Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021242944 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 1009

Thread: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

  1. #361
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by Ongoinglearner View Post
    Actually not all items are cheap but it happened that yesterday when my friend was there to look for harddisk and so happen one of my school mates (from another booth) was there selling and we checked the prices. So we found out the prices of the WD HD was quite cheap. Don't ask me which one sorry, too many names to remember but I kind of recall there's one named Essential or something.
    I bought my WD 1TB in the last IT show for $139 only leh.

  2. #362

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I bought my WD 1TB in the last IT show for $139 only leh.
    Ya, the WD HD is cheap. Erm I think your price for 1TB is cheaper. If I recall correctly, the price was about $179, another booth was selling $200++.
    D90, 18-105mm f/ 3.5-5.6G, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D.

  3. #363
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    need a good wider angle prime badly... decisions decisions....
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  4. #364

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    need a good wider angle prime badly... decisions decisions....
    wah whr have you been?!? haven't 'seen' you for the past week. haha. now you also looking for wide angle primes ar? you can go on the search together with DD123 already
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

  5. #365

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I bought my WD 1TB in the last IT show for $139 only leh.
    waho.. urs is 3.5" or 2.5"?
    the design like the book version?

    if its 3.5" its consider quite cheap.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  6. #366
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    wah whr have you been?!? haven't 'seen' you for the past week. haha. now you also looking for wide angle primes ar? you can go on the search together with DD123 already
    Busy with work and other hobby loh... Well, the prime I need is more for indoor shots... maybe I need two primes... one for wide, one for long... f/2.8 on my 60mm Macro just doesn't cut it...need to up the ISO like siao, by then the noise level like crazy also...

    hopefully f/1.4 and f/1.8... 35mm f/1.8 is one consideration, but dunno wide enough or not...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  7. #367
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    waho.. urs is 3.5" or 2.5"?
    the design like the book version?

    if its 3.5" its consider quite cheap.
    The smaller the better, and the costlier too... dunno I need to get a second portable..but I'm holding my breath until they come up with cheap solid state drives...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  8. #368

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    The smaller the better, and the costlier too... dunno I need to get a second portable..but I'm holding my breath until they come up with cheap solid state drives...
    2.5" is portable ma..

    3.5" die die muz power by power plug.

    Is just a matter of you wan portable or non-portable.
    you wan cheap then die die only non-portable.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  9. #369
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    2.5" is portable ma..

    3.5" die die muz power by power plug.

    Is just a matter of you wan portable or non-portable.
    you wan cheap then die die only non-portable.
    Actually 2.5 inch quite cheap these days already... 500 to 600 GB about less than 200 bucks already... Haven't reached TB yet, so no need to get the "bookcase" version..

    I'm still halfway through my 2.5...storing much images (work and DSLR)
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 8th September 2010 at 12:15 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  10. #370

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Busy with work and other hobby loh... Well, the prime I need is more for indoor shots... maybe I need two primes... one for wide, one for long... f/2.8 on my 60mm Macro just doesn't cut it...need to up the ISO like siao, by then the noise level like crazy also...

    hopefully f/1.4 and f/1.8... 35mm f/1.8 is one consideration, but dunno wide enough or not...
    35mm not wide enough. Get the 20mm.....

    Or u can consider 11-16 or 10-24 but not prime lens....
    A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.

  11. #371
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by winkoo88 View Post
    35mm not wide enough. Get the 20mm.....

    Or u can consider 11-16 or 10-24 but not prime lens....
    Bro... both of the above have f/1.8 and above meh? If not, you're asking me to waste $$$...

    I don't need UWA... that I already have. Need a just wide enough but not too wide - important thing is f/1.4 or f/1.8.... Sigma 30mm I will think about it... but not sure about quality...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  12. #372

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    I don't need UWA... that I already have. Need a just wide enough but not too wide - important thing is f/1.4 or f/1.8.... Sigma 30mm I will think about it... but not sure about quality...
    I try the 30mm before...good but price is more exp VS 35mm. (Quality wise - I think u have to test it out.)

    U can ask DD123, he got his 24mm... Good lens (from the pic he post was sharp)

    Bro, if u buy any great prime lens do post it here to poison us, ok...

    f1.4, f1.8 ............. SWEE!!!
    A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.

  13. #373
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Busy with work and other hobby loh... Well, the prime I need is more for indoor shots... maybe I need two primes... one for wide, one for long... f/2.8 on my 60mm Macro just doesn't cut it...need to up the ISO like siao, by then the noise level like crazy also...

    hopefully f/1.4 and f/1.8... 35mm f/1.8 is one consideration, but dunno wide enough or not...
    hi everyone!


    just curious what you're shooting that you need faster than an f/2.8 macro lens
    Exploring! :)

  14. #374
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bkt Timah
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    9 months old D90 user reporting in
    Nikon D90 | Flickr

  15. #375
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by AlvinOMG View Post
    9 months old D90 user reporting in
    welcome welcome!
    So you are quite 'lao jiao' already with this baby.... do share any tips you have picked up... maybe shortcuts you have configured on your D90's menu.
    Or feel free to try and 'poison' us with new gear to buy!
    Exploring! :)

  16. #376
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    waho.. urs is 3.5" or 2.5"?
    the design like the book version?

    if its 3.5" its consider quite cheap.
    It is the bigger one. Ya, look like a thick book..

  17. #377
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by winkoo88 View Post
    35mm not wide enough. Get the 20mm.....
    Quote Originally Posted by winkoo88 View Post
    I try the 30mm before...good but price is more exp VS 35mm. (Quality wise - I think u have to test it out.)

    U can ask DD123, he got his 24mm... Good lens (from the pic he post was sharp)

    Bro, if u buy any great prime lens do post it here to poison us, ok...

    f1.4, f1.8 ............. SWEE!!!
    Sigma 24/1.8 reporting in... Look at the bokeh...


    Compare to the Sigma 20/1.8. I think I made the right choice in going for the 24/1.8


    Recent shots with the Sigma 24/1.8
    AF micro adjustment set to +20. Will reset to zero once I get the lens calibrated at Sigma next monday.
    And, pictures are PPed, but I did not have to add any sharpening to the pics. All pics shot wide open.
    I have found my groove. Now I know why I seldom shoot with the 35/1.8... I enjoy shooting slightly wider. 24mm on DX will feel like a 35mm wide normal lens. People shots still not distorted.





    Last edited by daredevil123; 12th September 2010 at 06:50 AM.

  18. #378

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Sigma 24/1.8 reporting in... Look at the bokeh...


    Compare to the Sigma 20/1.8. I think I made the right choice in going for the 24/1.8


    Bro, really poison sia... Sigma 24/1.8 SWEE...
    A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.

  19. #379
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Thank you for the Sigma 24mm review, nice images there. Looks like a lens worth considering. Are all of them shot wide open? Yeah, that's why I'm not rushing to get any f/1.8 lens yet (but the Sigma in question is very tempting), as i'm hoping for wider options (one you can shoot widest and also gives you sharp contrasty images). Care to share what's the damage?

    Was under the weather for the last couple of days, just resurrected from a two-day hibernation under heavy med - victim of the common flu bug...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 12th September 2010 at 12:13 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  20. #380
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Thank you for the Sigma 24mm review, nice images there. Looks like a lens worth considering. Are all of them shot wide open? Yeah, that's why I'm not rushing to get any f/1.8 lens yet (but the Sigma in question is very tempting), as i'm hoping for wider options (one you can shoot widest and also gives you sharp contrasty images). Care to share what's the damage?

    Was under the weather for the last couple of days, just resurrected from a two-day hibernation under heavy med - victim of the common flu bug...
    Yes, all the example pics I posted are shot at F1.8.

    If you want wider, You have to look at the F1.4 for autofocus lenses.

    And for the wide prime it is the 24/1.4 AFS. That lens is cost slightly under $2.9k.

    The other F1.4 AF lenses are:

    85/1.4D - ~$1.8k
    50/1.4G - ~$800
    50/1.4D - ~$500
    Sigma 50/1.4 - ~$825
    Sigma 30/1.4 (DX lens) - ~$720

    Sigma 20/1.8 - ~$880
    Sigma 24/1.8 - ~$720

    You can consider MF lenses, there are some F1.4 ones. Cheaper but some like the 85/1.4 and 35/1.4 Ai/Ais are not cheap. Wide primes are also very hard to to do manual focusing especially on D90 due to small viewfinder. And no metering for D90 also.

    But bro, 1.8 to 1.4 is only half to 2/3 stops difference. But for some lenses, 85mm and wide prime in particular, the increase in price is exponential. So you really have to balance it out.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 12th September 2010 at 04:23 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •