Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    That one already confirmed cannot.
    Oh well, thanks for answering my curiosity.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    anybody used tt brand before how is the outcome?
    Samyang has been around for quite a long time, making lenses for other brands like Vivitar. But they specialize in making cheap 3rd party lenses before. Now they are getting smart and maker slightly more up market lenses..

BTW Samyang has merged with the Japanases company Seikou in 2004. So I am not sure if you can still call it a Korean company.

Samyang has been around for quite a long time, making lenses for other brands like Vivitar. But they specialize in making cheap 3rd party lenses before. Now they are getting smart and maker slightly more up market lenses..

BTW Samyang has merged with the Japanases company Seikou in 2004. So I am not sure if you can still call it a Korean company.
    Oh really? Well then... it does make it a more viable range option? Assuming that the Japanese co is a no-nonsense group that is...

I recalled reading a magazine article and an online review about the 85mm f/1.4 being pretty sharp... I think a google search should easily bring it up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Oh really? Well then... it does make it a more viable range option? Assuming that the Japanese co is a no-nonsense group that is...

I recalled reading a magazine article and an online review about the 85mm f/1.4 being pretty sharp... I think a google search should easily bring it up.
    If I remember correctly, the samyang 85/1.4 performs quite well at large apertures. But smaller than F4 it suffers... kind of funny...

But most people buy this kind of lens to use it at wide apertures anyway. Pricing is around $580 locally. But in USA it is sold for $200+ only.

If I remember correctly, the samyang 85/1.4 performs quite well at large apertures. But smaller than F4 it suffers... kind of funny...

But most people buy this kind of lens to use it at wide apertures anyway. Pricing is around $580 locally. But in USA it is sold for $200+ only.
    Wow...that's dirt cheap. Considering usefulness is confined to f/1.4 to f/4, DOF is kind of limited, I guess that's understandable. Was it too sharp for portraiture? Without AF, one is limited to non-fast moving subjects...

Guys. Vivocity's view of sunset nice or not? I'm thinking of going there to shoot tomorrow evening
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

i guess you guys can start a d7000 poison thread liao that cam looks damn good for that pricepoint.

It depends Samyang is acquire by Seikou or the other way around. If Samyang acquire Seikou then its still a Korean Company if not its Japanese Company.

If they could produce quality and cheap 3rd party lens. It worth considering it.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by bylim View Post
    i guess you guys can start a d7000 poison thread liao that cam looks damn good for that pricepoint.
    lolx.. we already started a bit here already. This thread has officially become the poison thread.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

whoops i read the past few pages and i'm late

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Guys. Vivocity's view of sunset nice or not? I'm thinking of going there to shoot tomorrow evening
    Oh it will be VERY nice!

But you can't jolly well see it... You haven't been paying attention have you?

On top of Vivocity's open air, the tall Harbour Front block will stick out like a sore thumb... I live very near, if the sunset is worth shooting from the open air garden, I'd have posted it over here by now... Sorry to disappoint you, lad.

If you find a view on the area in front of Vivocity, be prepared by dangling cute little boxes on a wire zipping by from the top of Mount Faber. What's worse... f/11 or more shots you'll certainly see motion blurr of those boxes...

If you wanna ask about Sunrise... you can even more forget about it... Nice REALLY tall bright Keppel cranes will keep you company...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 16th September 2010 at 10:31 AM.

testing out ya nd110 after u getting ya step up ring is it...???
    hehhehehehe
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Wow...that's dirt cheap. Considering usefulness is confined to f/1.4 to f/4, DOF is kind of limited, I guess that's understandable. Was it too sharp for portraiture? Without AF, one is limited to non-fast moving subjects...
    well, that depend on ya mf skills, arm with the right focusing screen, mf can be quite fast...
    but for that thin dof, im doubtful, but again its me, always have a problem when come to mf on a dslr....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    It depends Samyang is acquire by Seikou or the other way around. If Samyang acquire Seikou then its still a Korean Company if not its Japanese Company.

If they could produce quality and cheap 3rd party lens. It worth considering it.
    Watch for the 35mm f/1.4! If i'm not wrong, Samyang also has fish-eyes - Ken Rockwell reviewed it...

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    well, that depend on ya mf skills, arm with the right focusing screen, mf can be quite fast...
    but for that thin dof, im doubtful, but again its me, always have a problem when come to mf on a dslr....
    I won't claim anything. I don't own a MF lens yet and I haven't really use MF on my AF-S lens enough to really say I'm good with it since none of them is f/1.4...

Quote Originally Posted by bylim View Post
    whoops i read the past few pages and i'm late
    You're way late bro... The D7000 poisoning started on this very TCSS thread the second it was announced from Official Nikon news yesterday!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 16th September 2010 at 10:41 AM.

Oh it will be VERY nice!

But you can't jolly well see it... You haven't been paying attention have you?
    I saw this shots! You posted them after testing the additional degrees that make a difference when ZCA requested right?

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    testing out ya nd110 after u getting ya step up ring is it...???
    hehhehehehe
    wah am I so easy to be read?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

I saw this shots! You posted them after testing the additional degrees that make a difference when ZCA requested right?

wah am I so easy to be read?
    Yes you did, but you haven't been paying attention or else you wouldn't have asked... these shots were taken during late afternoon - towards 5pm... It hints to you where the sun will go down - smacked right behind Harbour Front building... And if HF building doesn't do the job, the Merrill Lynch building to the right of it will do the job just as well!

Relax lah... you're enthusiastic - it shows!

Yes you did, but you haven't been paying attention or else you wouldn't have asked... these shots were taken during late afternoon - towards 5pm... It hints to you where the sun will go down - smacked right behind Harbour Front building... And if HF building doesn't do the job, the Merrill Lynch building to the right of it will do the job just as well!

Relax lah... you're enthusiastic - it shows!
    oh yeah. good point there. so I guess it's not very worth the sunset shoot. night time? not much lights there other than towards RWS right?

okay. I shall lie low for a few days... haha. tomorrow don't test saturday I can test the ND110 as well. going for the shoot at Merlian Park! hehe

oh yeah. good point there. so I guess it's not very worth the sunset shoot. night time? not much lights there other than towards RWS right?

okay. I shall lie low for a few days... haha. tomorrow don't test saturday I can test the ND110 as well. going for the shoot at Merlian Park! hehe
    I've done a night shot recently... haven't posted it up... Pretty dark place really - when you look directly at the RWS... and the construction going on the right side of the causeway (bridge) will probably detract you from shooting towards the left side of RWS... flares from the heavy construction spot lights... Secondly there is a lot of activity on the water surface - bump boats, small water crafts busily going to and fro... water is going to be hard to be really still... Lastly, if you don't mind streaming lights from the cable cars (due to LE)... But you got the ND110... those won't matter! LoL!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 16th September 2010 at 11:37 AM.