Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Another reason for me to get 11-16)
    Tokina?? I'm eyeing since day X. Waiting for my trip to HK to get it.

I had a ND4 filter on to prolong the exposure out. Apparently, 2 stops wasn't enough.
    Smaller aperture allows you to prolong the exposure
    Thanks!! Got an idea how ND4 works now. Reading up and getting poison at the same times.
    Ain't too clever but definitely not stupid. Hey guys, just wanna learn....

#03 I agree that morning it was nice but the water is not totally stable. Got some movement or else it will be perfect..

oh ya!! I want to know how to do pano stitch. not easy right? I mean, if both shots, for example, are done with LE, the sky will change, the clouds will move.
    Use hugin for your pano, quite easy actually but tedious (need to manually set the control points, there is a auto way if you download an add-on, but i guess humans are better than machines)

http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
    Nikon D700 | AF-S 50mm f/1.8 G | SB900

Quote Originally Posted by sqroot View Post
    Use hugin for your pano, quite easy actually but tedious (need to manually set the control points, there is a auto way if you download an add-on, but i guess humans are better than machines)

http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
    Wow. It looks pretty good. Thanks for the link!
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Wow. It looks pretty good. Thanks for the link!
    No problem. hahaha once in a while must poison someone with software instead of hardware (prevent increasing the hole in out pockets)
    Nikon D700 | AF-S 50mm f/1.8 G | SB900

I was greedy. I wanted to cover the whole reflection of MBS so I shot in portrait. I had a few in landscape orientation but the feeling like very tight. Not enough to cover the element I wanted in the shot. (Another reason for me to get 11-16).
    actually i was thinking of getting it in shanghai as well...

oh ya!! I want to know how to do pano stitch. not easy right? I mean, if both shots, for example, are done with LE, the sky will change, the clouds will move.
    i did pano stitch once using CS5. the stitching part is easy, but when taking the photo must take swee swee, or else will have to crop out a lot.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photosho...b64-75e8a.html

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    actually i was thinking of getting it in shanghai as well...

i did pano stitch once using CS5. the stitching part is easy, but when taking the photo must take swee swee, or else will have to crop out a lot.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photosho...b64-75e8a.html
    lolx.. smiles88.. Tell you what, go buy student CS5 with your 11B confirmed can one.
    then after that buy Tokina 11-16. Reasons been, you can stitch more with 11-16 and take lesser time to get longer view of the place in a much shorter time than kit lens.. =X

While CS5 save you all the pain to do the manual work. All you have to do is just take more shots..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    lolx.. smiles88.. Tell you what, go buy student CS5 with your 11B confirmed can one.
    then after that buy Tokina 11-16. Reasons been, you can stitch more with 11-16 and take lesser time to get longer view of the place in a much shorter time than kit lens.. =X

While CS5 save you all the pain to do the manual work. All you have to do is just take more shots..
    Hmmm... How much will it be? My brother bought a previous version. Dunno CS3 or CS4. But... I got a copy of CS5 already. I just don't know how to use.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Hmmm... How much will it be? My brother bought a previous version. Dunno CS3 or CS4. But... I got a copy of CS5 already. I just don't know how to use.
    CS5 like quite complicated. But at least for pano stitch its easy. The link i gave u has step by step info. just follow it wont go wrong one haha

lolx.. go online google it. There's a lot of step by step tutorial. ones you know the basic, you can try exploring further more.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    CS5 like quite complicated. But at least for pano stitch its easy. The link i gave u has step by step info. just follow it wont go wrong one haha
    actually no. its quite easy if you have used previous version of CS like CS3, CS4. CS5 makes a lot of things much easier even though the whole User Interface is very different from the previous version. CS5 has a lot more function that if you know how to use, it saves a lot of your trouble from doing it manually. Like lens distortion, for D90 it has 10-24mm. I could auto correct it for you or you could do it manually by dragging how much you want to correct it.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

lolx.. go online google it. There's a lot of step by step tutorial. ones you know the basic, you can try exploring further more.

actually no. its quite easy if you have used previous version of CS like CS3, CS4. CS5 makes a lot of things much easier even though the whole User Interface is very different from the previous version. CS5 has a lot more function that if you know how to use, it saves a lot of your trouble from doing it manually. Like lens distortion, for D90 it has 10-24mm. I could auto correct it for you or you could do it manually by dragging how much you want to correct it.
    wow...CS5 hw much??? CS5 is it very different from CS4???
    A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.

Quote Originally Posted by winkoo88 View Post
    wow...CS5 hw much??? CS5 is it very different from CS4???
    i duno how much.. hehe.. must go challenger check..

nope.. its more or less the same.. CS5 should help decrease certain steps and help you get alot of your work done with a click.

Quote Originally Posted by notsoclever View Post
    Yap, will do that since I'll be there every Sunday. Got myself Kata 467i there too. Big enough for my camera n my little girl's stuff.

Switching camp?? So sad....
    You wait long long... It's part of my quest for updating my knowledge on current DSLR bodies...

Okay, I'm a bit familiar with 60D ergonomics and button functions now... high ISO performance is pretty good as well. FPS is fast (not surprising of course). The build is way better than 550D, grip is good as well... Some how... the design of the body has a D90-yish to it.. my opinion that is... The mode changing knob is a bit weird (maybe good for some peeps), a locking mechanism unless you hold down the central button to unlock it. Buttons for changing EVs, shooting modes, ISO, etc... no need to hold down... each button lets you toggle between changing the values and full data display (this is for the top LCD screen). Whereas on D90, we need to hold down (eg) the EV button and scroll wheel at the same time.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 20th September 2010 at 11:35 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

i duno how much.. hehe.. must go challenger check..

nope.. its more or less the same.. CS5 should help decrease certain steps and help you get alot of your work done with a click.
    You planning to full version or student one har? Full version ain't cheap man... Can afford D7000 plus a good lens already!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    You wait long long... It's part of my quest for updating my knowledge on current DSLR bodies...

Okay, I'm a bit familiar with 60D ergonomics and button functions now... high ISO performance is pretty good as well. FPS is fast (not surprising of course). The build is way better than 550D, grip is good as well... Some how... the design of the body has a D90-yish to it.. my opinion that is... The mode changing knob is a bit weird (maybe good for some peeps), a locking mechanism unless you hold down the central button to unlock it. Buttons for changing EVs, shooting modes, ISO, etc... no need to hold down... each button lets you toggle between changing the values and full data display (this is for the top LCD screen). Whereas on D90, we need to hold down (eg) the EV button and scroll wheel at the same time.
    wah switching over ar bro....???
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    You another one! Can read clearly or not har? I ain't switching camp! Even if you want me to!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 20th September 2010 at 11:48 PM.

You planning to full version or student one har? Full version ain't cheap man... Can afford D7000 plus a good lens already!
    lolx.. i haf already.. =/
    You another one! Can read clearly or not har? I ain't switching camp! Even if you want me to!
    lolx.. cause u make it sound like u r changing for a full frame soon.. =X

wah i just log in, never read back the last few pages... hehehhe...

yeah a loyalist nikonist.... wahahaha,
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Nikon sound better, izzzit.

So can TCSS here instead of the other webby?? Dunno, sori. hahaa..
    Good, work till sianz, I TCSS with u ppl.
    Ain't too clever but definitely not stupid. Hey guys, just wanna learn....

Here is meant for TCSS,So just feel free to talk about anything

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post

must...pull...kriegsketten...back...to...the...Dar k...SIDE!!!
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast