Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202540 ... LastLast

Thread: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    Now you mention about shooting indoor. Yes I do need to shoot indoor at times due to sometime need to take group photos. I find UWA could do a better job. Issue about corner sharpness.. I can I can live with it. the most when shooting leave some space for cropping it off when required. I assume concert hall all these it should be able to do a good job if I were to be right in front.
    juz to share my tot, i am looking at either 11-16 or 12-24 tokina too,

but my qns to myself would be: i will be more outdoor or indoor? and if indoor there will be flash involved etc...
    imo 11-16 is really wide and sometime to take indoor and the limited zoom, u need to change lens or go real close. otherwise the pic look "funny"

yet to try both lens thus cant really say much. but seeing alot of review, more are keen on 11-16. then it will be a pure UWA.
    but a 12-24 will give u a bit of balance.

Last edited by quizesilver; 31st August 2010 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post

but my qns to myself would be: i will be more outdoor or indoor? and if indoor there will be flash involved etc...
    imo 11-16 is really wide and sometime to take indoor and the limited zoom, u need to change lens or go real close. otherwise the pic look "funny"

yet to try both lens thus cant really say much. but seeing alot of review, more are keen on 11-16. then it will be a pure UWA.

Tough making a decision isn't it? It's not no $$$, more like which one to pick from? 12-24 will definitely give you the angles you need including getting closer to subject, but lack the power for indoor shoots... unless you use flash (which is still an option).

How nice if Tokina covers 11-24mm f/2.8 (for extended range), or Nikon/Tamron 10-24mm f/2.8 (for wide aperture)? problem solved for either pick...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    If you shoot quite a number of indoors especially concerts and theaters, yes Tokina 11-16 should be your choice. I'm not against Tok 11-16, btw. It's just that my preference would be maybe a wide prime (not that wide as in UWA). Still looking and taking my time...

So beside Australia, any other vacation destinations have you made, skylover? Me about to look for ideas now... family sized one...
    I'm looking at Japan, Taiwan, Rendang etc.

lolx..good to qns ownself first before buying. its good that if the qns you ask yourself can be answered. it would mean you are thinking about the consequence and usage of the lens.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

I'm looking at Japan, Taiwan, Rendang etc.

lolx..good to qns ownself first before buying. its good that if the qns you ask yourself can be answered. it would mean you are thinking about the consequence and usage of the lens.
    Hokkaido???

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    So you just answered your own question. F2.8 is what you need.
    haha.. lolx.. anybody could take a photo with the lens 11-16 and 12-24 on the same spot to see the difference? any kind soul?

if that is impossible how about with a ruler?
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Hokkaido???
    yes yes.. my gf has been pestering me tt.. but she wan to go Taiwan first.. scout there to c if the place is nice to take our own photo cause she got lobang for the rental of wedding dress there..

yes yes.. my gf has been pestering me tt.. but she wan to go Taiwan first.. scout there to c if the place is nice to take our own photo cause she got lobang for the rental of wedding dress there..
    Your gf Taiwanese isit??

Tough making a decision isn't it? It's not no $$$, more like which one to pick from? 12-24 will definitely give you the angles you need including getting closer to subject, but lack the power for indoor shoots... unless you use flash (which is still an option).

How nice if Tokina covers 11-24mm f/2.8 (for extended range), or Nikon/Tamron 10-24mm f/2.8 (for wide aperture)? problem solved for either pick...
    haha true, but there is quite a difference in the pricing for
    tokina
    11-16 abt $940
    12-24 abt $750

nikon
    10-24 maybe u can fill in the price.

tai chung shld have some place for shot.

Your gf Taiwanese isit??
    nope.. Pure Singaporean.. just that she has friends whom are Taiwan..

tokina
    11-16 abt $940
    12-24 abt $750

nikon
    if only 10-24 can have f2.8 or below. That will solve the problem without having to buy 2 of them.

tokina
    11-16 abt $940
    12-24 abt $750

nikon
    Nikon piece $13XX Can buy two lenses, but I prefer its distortion control, less PP to worry about.

haha.. lolx.. anybody could take a photo with the lens 11-16 and 12-24 on the same spot to see the difference? any kind soul?

if that is impossible how about with a ruler?
    tot krieg show some sample at different mm.
    his is 10-24 cover all the range.

did a quick search...
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/10-24mm.htm

then u may have a better idea.

tot krieg show some sample at different mm.
    his is 10-24 cover all the range.
    I just covered 10-12mm... Maybe he wants to compare between 16-24mm...

I just covered 10-12mm... Maybe he wants to compare between 16-24mm...
    ya.. i wan to compare the different range..

You should use the Nikon lens simulator - available from Nikon USA's website... shows you the lengths with images to show the differences

bro. getting married soon?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    bro. getting married soon?
    lolx.. nope.. hahah.. at least 3 more years..

You should use the Nikon lens simulator - available from Nikon USA's website... shows you the lengths with images to show the differences
    er.. tt 1 kinda of not to my desire test leh..
    kinda of small also.. the image cannot side by side..
    I'm looking at sth like the one you did.. 10mm, 12mm, 20mm.. etc.. den side by side kinda of shots.

That was my initial headache when I was choosing between 10-24 and 11-16 dude, both got their pros and cons. You can't have your cake and it eat - so you have to consider everything. You say indoor shots are important for you, one question - how often would you go to concerts? 10 times a year or just 1/2/3 times, versus how often would you do landscape shoots? Forever or short term? When you get married and settle down, would you still go to concerts? Would you still go out at night very often? Questions questions.

After much deliberations, I started to know my answers clearly, hence I went for 10-24mm... Why not Nikon 12-24 you say? Well, distortion bothers me, and at 12mm (12-24) the distortion is the worst... whereas for 10-24, 10mm is the worst until you bring it down/up to 12mm or so... Therefore, you can say that 10-24 kinda help cover the distortion problems in 12-24mm... f4? Well, since I already know I don't do indoors that much (in the long term) as compared to outdoors, the answer is pretty obvious for me...

Lastly, if I want nice indoors, it would be at least 35mm f/1.8... why? 1.8 okay!!!!! or else Sigma 30mm f/1.8?

Last lastly, 16mm is still pretty wide (still great for some far shots)... but for group photos (where you need to get closer) you want peeps at the edge to distort like mad (sure, if you don't like them anyway)? lolz!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 31st August 2010 at 03:37 PM.