Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Which camera bag to choose?

  1. #1

    Default Which camera bag to choose?

    Hi, I'm going to oversea backpack trip soon. The camera bag should allow me to store the items below:

    1. Nikon D90
    2. Nikkor 18-105mm kit lens
    3. Nikkor 50mm F1.8 lens
    4. 2 filters
    5. 1 extra batter
    6. 2 extra memory cards

    What I'm thinking now is that it's not possible to buy a backpack type camera bag as I need to carry another backpack for my shirts, pants and other accessories for my trip. The only option is a shoulder type camera bag.
    What do you think? Any better idea and good camera bag to recommend? Thanks!
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

  2. #2
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which camera bag to choose?

    I think camera bags are very personal. it is best to go try them out.

    You might want want to consider a hiking backpack like the ones from Clik. Lots of configurations:
    http://www.clikelite.com/shopp/

    Awesome bags, just a little on the expensive side.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Which camera bag to choose?

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    Hi, I'm going to oversea backpack trip soon. The camera bag should allow me to store the items below:

    1. Nikon D90
    2. Nikkor 18-105mm kit lens
    3. Nikkor 50mm F1.8 lens
    4. 2 filters
    5. 1 extra batter
    6. 2 extra memory cards

    What I'm thinking now is that it's not possible to buy a backpack type camera bag as I need to carry another backpack for my shirts, pants and other accessories for my trip. The only option is a shoulder type camera bag.
    What do you think? Any better idea and good camera bag to recommend? Thanks!
    try kata bag?
    http://www.kata-bags.com/kata.asp?Version=Photo
    Nikon D90/AF-S 18-105mm VR/AF50mm 1.8D/MB D80 Grip/GC584/Vitacon W.A. M. Converter.

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Which camera bag to choose?

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    Hi, I'm going to oversea backpack trip soon. The camera bag should allow me to store the items below:

    1. Nikon D90
    2. Nikkor 18-105mm kit lens
    3. Nikkor 50mm F1.8 lens
    4. 2 filters
    5. 1 extra batter
    6. 2 extra memory cards

    What I'm thinking now is that it's not possible to buy a backpack type camera bag as I need to carry another backpack for my shirts, pants and other accessories for my trip. The only option is a shoulder type camera bag.
    What do you think? Any better idea and good camera bag to recommend? Thanks!
    How about those with dual compartments?Top for personal items and bottom for camera equipment.The Lowepro Versapack or Fastpack might fit your requirements

  5. #5
    Member nuracosho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Zion Road
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Which camera bag to choose?

    if ur walking ard wif a backpack i tink a beltbag is more suitable for u

  6. #6

    Default Re: Which camera bag to choose?

    Your gears are not really alot, perhaps you might not want to get a dedicated backpack.

  7. #7
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Which camera bag to choose?

    Bags, like underwear, is a personal choice, afterall, it is meant to protect your jewels, I mean your camera.

    As such, try using Google for "camera bag". here
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  8. #8
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Which camera bag to choose?

    Quote Originally Posted by glennaguilar View Post
    since its a backpack trip, the thing is, stick to one bag instead of two bags (one for camera and one for clothings + belongings).

    So far after doing extensive research, only ClikElite bags gives you two in one.

    I know there is also similar bags (clothings + cameras) but hard to get locally, need to order from overseas.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,507

    Default Re: Which camera bag to choose?

    check out lowepro outback 100/200/300. Looks like the outback 100 will be enough for your use.

    Its a belt pack, with an option to use a sling like a sling bag. =)

  10. #10
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,493

    Default Re: Which camera bag to choose?

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Bags, like underwear, is a personal choice, afterall, it is meant to protect your jewels, I mean your camera.
    [/URL]
    haha... LOL~!!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  11. #11
    Member D-Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    351

    Default Re: Which camera bag to choose?

    Kata Bag
    with dual compartment
    1 for camera and 1 for personal =)

  12. #12

    Default Re: Which camera bag to choose?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I think camera bags are very personal. it is best to go try them out.

    You might want want to consider a hiking backpack like the ones from Clik. Lots of configurations:
    http://www.clikelite.com/shopp/

    Awesome bags, just a little on the expensive side.
    Available locally?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Which camera bag to choose?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpc View Post
    Available locally?
    Yes its available in SG.

    Manda Photo Services
    3 Coleman Street
    #04-11 Peninsula Shopping Centre
    Singapore 179804
    Tel: (65) 9661 5451
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  14. #14
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Which camera bag to choose?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpc View Post
    Available locally?
    yup. Manda is the official local distributor.

    i got my large hiker from them... but now underused, so decided to sell off to fund another bag. anyone keen to get from me can pm me i only used once!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •