Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Walk 2004

Quote Originally Posted by engineermunn
    I just saw the new route.....

Correct me if I'm wrong: The new route is within the Circle Line and KPE tunneling projects. Wasn't there some cracks discovered at the cricket oval (near the route)?

Would the ground be safe to withstand a massive continuous human load?

I wonder if LTA has actually looked into the new route and if they've done "checks" on ground stability?

Let's see: assume 75,000 walkers, each having an average mass of 65kg, and over a period of 3 hours.

That's like 75k * 65 = approx 5 million kilograms or 5000 tonnes! pounding on the ground!
    Hi engineermunn, Base on your calculation, 5000 tonnes pounding on the ground are stretch over a big/long land mass, they dont concentrate on just a small area, so u need not worry lah.

P = F / A
    yeah?
    don't think we went close enough to the circle line areas, but we did pass where they were working on the KPE...

Hi fellow club-snappers, I will like to share with you all a few of my novice pictures.

#8..can't be helped. haiz..its not easy to clear up so much trash

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    #8..can't be helped. haiz..its not easy to clear up so much trash
    Hahaha, I also throw one myself. This is not a common sight in Singapore.

[QUOTE=skyline_impreza]Hi fellow club-snappers, I will like to share with you all a few of my novice pictures.

HI Sky, thanks for sharing these photos, it is kind of photojournalist's experience.
    Dont mind I share and comment a little.

I like #2 as it captured the BIG Walk spirit.
    The only thing is the bright overexpose at the end.. otherwise this is really nice

Closer and ignore the upper portion can make this a good photos

I like this coz it records some very common but unnoticed happenings Street Just be aware of distracting items ( e.g. trees at bg) and go closer or zoom the subject could really excel the presentation

Last edited by Hosea; 26th May 2004 at 08:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12