Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    i wonder... let me try liao den tell you. I shall bring my gf along as decoy..

lolx.. maybe tt might not smoke them off... maybe they will talk bad about Nikon..

wahahhaha...
    Wah... bring your gf along somore... In that case, try this... you let her ask you: "How about this 550D?..." You raise your voice as if irritated: "aiyah, not nice one lah...." She asked: "50D leh?..." You say: "Wah... dun wan lah... not as good as 550D!"... She then proceed to 7D: "And how about...." You cut her off: "Aiyah, another not nice one lah!..."!!! (pretend pretend oni hor...) ... Drama at CS showroom... See all the funny reactions from staff... Wah I wanna audition for Just for Laughs scripting!...

Edit: alternative script... your gf rush all the way to the back, grabs a DSLR and say: "I really want this 550D!"... You get angry with D90 in your hands: "You get Canon and we go separate ways!!".... And then she sobs and run all the way out.... Too emo, no?? Wait until one of us gets the D7000 hor, that way we can try out the HD video and editing...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 20th September 2010 at 04:29 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

A place to place and receive poison??

Poison me pls.

What size for D-90 with grip??
    Or anyone selling??
    $10-35 can get??

Ain't too clever but definitely not stupid. Hey guys, just wanna learn....

Quote Originally Posted by notsoclever View Post

Poison me pls.

Or anyone selling??
    $10-35 can get??

Mb-D80 IIRC.
    For 2nd hand look in B&S.

Erm... $10-35 cannot lah. A new 3rd party grip(Phottix) costs abt $110 or so? Hehe. If Nikon 1 don't need to say. Sure alot more expensive.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Poison me pls.

Or anyone selling??
    $10-35 can get??

Best is to give TK fotos at Funan a visit, bring your equipment along for test fitting... Me can't help you, coz I haven't found a proper bag that I like yet...

Okayz, TTYL - need go out and run errands... and then drop by Canon showroom for some serious molestation of the 60D...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Krieg, you are really good script writing man, can't stop laughing when iread what you had written. Skylover, maybe let know what are the reactions of the staffs.
    D90, 18-105mm f/ 3.5-5.6G, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D.

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Wah... bring your gf along somore... In that case, try this... you let her ask you: "How about this 550D?..." You raise your voice as if irritated: "aiyah, not nice one lah...." She asked: "50D leh?..." You say: "Wah... dun wan lah... not as good as 550D!"... She then proceed to 7D: "And how about...." You cut her off: "Aiyah, another not nice one lah!..."!!! (pretend pretend oni hor...) ... Drama at CS showroom... See all the funny reactions from staff... Wah I wanna audition for Just for Laughs scripting!...

Edit: alternative script... your gf rush all the way to the back, grabs a DSLR and say: "I really want this 550D!"... You get angry with D90 in your hands: "You get Canon and we go separate ways!!".... And then she sobs and run all the way out.... Too emo, no?? Wait until one of us gets the D7000 hor, that way we can try out the HD video and editing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ongoinglearner View Post
    Krieg, you are really good script writing man, can't stop laughing when iread what you had written. Skylover, maybe let know what are the reactions of the staffs.
    lolx.. he too drama liao.. muz become director of some movie liao.. or else wasted.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Mb-D80 IIRC.
    For 2nd hand look in B&S.

Erm... $10-35 cannot lah. A new 3rd party grip(Phottix) costs abt $110 or so? Hehe. If Nikon 1 don't need to say. Sure alot more expensive.
    Not Grip, the bag, i wan. hahaa..

Grip, MB-D80, Nikon, I got $130, 2nd-hand too.

Best is to give TK fotos at Funan a visit, bring your equipment along for test fitting... Me can't help you, coz I haven't found a proper bag that I like yet...

Yap, will do that since I'll be there every Sunday. Got myself Kata 467i there too. Big enough for my camera n my little girl's stuff.

Okayz, TTYL - need go out and run errands... and then drop by Canon showroom for some serious molestation of the 60D...
    Switching camp?? So sad....

Not Grip, the bag, i wan. hahaa..

Grip, MB-D80, Nikon, I got $130, 2nd-hand too.
    haha. I thought you want the grip. I malu already lah. haha

eh. my shots so bad ar? no one comment. only jeezuin comment.....
    Last edited by Smiles88; 20th September 2010 at 05:06 PM.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Smiles, your images get pushed to the earlier page so quickly, the rate at which everyone is replying to this thread.... hehehehe that's why no C&C for your photos.
    Exploring! :)

ok repost... I just noticed tt we're unusually chatty today.

1)

2)

3)

Buildings not straight. Forgot to edit it... hehe
    4)
    Last edited by Smiles88; 20th September 2010 at 05:26 PM.

bros, C&C pls. these are from the outing on Saturday morning.

2)
    I would say that this is the one I like most out of your series.
    But.... but... i feel that the big patchy cloud on the left half of the image kinda spoils it for me...

You've got some barrel distortion. See Ritz Carlton at the right corner... the top of the building is tilted inwards. So is the 'top' of its reflection.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I would say that this is the one I like most out of your series.
    But.... but... i feel that the big patchy cloud on the left half of the image kinda spoils it for me...

You've got some barrel distortion. See Ritz Carlton at the right corner... the top of the building is tilted inwards. So is the 'top' of its reflection.
    thanks. the patch of cloud was quite nice at the time. but I guess I didn't manage to capture it properly. It was like, half blue sky, half dark clouds.
    Is barrel distortion the tilting of buildings?

actually, my favourite shot for Saturday is the last 1. But not wide enough...

thanks. the patch of cloud was quite nice at the time. but I guess I didn't manage to capture it properly. It was like, half blue sky, half dark clouds.

lolxx.. your #01 very blue.. blue filter I guess?

#03 I agree that morning it was nice but the water is not totally stable. Got some movement or else it will be perfect..

#04 your last one. Got a way to do it. Take another shot and stitch it together. But make sure exposure, settings are the same where possible. Must be quick since the sun is raising.
    Last edited by skylover; 20th September 2010 at 06:05 PM.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

lolxx.. your #01 very blue.. blue filter I guess?

to be truthful, I don't know why it became so blue. I think my Auto WB. haha. the sky colour was nice.
    #03 I agree that morning it was nice but the water is not totally stable. Got some movement or else it will be perfect..

#04 your last one. Got a way to do it. Take another shot and stitch it together. But make sure exposure, settings are the same where possible. Must be quick since the sun is raising.
    oh ya!! I want to know how to do pano stitch. not easy right? I mean, if both shots, for example, are done with LE, the sky will change, the clouds will move.

You know what a wine barrel looks like? It's fat on the center and slim at the top and bottom. That's the type of distortion that's occuring at the corner regions when shooting at widest angle on your kit lens.

ACtually your #4 should take landscape orientation mah. Why you shoot in portrait? 18mm not wide enough to cover the top of MBS meh? The sky was a bit featureless...
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 20th September 2010 at 06:12 PM.

Nice series.

I got this problem like ur Pix3. See the bldg, very mussy.

Dunno izzt the lack of filter or my Kit lens or the effect?

Aperture?? With correct aperture cannot got the correct shuttle for the water-spring out. hmm....

bro Smiles88, u put any filter?

Pix3, let count how many photographer taking the pix @ the opposite side. hahahaaa

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    You know what a wine barrel looks like? It's fat on the center and slim at the top and bottom. That's the type of distortion that's occuring at the corner regions when shooting at widest angle on your kit lens.

ACtually your #4 should take landscape orientation mah. Why you shoot in portrait? 18mm not wide enough to cover the top of MBS meh? The sky was a bit featureless...
    I was greedy. I wanted to cover the whole reflection of MBS so I shot in portrait. I had a few in landscape orientation but the feeling like very tight. Not enough to cover the element I wanted in the shot. (Another reason for me to get 11-16)

Nice series.

I got this problem like ur Pix3. See the bldg, very mussy.

Dunno izzt the lack of filter or my Kit lens or the effect?

Aperture?? With correct aperture cannot got the correct shuttle for the water-spring out. hmm....

bro Smiles88, u put any filter?
    I had a ND4 filter on to prolong the exposure out. Apparently, 2 stops wasn't enough.
    Smaller aperture allows you to prolong the exposure

I was greedy. I wanted to cover the whole reflection of MBS so I shot in portrait. I had a few in landscape orientation but the feeling like very tight. Not enough to cover the element I wanted in the shot. (Another reason for me to get 11-16)
    THAT'S the thought I wanted to plant in your head, but in a subtle manner!

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast