Thread: Nikon D60 or D3000???

Default Nikon D60 or D3000???

Hi planning to get either Nikon D60 or D3000, have check out both specs and can't really spot the diff. So if u happen to know something diff between this two models, dun mind share it with me . Thanks..

Default Re: Nikon D60 or D3000???

I would suggest that you wait for the D3100 which is to be released some time in September

http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem....379-926225e57b

Hi there, thanks for the reply. May I know the est price? Cause I'm a newbie so dun actually intend to spend too much for my first trial camera.

I wouldn't know the price but it will go for less than the recommended retail price once it is listed on the nikon website.

Usually places like Courts, Harvey Norman and Challenger will sell at the recommended retail price.... however... it would be cheaper to purchase from the established camera shops such as the following at Funan:

TK Photo, Alan Photo, John 3:16, SLR Revolution... etc

Do a bit of search on clubsnap

oh okie , thanks for the info. But if have to choose between D60 and D3000 ? Which would u recommand?

i guess the d3000... it is meant to be the successor to replace the d60

11 AF points compared to 3... but i strongly really would recommend waiting out for the d3100...a lot a lot more features.. don't rush into things

OKie , thanks Kwanhan for your suggestions. But BUdGET is still my concern, how i wish that money is not an issue so i can go for full frame sensor. . .

Then if compare D3000 with 4/3 sensor cameras? which would u prefer ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Niahchen View Post
    Do note that the D3000 is using a sensor that is almost 2 generations behind the coming D3100 sensor.

D3000 sensor used in D200, D80, D40x, D60, D3000
    D5000 sensor used in D300/D300s, D90,Sony A500 and Pentax K-x
    D3100 sensor is the same one used in Sony A550 (I think).

I think it is very much worth the wait if you can.

If not I think you should consider the Pentax Kx. It uses the same sensor as the D5000/D90/D300s.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 27th August 2010 at 11:58 AM.

Blog Entries

4/3 sensor is good in smaller form factor camera bodies.

m4/3 mount is especially interesting with all the EVIL (Electronic Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens) cameras nowadays. Sure, many will say APS-C EVIL cameras are better in IQ due to the bigger sensor. But on m4/3, you get so many adapters for you to use legendary lenses rangefinder lenses.

For DSLR, 4/3 based camera bodies are coming soon. Olympus is expected to launch E-3 replacement soon. So you need to wait as well.

So it is up to you.

Since you are looking at D3000 and D60... I would also suggest that you wait for the official release of the D3100... not that you will buy it... but when D3100 came out, D3000's price is going to drop further, making it more attractive.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    But on m4/3, you get so many adapters for you to use legendary lenses rangefinder lenses.
    We can use them all on the NEX cameras too.
    Alpha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    We can use them all on the NEX cameras too.
    Are the adapters out already? waaaa. Hope someone makes a Contax G adapter. The one for m4/3 is already quite rare.

Actually before I bought my D90, I went to check and try those m4/3 cameras like GF1, G2, EP-2, NX10, NEX-5 etc. Initially I thought these cameras are awesome because they can provide DSLR-like image quality yet very small built in size for easy-carry. However, after a few trials, I was rather disappointed because they don't give a solid and ergonomic handling like DSLR, especially when you attach a kit lens to the camera body.
    Another point is they charge similar price like entry-mid ranged DSLRs which I personally think that not worth it. So in the end I go for Nikon D90 and now I never look back again
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

OKie , thanks Kwanhan for your suggestions. But BUdGET is still my concern, how i wish that money is not an issue so i can go for full frame sensor. . .
    and you want full frame sensor , because a lot of people tell you that it is the way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    and you want full frame sensor , because a lot of people tell you that it is the way to go?
    What is the advantage of full frame actually? Image looks sharper and nicer?
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    well there are definitely advantages of full frame, i'll be fair:

1) more detailed
    2) better DR
    3) better high iso performance
    4) ability to "better control" dof, that is subjective but is true to some extent

but there are also disadvantages - price is the primary one, along with the fact that as of today FF modern lenses cost significantly more than DX lenses.

as a hobbyist, what do i do with my pictures? i post them on the web. i print 8r largest. maybe a3 sometimes. maybe even larger. dx format is more than sufficient to meet my needs.

Sharper is a question of good lens and post-processing. Nicer is a question of personal taste and the eye of the beholder. Where does the sensor come in here?
    Google also helps:
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/full...-advantage.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full-frame_digital_SLR
    http://digital-photography-school.co...-right-for-you
    and many more.. just read. Google whatever terms are new to you. be honest to yourself: go for what you know and what you need. All 'nice to haves' usually cost a lot of money and end up being hardly used.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Are the adapters out already? waaaa. Hope someone makes a Contax G adapter. The one for m4/3 is already quite rare.
    Yes, have. We have many happy NEX/RF users. Look in the Sony section.

Like this:

(from silvergetz)

Alpha

if u love to use shallow DOF (to make awesome bokeh), then a full frame will be better.