 21mm, it is such a waste.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •