Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223263146 ... LastLast

Thread: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    me? good and bad.. Sun early morning wasn't a good morning for me. Had to rush down to the hospital ICU to see my grandmother due to some unknown reasons one organ failure but luckily she was strong enough to pass through the danger hours. Should be able to discharge soon before the end of this weekend.
    ur grandma will be okie!
    cheer up!

me? good and bad.. Sun early morning wasn't a good morning for me. Had to rush down to the hospital ICU to see my grandmother due to some unknown reasons one organ failure but luckily she was strong enough to pass through the danger hours. Should be able to discharge soon before the end of this weekend.
    Rough day for you and family, hope your grandma gets well soon.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G rumoured... Would be interesting to wait and see... Curious what the price will be, close to 1K or surely hit above?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Few reasons bro...

I find I am not using the 35/1.8 a lot. FOV is 52mm like a normal lens, but I prefer something wider. When you look at wide angle pictures, you get a sense of dynamic movement, this is due to perspective, since the longer the focal length, the more compressed things look. The shorter the focal length, the more exaggerated distances look. So that wider lens will give you more sense of "movement" due to that exaggeration in perspective. Especially when you go in close to your subject. I like this effect wide angle lenses give you.

24mm on APS-C is around a 35mm FOV. This is a good FOV to have. 1) subjects still do not get too distorted (wide end of 'normal'), 2) it is slightly wider than your 50mm FOV.

Another reason is that this 24mm lens is a FF lens, so if I move to FX, I will be able to use this as a true wide angle prime.

Lastly, baby is coming, cannot anyhow anger wife. If I sell a lens, I can easily justify the purchase of another (even though the new one is more than twice the price of the old one).

So far if you ask me now about some feedback on my new 24mm, I can tell you I am very very happy. My shooting style has also evolved with this lens, capturing more dynamic photos, getting closer to my subjects.. I am very very satisfied...

Couple more pics... I really love this lens!

I'll keep this lens option open for deeper thoughts. Looks really good and sharp!

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    ur grandma will be okie!
    cheer up!
    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Rough day for you and family, hope your grandma gets well soon.
    Thanks quizesilver & kriegsketten. She is celebrating her 95 birthday in Novemeber. Hopefully everything is back to normal after she discharge.

Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G rumoured... Would be interesting to wait and see... Curious what the price will be, close to 1K or surely hit above?
    I think I will consider 28mm if the price is reasonable or else most likely 35mm is my next best choice. It looks a lot better than 50mm.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

I think I will consider 28mm if the price is reasonable or else most likely 35mm is my next best choice. It looks a lot better than 50mm.
    I don't think the new 35mm f/1.4 will be any where near the price of 35mm f/1.8 or even the 35mm f/2... Chances are... maybe slightly higher than 50 f/1.4G or there abouts? Here's kinda hoping...

It is me or is it really that difficult to nail down a prime of your liking har?...

I don't think the new 35mm f/1.4 will be any where near the price of 35mm f/1.8 or even the 35mm f/2... Chances are... maybe slightly higher than 50 f/1.4G or there abouts? Here's kinda hoping...

It is me or is it really that difficult to nail down a prime of your liking har?...
    I think its because of the spoil of choices.. and the $ is making me sway from side to side...
    its kinda of hard to decide..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

I think its because of the spoil of choices.. and the $ is making me sway from side to side...
    its kinda of hard to decide..
    Yeah, we're kinda spoilt for choices. So, have you really figured out which focal length do you prefer most for primes? I think that's harder to decide... there are times I prefer wide, some times I'd like a medium...and then some other times i'd like a tele... In the long run, I think you'll need all 3.... like why ZCA went for the 3 f/1.8s... you kinda need all 3 depending on situations....
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 14th September 2010 at 05:58 PM.

Yeah, we're kinda spoilt for choices. So, have you really figured out which focal length do you prefer most for primes? I think that's harder to decide... there are times I prefer wide, some times I'd like a medium...and then some other times i'd like a tele... In the long run, I think you'll need all 3.... like why ZCA went for the 3 f/1.8s... you kinda need all 3 depending on situations....
    lolx.. getting all 3 prime lens will solve the problem of what is the best choice but $ will be an issue. Since $ will be an issue choosing what is best to my liking will be a tough choice since I cannot have everything and i will have to compromise with certain things. I'm still bending towards 35mm than 50mm due to the wide angle.

lolx.. getting all 3 prime lens will solve the problem of what is the best choice but $ will be an issue. Since $ will be an issue choosing what is best to my liking will be a tough choice since I cannot have everything and i will have to compromise with certain things. I'm still bending towards 35mm than 50mm due to the wide angle.
    Yeah I know, it's always what's the first prime you want...followed by the second... and then maybe (just maybe) the last... No rush though... For me, i'm juggling (more like struggling) between wide and tele for my first... Not sure about 50mm either...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 14th September 2010 at 06:07 PM.

Yeah I know, it's always what's the first prime you want...followed by the second... and then maybe (just maybe) the last... No rush though... For me, i'm juggling (more like struggling) between wide and tele for my first... Not sure about 50mm either...
    yap.. I'm kinda of stuck with which prime lens to get. I'm determined not to get 85mm since I dun like to shoot face. so the choice now will be 28mm, 35mm or 50mm.

Especially 28mm and 35mm. Both are very very close fight in term of wide. 28mm would give a wider shot but then the price is putting me off. While 35mm price is quite reasonable but then I'm afraid i might need much wider at certain situation. While 50mm is confirm half body shot.

its tough to choose between the 2 areas that I would like to take in the future since both areas i'm also interested in.

yap.. I'm kinda of stuck with which prime lens to get. I'm determined not to get 85mm since I dun like to shoot face. so the choice now will be 28mm, 35mm or 50mm.

Especially 28mm and 35mm. Both are very very close fight in term of wide. 28mm would give a wider shot but then the price is putting me off. While 35mm price is quite reasonable but then I'm afraid i might need much wider at certain situation. While 50mm is confirm half body shot.

its tough to choose between the 2 areas that I would like to take in the future since both areas i'm also interested in.
    Dude, the reason why I'm considering 85mm is not because I want to shoot face... Given the recent experience... taking shots of my kid going up the stage, and everywhere up front being cordoned off... you'll need a tele for that kind shot... Or maybe I should leave that to a 70-200 zoom... but no way you can enjoy f/1.8 for zooms...

Anyway, I understand why you are going for wides... you've stated your reasons previously. :-)
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 14th September 2010 at 06:23 PM.

Oh well, can forget about the 35mm f/1.4... looks like they are going to blow it up to 2K and over... Nano coating... bummer... The hope is kinda short lived.

Oh well, can forget about the 35mm f/1.4... looks like they are going to blow it up to 2K and over... Nano coating... bummer... The hope is kinda short lived.
    oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... there goes my hope......

Blog Entries

Rumor has it the RRP will be 1.8k USD.

which also means it will cost SGD at least 2.3

That kind of price, plus a bit of top up, I can get my 70-200mm VR II... too rich for my blood...

Hooookay... I better be guai guai and look only at cheaper and more affordable alternatives...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 14th September 2010 at 09:17 PM.

which also means it will cost SGD at least 2.3
    top it up a bit.. you get a second hand D700....

Blog Entries

That kind of price, plus a bit of top up, I can get my 70-200mm VR II... too rich for my blood...

Hooookay... I better be guai guai and look only at cheaper and more affordable alternatives...
    Nano coat... slightly cheaper than the 24/1.4 only... very kua zhang right?
    Last edited by daredevil123; 14th September 2010 at 09:26 PM.

Nano coat... slight cheaper than the 24/1.4 only... very kua zhang right?
    Damn kua Zhang... but hey, my 60mm Macro has NANO too.. of course it's only f/2.8... costs less than 1k... That boils down to aperture and element size (heavier glasses?)...