Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast

Thread: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    bo dai ji lei, just that i think everyone over the F1 fab... hahahaha

me me me, waiting for nikon to release a 10-35 2.8 for FX that can take filters
    hahahahahha,
    Really? It's not even in Singapore yet (for this year that is). Actually, I'm going not strictly because of F1 but generally in the name of auto-sports photography - would love to hear from the experts (their angles, their ideas, etc), the kind of lenses they use (oh yeah, probably killer zooms and/or primes = $$$$). A chance to learn how to maximise the use of AF-C mode and High-FPS.... It's addictive!

Sure, if Nikon does that lens at S$4000, would you go for it? It seems to be the going prices for new Nikkors these days, particular top end ones (some much higher)... Given that you're pushing for more focal length on the lens and at 2.8.... I won't be surprised that the price will be worth that kind of spec/quality, not to mention super heavy due to larger sets of glass elements - very likely plasticky exterior. They would have to set the price that high or else they would knock out and kill the 14-24mm from its high pedestal. If you only want cheap and good, I highly doubt the quality of the images will be that good. You're talking about Nikkor, if it's really good they won't price it low...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 31st August 2010 at 07:05 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

I won't be getting it so soon. No money. Haha. I cannot go for the F1 seminar. I won't be in Singapore. Haha
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by winkoo88 View Post
    f1.2....

wow, poison...BBB

My god UWA i'm coming... ...Anyway who is buying UWA??
    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Smiles88 and Skylover are still looking to get theirs, I wonder if they've already gotten it... Since it's month's end already.

Wah, so when are you plonking for the Tokina 11-16? Quite a number of second-hands in the B n S now you know? $$ to save?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    I won't be getting it so soon. No money. Haha. I cannot go for the F1 seminar. I won't be in Singapore. Haha
    I'm planning to get it but not so fast yet. $ is an issue at the moment..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    I'm planning to get it but not so fast yet. $ is an issue at the moment..

Me too, must take the next step carefully for this one, too expensive liao.
    D90, 18-105mm f/ 3.5-5.6G, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D.

Quote Originally Posted by Ongoinglearner View Post
    Me too, must take the next step carefully for this one, too expensive liao.
    haha.. yap.. anyway.. i still wan to test out.. 10-24, 12-24 and 11-16 again..
    wonder if anybody got all 3 of them =/
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

btw, I just noticed that when you guys type ogl don't put ing behind hor.
    D90, 18-105mm f/ 3.5-5.6G, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D.

Quote Originally Posted by Ongoinglearner View Post
    btw, I just noticed that when you guys type ogl don't put ing behind hor.
    y need the ing?

if put ing wun it become ogingl?

that person will be super rich!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    No one will own all 3 lenses. It is not practical, and not a smart thing to do.

bro, it will become OGLing. meaning he's looking at some ladies. or maybe......
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    haha ya agree! but maybe there are really some who will try all 3 lens and give their feedback.

Not really... probably at some UWA...

Confirm sure have one... the stores...

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    lolx..
    I need some opinion.. Putting side distortion which is something the 3 lens sure have..
    which lens would be a better option? 11-16? 10-24 or 12-24?
    I'm leaning towards 10-24 or 12-24 actually..
    lolx..

Blog Entries

lolx..

I need some opinion.. Putting side distortion which is something the 3 lens sure have..
    which lens would be a better option? 11-16? 10-24 or 12-24?
    I'm leaning towards 10-24 or 12-24 actually..

lolx..
    If 12-24 you mean the Sigma 12-24, I would drop that from my list immediately. It is more of a FF lens. On APS-C you do not get to go too wide but at the same time you lose the ability to use any filters and have to pay more for the lens. If you really want this range, I suggest the Tokina 12-24/4

Tokina 11-16/2.8 is an excellent lens. It gives you the ability to shoot low light at F2.8. But you lose some range on the longer end. The thing is you have to decide if a larger constant aperture is what you need. I use F2.8 from time to time, using UWA to shoot interior and dark alleys. So it is indispensable for me.

10-24, Nikon or Tamron, I have no experience with. Best to ask Kreig and Ghaz

Sigma 10-20 is a very nice lens. The corner sharpness is not as sharp as Toki 11-16 (actually none are). Just make sure you do not get the F3.5 version which I think is a waste of money.

In the end, it depends on how you shoot/or how you would like to shoot. If you want to use UWA in dark street or indoor shooting, The Toki is the right one for you. If you are on a budget but still want good quality, Tokina 12-24 and Sigma 10-20/4-5.6 are the ones you should go for.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 31st August 2010 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Really? It's not even in Singapore yet (for this year that is). Actually, I'm going not strictly because of F1 but generally in the name of auto-sports photography - would love to hear from the experts (their angles, their ideas, etc), the kind of lenses they use (oh yeah, probably killer zooms and/or primes = $$$$). A chance to learn how to maximise the use of AF-C mode and High-FPS.... It's addictive!

Sure, if Nikon does that lens at S$4000, would you go for it? It seems to be the going prices for new Nikkors these days, particular top end ones (some much higher)... Given that you're pushing for more focal length on the lens and at 2.8.... I won't be surprised that the price will be worth that kind of spec/quality, not to mention super heavy due to larger sets of glass elements - very likely plasticky exterior. They would have to set the price that high or else they would knock out and kill the 14-24mm from its high pedestal. If you only want cheap and good, I highly doubt the quality of the images will be that good. You're talking about Nikkor, if it's really good they won't price it low...

good u see it that way, i had my fair share of covering the F1 not to my liking but it was for video lah, hehehhe, but i sappork u in ya F1 endeavor...

as for that lens im just dreaming a dream, even if it comes to reality i still would not get it, never had a chance to play with the 14-24, think the only FX wide angle i prefer is the nikon 17-35 2.8, which i still cant bring my self to get it, as i shoot landscapes like on a rare basis,
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

If 12-24 you mean the Sigma 12-24, I would drop that from my list immediately. It is more of a FF lens. On APS-C you do not get to go too wide but at the same time you lose the ability to use any filters and have to pay more for the lens. If you really want this range, I suggest the Tokina 12-24/4

Tokina 11-16/2.8 is an excellent lens. It gives you the ability to shoot low light at F2.8. But you lose some range on the longer end. The thing is you have to decide if a larger constant aperture is what you need. I use F2.8 from time to time, using UWA to shoot interior and dark alleys. So it is indispensable for me.

10-24, Nikon or Tamron, I have no experience with. Best to ask Kreig and Ghaz

Sigma 10-20 is a very nice lens. The corner sharpness is not as sharp as Toki 11-16 (actually none are). Just make sure you do not get the F3.5 version which I think is a waste of money.

In the end, it depends on how you shoot/or how you would like to shoot. If you want to use UWA in dark street or indoor shooting, The Toki is the right one for you. If you are on a budget but still want good quality, Tokina 12-24 and Sigma 10-20/4-5.6 are the ones you should go for.
    Now you mention about shooting indoor. Yes I do need to shoot indoor at times due to sometime need to take group photos. I find UWA could do a better job. Issue about corner sharpness.. I can I can live with it. the most when shooting leave some space for cropping it off when required. I assume concert hall all these it should be able to do a good job if I were to be right in front.

Blog Entries

Now you mention about shooting indoor. Yes I do need to shoot indoor at times due to sometime need to take group photos. I find UWA could do a better job. Issue about corner sharpness.. I can I can live with it. the most when shooting leave some space for cropping it off when required. I assume concert hall all these it should be able to do a good job if I were to be right in front.
    So you just answered your own question. F2.8 is what you need.

If you shoot quite a number of indoors especially concerts and theaters, yes Tokina 11-16 should be your choice. I'm not against Tok 11-16, btw. It's just that my preference would be maybe a wide prime (not that wide as in UWA). Still looking and taking my time...

So beside Australia, any other vacation destinations have you made, skylover? Me about to look for ideas now... family sized one...

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    good u see it that way, i had my fair share of covering the F1 not to my liking but it was for video lah, hehehhe, but i sappork u in ya F1 endeavor...

as for that lens im just dreaming a dream, even if it comes to reality i still would not get it, never had a chance to play with the 14-24, think the only FX wide angle i prefer is the nikon 17-35 2.8, which i still cant bring my self to get it, as i shoot landscapes like on a rare basis,
    Thanks for your sappork! Dunno will actually cover the F1 event or not. But keen to hear what the experts have to say before going too deep with it. Since the opportunity is there, why not just sit in and listen? - I asked myself.

Well, I think before I move on to FF then will I look at FF lenses... at the moment, I'm too preoccupied with my DX lens to think about anything else - compositions, to filter or not, etc... 14-24 & 17-35 have been on my sights before, but prefer getting second hand than first (just a thought), but at the moment not so hot on them since my 10-24 is already on a 15-36mm FOV (equivalent on FF that is). Aiyah, take your time lah...no rush!

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast