Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

  1. #21

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    some people are just against the establishment, anything good or bad also they are against it. that's just shallow.

  2. #22
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by mrhobbit View Post
    You mentioned basic respect to not insult or threaten anyone. But you are already insulting people by saying they are whiners and mentally challenged. Please dont step on your right foot with your left foot. If you are so angry about these things, I suggest you do what you mentioned, send it to the Straits Times and tell them what exactly do you think of YOG nay-sayers and hope they publish it so they can shut the Nay-Sayers up.

    Please dont assume that people are complaining without reason. There is no smoke without fire, if you can only see smoke but cant see fire, its best if you try to look for it. As I mentioned before on many forums, I am just glad the YOGOC improved the standards and for that I am proud of their actions.


    Btw: In case you dont know, this guy is an RI,RJ boy. He is most probably NOT an idiot, just someone who is very angsty. Sad actually, such a talent.
    i'm just putting the same way that ur ri rj boy did to get my message across. now that u get my idea of why it IS rude. i'll stop with that tone.

    RI RJC does not mean that he is smarter. that is unfair to a lot of ppl. to put it to u frankly, i qualified for ri with my psle score of 271 but i'm not there. i dun think i'm any less smarter. just couldnt afford the fees and didnt wanna take government scholarship. its wrong to associate them being elites. i feel that u may be a bit biased there. judge the guy's words by its words and dun look at who is the author. thats the only way to be unbiased.



    smoke without fire doesnt apply to me. remember. i'm a yog volunteer. any fire i think i'll see first as compared to ppl who arent even in yog. whose words will u prefer to believe? i'm satisfied with the quality of yog's treatment to the volunteers. i'll list out to u so u can compare

    1: free transport, food. if ur out roaming, u are also provided with meal vouchers.
    2: free party at rws, to thank all volunteer's for their work.
    3: a amazing learning experience.

    and the list still goes on and on and on
    that guy is a whiner and that is a fact.
    * a person given to excessive complaints and crying and whining
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

    perhaps mentally challenged was a bad word to use there, and i apologise. lets say that the boy is... not mature enough.

    i'll say, complain with reason is fine. that rjc boy of urs doesnt have a reason. is he a volunteer? or is he in charge of yog. has he been a part of it?

    it is ridiculous to represent someone who doesnt feel anything is wrong (mainly most of us volunteers) and claim that the current situation is bad. i find it very wayang, and attention seeking.

    anyways, newpaper last thurs i believe? there was an article of many volunteers and atheletes who stood up and made their stand clear that yog was good and the nay-sayers are whiners.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 28th August 2010 at 01:26 PM.

  3. #23
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    err.... so you felt the urge to go and do some violence after reading the post?

    sigh.... or are you the kind of person who assume that other people are more naive and gullible than you...
    then are u assuming that i'm naive and gullible enough to assume that other ppl are more naive and gullible?

    i'll say, there is always the possibility of ppl doing anything. its easy to brainwash ppl. mob mentality is something very common in singapore. someone complains, everyone jumps on bus to complain too. i wont be surprised if anyone really does anything that crazy. just look around and u will understand what i mean abt the mob mentality.

  4. #24
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i'm just putting the same way that ur ri rj boy did to get my message across. now that u get my idea of why it IS rude. i'll stop with that tone.
    I like that.

  5. #25

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i'm just putting the same way that ur ri rj boy did to get my message across. now that u get my idea of why it IS rude. i'll stop with that tone.

    RI RJC does not mean that he is smarter. that is unfair to a lot of ppl. to put it to u frankly, i qualified for ri with my psle score of 271 but i'm not there. i dun think i'm any less smarter. just couldnt afford the fees and didnt wanna take government scholarship. its wrong to associate them being elites. i feel that u may be a bit biased there. judge the guy's words by its words and dun look at who is the author. thats the only way to be unbiased.



    smoke without fire doesnt apply to me. remember. i'm a yog volunteer. any fire i think i'll see first as compared to ppl who arent even in yog. whose words will u prefer to believe? i'm satisfied with the quality of yog's treatment to the volunteers. i'll list out to u so u can compare

    1: free transport, food. if ur out roaming, u are also provided with meal vouchers.
    2: free party at rws, to thank all volunteer's for their work.
    3: a amazing learning experience.

    and the list still goes on and on and on
    that guy is a whiner and that is a fact.
    * a person given to excessive complaints and crying and whining
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

    perhaps mentally challenged was a bad word to use there, and i apologise. lets say that the boy is... not mature enough.

    i'll say, complain with reason is fine. that rjc boy of urs doesnt have a reason. is he a volunteer? or is he in charge of yog. has he been a part of it?

    it is ridiculous to represent someone who doesnt feel anything is wrong (mainly most of us volunteers) and claim that the current situation is bad. i find it very wayang, and attention seeking.

    anyways, newpaper last thurs i believe? there was an article of many volunteers and atheletes who stood up and made their stand clear that yog was good and the nay-sayers are whiners.
    i like how you described the YOG experience, the perspective of someone actually involved in the YOG, as opposed to certain FB threads just focussing on the budget and food poisoning and all that. Seems to me they not trying to bring down one political party, more like they want to bring down the whole country.

  6. #26
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Stick to reading Mr Brown lah. But I prefer the old school Singapore National Education series lah...
    Mr. Brown suggested the use of quotation marks.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  7. #27

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by Muckafutha View Post
    i like how you described the YOG experience, the perspective of someone actually involved in the YOG, as opposed to certain FB threads just focussing on the budget and food poisoning and all that. Seems to me they not trying to bring down one political party, more like they want to bring down the whole country.
    Whoever they are, bringing down the country or even with the intent amounts to TREASON. Serious consequences.

  8. #28

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Yes that may be true. Strategic use and understanding the command of the English language can go a long way that may even save your own "butt" from being smacked.
    Last edited by snowspeeder; 28th August 2010 at 05:47 PM.

  9. #29

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    i'm just putting the same way that ur ri rj boy did to get my message across. now that u get my idea of why it IS rude. i'll stop with that tone.

    RI RJC does not mean that he is smarter. that is unfair to a lot of ppl. to put it to u frankly, i qualified for ri with my psle score of 271 but i'm not there. i dun think i'm any less smarter. just couldnt afford the fees and didnt wanna take government scholarship. its wrong to associate them being elites. i feel that u may be a bit biased there. judge the guy's words by its words and dun look at who is the author. thats the only way to be unbiased.



    smoke without fire doesnt apply to me. remember. i'm a yog volunteer. any fire i think i'll see first as compared to ppl who arent even in yog. whose words will u prefer to believe? i'm satisfied with the quality of yog's treatment to the volunteers. i'll list out to u so u can compare

    1: free transport, food. if ur out roaming, u are also provided with meal vouchers.
    2: free party at rws, to thank all volunteer's for their work.
    3: a amazing learning experience.

    and the list still goes on and on and on
    that guy is a whiner and that is a fact.
    * a person given to excessive complaints and crying and whining
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

    perhaps mentally challenged was a bad word to use there, and i apologise. lets say that the boy is... not mature enough.

    i'll say, complain with reason is fine. that rjc boy of urs doesnt have a reason. is he a volunteer? or is he in charge of yog. has he been a part of it?

    it is ridiculous to represent someone who doesnt feel anything is wrong (mainly most of us volunteers) and claim that the current situation is bad. i find it very wayang, and attention seeking.

    anyways, newpaper last thurs i believe? there was an article of many volunteers and atheletes who stood up and made their stand clear that yog was good and the nay-sayers are whiners.
    First and foremost. Not MY RJ boy. I merely felt that to know the issue better, it is safer to find the source and the people who know him personally to find out more. I know his history better than most in this thread and that is why I even bothered commenting in the first place.

    2ndly, the use of RJ, RI was just an example to show that he had at least a minimal level of intelligence and not mentally challenged as described. The use of a good school was to demonstrate a minimal level of achievement, not praising him to the heavens.
    For heavens sake, if you really think I am biased lets just say I scored below 200 for my PSLE but am definitely out earning and outscoring many of these "elites" now. Dont associate schools with elites, associate elites with their behavior.

    3rdly, granted you are happy with YOG. I aint complaining simply because it doesnt affect me. I just think that if you are treated well and happy, so be it. The main cause for concern is about the over blowing of budget and whatnot, it doesnt concern you now so its alright. But if others are unhappy, they got an opinion to voice out. So be it.

    4th, do you REALLY think he is representing you guys? Wrong, he was trying to use an example to further his own statement. If his example was weak because you guys were treated well, then so be it.

    5th, it is often the people who are involved who cant see clearly. That is why people often call for a 3rd party opinion. You may say he is biased, but I can turn right around and say you may be biased simply because you are involved and dont want to be associated with a "failure of an event" or a "Money wasting exercise". You may be involved but you dont see the whole picture.

    I dont disagree with you btw, I just hope that you can see things in a clearer light. Dont take everything people write at face value, in case you havent read carefully or seen the stand I have taken in other threads, perhaps you should.

    Just because I disagree with the approach and tone that you adopt doesnt mean I am at odds with your opinion.

    Have a nice day and dont tie yourself into a knot
    Last edited by mrhobbit; 28th August 2010 at 06:12 PM.

  10. #30

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Just to clarify, the use of RI,RJ was just to demonstrate a minimal level of understanding and achievement on his part. It was not to insinuate a higher level being or someone on a different social scale.

    If anyone feels that I have crossed the line and insinuated that going to a good school results in a better person, that I can assure you is not my intention and that if anyone feels that way, I will apologize.
    Last edited by mrhobbit; 28th August 2010 at 06:22 PM.

  11. #31
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Thanks for the link. Looks like Mr Brown still has not "lost his touch". No other meaning intended, of course.

  12. #32
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by mrhobbit View Post
    First and foremost. Not MY RJ boy. I merely felt that to know the issue better, it is safer to find the source and the people who know him personally to find out more. I know his history better than most in this thread and that is why I even bothered commenting in the first place.

    2ndly, the use of RJ, RI was just an example to show that he had at least a minimal level of intelligence and not mentally challenged as described. The use of a good school was to demonstrate a minimal level of achievement, not praising him to the heavens.
    For heavens sake, if you really think I am biased lets just say I scored below 200 for my PSLE but am definitely out earning and outscoring many of these "elites" now. Dont associate schools with elites, associate elites with their behavior.

    3rdly, granted you are happy with YOG. I aint complaining simply because it doesnt affect me. I just think that if you are treated well and happy, so be it. The main cause for concern is about the over blowing of budget and whatnot, it doesnt concern you now so its alright. But if others are unhappy, they got an opinion to voice out. So be it.

    4th, do you REALLY think he is representing you guys? Wrong, he was trying to use an example to further his own statement. If his example was weak because you guys were treated well, then so be it.

    5th, it is often the people who are involved who cant see clearly. That is why people often call for a 3rd party opinion. You may say he is biased, but I can turn right around and say you may be biased simply because you are involved and dont want to be associated with a "failure of an event" or a "Money wasting exercise". You may be involved but you dont see the whole picture.

    I dont disagree with you btw, I just hope that you can see things in a clearer light. Dont take everything people write at face value, in case you havent read carefully or seen the stand I have taken in other threads, perhaps you should.

    Just because I disagree with the approach and tone that you adopt doesnt mean I am at odds with your opinion.

    Have a nice day and dont tie yourself into a knot
    not really. normall i leave this kind of topics alone. gp exam is coming over. i need some practise thanks anyways

    as for your stand, i'll have to say that was the impression i got from u at least.

    hmm let me conclude this. is it fair to say that the guy was too extreme in his facts? and also that his phrasing was off?

    now the final part. can we conclude that his words were based on... opinions, and not facts. if so he is slandering ppl... espeically the point abt the wastage of money and the quality of food. which is sufficient enough to land him into trouble. as for wastage of money, we cant confirm, but quality of food? well... i'm happy with it, and most other volunteers are too. except for first few days, which i believe the one to take blame is the food provider and not syogoc. seems like syogoc didnt plan for that quality of food either.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 28th August 2010 at 11:19 PM.

  13. #33
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by mrhobbit View Post
    Just to clarify, the use of RI,RJ was just to demonstrate a minimal level of understanding and achievement on his part. It was not to insinuate a higher level being or someone on a different social scale.

    If anyone feels that I have crossed the line and insinuated that going to a good school results in a better person, that I can assure you is not my intention and that if anyone feels that way, I will apologize.
    yep i'm fine since u clarified

  14. #34
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I like that.
    thanks

    i'll credit where the idea came from. a court room drama serial. some guy let a cockroach on the judge just to bring his point across that its a natural phobia. thought it might be useful. wonders if can apply on gp

  15. #35

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    not really. normall i leave this kind of topics alone. gp exam is coming over. i need some practise thanks anyways

    as for your stand, i'll have to say that was the impression i got from u at least.

    hmm let me conclude this. is it fair to say that the guy was too extreme in his facts? and also that his phrasing was off?

    now the final part. can we conclude that his words were based on... opinions, and not facts. if so he is slandering ppl... espeically the point abt the wastage of money and the quality of food. which is sufficient enough to land him into trouble. as for wastage of money, we cant confirm, but quality of food? well... i'm happy with it, and most other volunteers are too. except for first few days, which i believe the one to take blame is the food provider and not syogoc. seems like syogoc didnt plan for that quality of food either.
    (Disclaimer: my gp exam is in 2 days time, hence the argumentative post)
    Wait...facts cannot be extreme.

    I think we are judging him too much. We are overreacting to the situation. You feel strongly that the YOG was a success, and you express your opinion. What makes your opinion more valid than his? Is it that yours is more credible? If so, why? Because you are directly involved in the activity? Because his view is not in line with most other people? Because his view brings harm to society? Or is it because it is fundamentally not right to think like the guy?

    Also, certain things are said without the actual meaning intended. I'm sure as a photographer in a school (unless you don't shoot events for your school), you've heard many people saying the likes of "I'm gonna kill you", and I'm pretty sure you don't take these as threats.

    I can understand where you are coming from, but we should be more open-minded. It doesn't mean that just because he said something about torching a minister, he intends to do it, or is intentionally inciting others to do it. Perhaps we are just being too sensitive.

  16. #36
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    (Disclaimer: my gp exam is in 2 days time, hence the argumentative post)
    Wait...facts cannot be extreme.

    I think we are judging him too much. We are overreacting to the situation. You feel strongly that the YOG was a success, and you express your opinion. What makes your opinion more valid than his? Is it that yours is more credible? If so, why? Because you are directly involved in the activity? Because his view is not in line with most other people? Because his view brings harm to society? Or is it because it is fundamentally not right to think like the guy?

    Also, certain things are said without the actual meaning intended. I'm sure as a photographer in a school (unless you don't shoot events for your school), you've heard many people saying the likes of "I'm gonna kill you", and I'm pretty sure you don't take these as threats.

    I can understand where you are coming from, but we should be more open-minded. It doesn't mean that just because he said something about torching a minister, he intends to do it, or is intentionally inciting others to do it. Perhaps we are just being too sensitive.
    ah good. finally more fun

    now, to go under that inciting part, lets research on sg law shall we? i havent took a look at it for a long time... cause how it is judged must be based on what the law defines wad

  17. #37

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    all you people studying for GP... let me give you a pointer ... the person was put under investigation not because he expressed his opinion, but because he allegedly threatened grievous bodily harm towards a government minister... regardless of what his opinion is on the topics he had mentioned, the crucial point was the alleged threat... don't out of point, minus marks...

    as to the defence that his remark is metaphorical: metaphors work in so far as the meaning defined by the metaphor is unambiguously available not just to the producer of the metaphor but also to a reasonably large proportion of the audience of that metaphor... in the context as may be read, "to burn someone" doesn't seem to mean anything other than to set fire to the person mentioned, especially taking into account the case of the burnt MP, and whereas there doesn't seem to be any other contextual clues in the rest of the message that should point to a more metaphorical and less literal reading for the statement... if he were to use, say "flame" someone, in the context of an internet forum or messaging service, that could be a more reasonable appeal to metaphor...

  18. #38

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    all you people studying for GP... let me give you a pointer ... the person was put under investigation not because he expressed his opinion, but because he allegedly threatened grievous bodily harm towards a government minister... regardless of what his opinion is on the topics he had mentioned, the crucial point was the alleged threat... don't out of point, minus marks...

    as to the defence that his remark is metaphorical: metaphors work in so far as the meaning defined by the metaphor is unambiguously available not just to the producer of the metaphor but also to a reasonably large proportion of the audience of that metaphor... in the context as may be read, "to burn someone" doesn't seem to mean anything other than to set fire to the person mentioned, especially taking into account the case of the burnt MP, and whereas there doesn't seem to be any other contextual clues in the rest of the message that should point to a more metaphorical and less literal reading for the statement... if he were to use, say "flame" someone, in the context of an internet forum or messaging service, that could be a more reasonable appeal to metaphor...
    Like I said, I've heard a lot of people saying "I'm going to kill you"; I see no other way of interpreting the word "kill", and yet I did not take it as a threat.

  19. #39
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    all you people studying for GP... let me give you a pointer ... the person was put under investigation not because he expressed his opinion, but because he allegedly threatened grievous bodily harm towards a government minister... regardless of what his opinion is on the topics he had mentioned, the crucial point was the alleged threat... don't out of point, minus marks...

    as to the defence that his remark is metaphorical: metaphors work in so far as the meaning defined by the metaphor is unambiguously available not just to the producer of the metaphor but also to a reasonably large proportion of the audience of that metaphor... in the context as may be read, "to burn someone" doesn't seem to mean anything other than to set fire to the person mentioned, especially taking into account the case of the burnt MP, and whereas there doesn't seem to be any other contextual clues in the rest of the message that should point to a more metaphorical and less literal reading for the statement... if he were to use, say "flame" someone, in the context of an internet forum or messaging service, that could be a more reasonable appeal to metaphor...
    what was the prosecutor's point? i need to google the inciting violence and wad falls under it first. if his comment falls under it i think its fair enough already. if it doesnt fall for it then we can argue more abt the black and white and grey issues

  20. #40

    Default Re: facebook news again... this time is a singaporean got caught

    Hi

    sorry this is a bit off topic. Can I assume that if anyone says "I am gonna burn you" or something similar in that capacity, it is an intent to inflict bodily harm on myself? What steps do I need to take action? Also, must it be flame related, or I am able to make a wider assumption? Apologies- I am serious as I have had a recent case.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •