Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526293449 ... LastLast

Thread: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Oh...thanks for the red highlights... just woke up not too long ago...

More or less confirmed... the magnesium body has been revealed showing where the buttons go...

But, but... 6 FPS??? Pwuahhhh!! 39 points, weather sealed.... Plus lastly the rumoured price... That's the deal sealer....

If the above is so correct, D300s and D700 replacements are going to blow the competitions out of this world!
    haha. I wanted to leave it in bold but I thought it isn't very obvious. The 39 points I don't really think I'll have a use for so many, but the weather sealing, ISO range and dual SD slots are quite attractive. The 6 FPS I don't think I will use it often. Up till now I only used the multiple consecutive shots once. haha.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    haha. I wanted to leave it in bold but I thought it isn't very obvious. The 39 points I don't really think I'll have a use for so many, but the weather sealing, ISO range and dual SD slots are quite attractive. The 6 FPS I don't think I will use it often. Up till now I only used the multiple consecutive shots once. haha.
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention the high ISO... Hopefully the highest non "Hi-1" is 6400 or more... that way we can happy-happy shoot night shots using cheap lenses, plus fast-action scenes.

6 FPS rocks, I find 4.5 on D90 quite okay, used it in a few occasions already - except that when you use large image formats, the buffers get eaten up pretty fast... 6 FPS will ease that a bit...

Weather sealing - now I'm less worried when I go to a freezing country liao...

Dual SD slots not so sure... but you'll never know... if go shooting a full day like F1 (day time - other races, until night time for F1) One might just max out the cards... That may explain newer battery pack...

Lastly... 100% viewfinder... In the past if that's the only improved feature, I may not be bothered, but if you pack all the cool features in.... wow...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the high ISO... Hopefully the highest non "Hi-1" is 6400 or more... that way we can happy-happy shoot night shots using cheap lenses, plus fast-action scenes.

6 FPS rocks, I find 4.5 on D90 quite okay, used it in a few occasions already - except that when you use large image formats, the buffers get eaten up pretty fast... 6 FPS will ease that a bit...

Weather sealing - now I'm less worried when I go to a freezing country liao...

Dual SD slots not so sure... but you'll never know... if go shooting a full day like F1 (day time - other races, until night time for F1) One might just max out the cards... That may explain newer battery pack...

Lastly... 100% viewfinder... In the past if that's the only improved feature, I may not be bothered, but if you pack all the cool features in.... wow...

yeah. hopefully the 'usable' ISO range is better. Overall, the D7000 seems to be jam-packed with good technical specs.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

yeah. hopefully the 'usable' ISO range is better. Overall, the D7000 seems to be jam-packed with good technical specs.
    Makes me wonder if Nikon is consolidating the range a bit... Given the new series numbering that is.

DD123, which feature listed isn't as good as a D300s? If there are features that aren't as good as D300s, then DXXX range (below 700 that is) would still flow in future.

Looks like D90 is probably the last of the DXX serials... No more two digits, only DXXXX, DXXX and DX

it shall remain as a legacy... haha

Behold! We have a piece of history in our hands (when D90 is no longer on the shelves that is)...

Blog Entries

Makes me wonder if Nikon is consolidating the range a bit... Given the new series numbering that is.

DD123, which feature listed isn't as good as a D300s? If there are features that aren't as good as D300s, then DXXX range (below 700 that is) would still flow in future.
    D300s is capable of 8fps with battery grip and the proper battery.

D300s has shooting profiles, and custom menu profiles, so you can call up your settings very quickly.

D300s probably has a larger memory buffer.

And D300s can meter with old lenses. I think D7000 still cannot.

I can't wait to see what the D700 and D300 replacements can do...

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    D300s is capable of 8fps with battery grip and the proper battery.

D300s has shooting profiles, and custom menu profiles, so you can call up your settings very quickly.

D300s probably has a larger memory buffer.

And D300s can meter with old lenses. I think D7000 still cannot.

I can't wait to see what the D700 and D300 replacements can do...
    Yeah hor! Cannot use AI-S lenses!!! Boohoo!.... hmmm.... well, no rush for D7000 then...

Edit: Thanks DD123 bro! If can meter, I think I'd mai-tu liao... Now, not so hot for it... effective anti-virus...
    Don't worry, D300 and D700 replacements surely kilat kilat one...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 15th September 2010 at 11:50 AM.

Btw, Samyang is releasing 35mm f/1.4 as well.... Skylover, your options are still open...

D7000 confirmed, the specs are all confirmed!

According to Dpreview... D7000 is not a D90 replacement... More like an upgrade from D90, it is placed between D90 and D300s! But the pricing will kill D90 (if stores still sell it at '08/'09/early '10 pricing). If based on today's prices, D90 should be costing 1000 to 1150 new (body alone). Street prices should have been well adjusted by now.

According to Dpreview... D7000 is not a D90 replacement... More like an upgrade from D90, it is placed between D90 and D300s! But the pricing will kill D90 (if stores still sell it at '08/'09/early '10 pricing). If based on today's prices, D90 should be costing 1000 to 1150 new (body alone). Street prices should have been well adjusted by now.
    ya, but I think people refer to it as the D90 replacement cause it's easier. The numbering not nice leh. 7000. buay sui...

ya, but I think people refer to it as the D90 replacement cause it's easier. The numbering not nice leh. 7000. buay sui...
    But hor... I read Dpreviews D7000 pricing... dunno zhun or not... USD699 (body plus 18-55??) SURE OR NOT???....

pui chao nua. Cannot be so cheap lah! if so cheap I sell my D90 off and buy it liao. haha

pui chao nua. Cannot be so cheap lah! if so cheap I sell my D90 off and buy it liao. haha
    Lets see if it would trigger some mad BnS right now!

Blog Entries

But hor... I read Dpreviews D7000 pricing... dunno zhun or not... USD699 (body plus 18-55??) SURE OR NOT???....
    No la. I read is 1190 leh... from nikonrumors...

Now Nikon and Canon have aligned their models. Canon moved the 60D down to plastic to match D90 and what did nikon do? Upped their D90 replacement to include magnesium alloy body with weather sealing... LOL. The 60D is so going to get killed.

7D is now aligned with D300s...

The 2 manufacturers have aligned the playing field.

http://imaging.nikon.com/products/im...tibility02.htm

DD123... if I read right, can meter with AI-S lenses right??? No 3D metering only...

http://imaging.nikon.com/products/im...tibility02.htm

DD123... if I read right, can meter with AI-S lenses right??? No 3D metering only...
    tt's what I saw as well... on the NikonUSA website with the full specs of D7000

tt's what I saw as well... on the NikonUSA website with the full specs of D7000
    Cham.... they removed the last known barrier I have against the BBB-virus...

Edit: just checked the D300s Lens compatibility list as well... sama-sama as D7000.... die......I'm no longer immune....
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 15th September 2010 at 01:27 PM.