Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Thread: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Default Re: D90 Poison Club - TCSS Part I

Quote Originally Posted by winkoo88 View Post
    guys,

need some feedback from you all. Looking for a uwa lens but can't decide which 1 to get, any comments or feedback???

Tokina 11-16mm
    sigma 10-20mm
    tarmon 10-24mm

bbb
    11-16 ftw!!
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Guys,

Need some feedback from you all. Looking for a UWA lens but can't decide which 1 to get, any comments or feedback???

Tokina 11-16mm
    Sigma 10-20mm
    Tarmon 10-24mm
    Tamron 10-24mm

All shot at optimum settings >f8.
    Vision is more important than gear

I am consistently amazed by the amount of detail the Tammy can resolve:

Yup, loving my Tammy to bits!
    Last edited by Ghaz1; 29th August 2010 at 07:21 AM.
    Vision is more important than gear

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    The base plate is slimmer (verticle sides, versus E's sloped sides). And the tightening knob for the Arca Swiss plate is shorter - doesn't protrude...

Personally I like the look of Q3E's sloped base - the markers are nicer. But in terms of pratically, T model fits the ball-head base plate that came with Sirui's tripods - no excessive over-hangs... I guess Q3T fits my tripod better, especially when you reverse fold...
    I prefer the curve of the Q3E's profile...
    There's a history behind that shape. Something about a famous Korean bell.
    Anyway my Q3E fits my tripod base perfectly. So if getting Sirui, got to ponder whether E or T is better!
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I prefer the curve of the Q3E's profile...
    There's a history behind that shape. Something about a famous Korean bell.
    Anyway my Q3E fits my tripod base perfectly. So if getting Sirui, got to ponder whether E or T is better!
    Don't make me gian can or not? Some Sirui models, like mine, come with two base plates (one small, one large)... I'm using the small one (in the picture earlier). I presume the larger one is for larger based ball-heads. But I believe I'm going the right route (It took me several days just to decide between E and T model)... smaller plate + smaller based Q3T means lesser weight to log around... Oh, mine is light weight enough (about 1.5 to 1.6 kg) for me, but after a full day of logging around on feet - you can certainly feel it.

Skylover, resistance is futile... You're in an imminent collision path with the Markins Bell... I mean Ballhead...

Winkoo88.... Me and ZCA- we be planning a dance party just for you! If it tickles your fancy we can also throw in the pole routine...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 29th August 2010 at 11:45 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Don't make me gian can or not? Some Sirui models, like mine, come with two base plates (one small, one large)... I'm using the small one (in the picture earlier). I presume the larger one is for larger based ball-heads. But I believe I'm going the right route (It took me several days just to decide between E and T model)... smaller plate + smaller based Q3T means lesser weight to log around... Oh, mine is light weight enough (about 1.5 to 1.6 kg) for me, but after a full day of logging around on feet - you can certainly feel it.

Skylover, resistance is futile... You're in an imminent collision path with the Markins Bell... I mean Ballhead...

Winkoo88.... Me and ZCA- we be planning a dance party just for you! If it tickles your fancy we can also throw in the pole routine...
    lolx.. my gf has plan for overseas trip. I cannot spend $ liao.. Some more she wan to go Japan. A super expensive country.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Guys,

Need some feedback from you all. Looking for a UWA lens but can't decide which 1 to get, any comments or feedback???

Tokina 11-16mm
    Sigma 10-20mm
    Tarmon 10-24mm

BBB
    My choice would be the first two. 10-24 should be okay if you generally shoot naturescape... check the review on dpreview, the distortion is across the entire focal range... would be quite crazy if you shoot cityscapes - imaging curvy vertical building lines. My two cents of course. It'd also depends on the shooting angle to avoid such issues.

Of the above two, Sigma 10-20 has better distortion control - most severe barrel at the wide open (as expected). Great for both naturescape and cityscape. But will loose out on indoor-scape (moving people will be blurred unless you use high ISO).

Tokina, has distortion across the board as well, but best for indoor-scapes (among the 3) due to larger aperture at f/2.8 - sharp lens overall. This lens is best for naturescape and indoorscape. Cityscape will depend on angle.

Boils down to your shooting style, subject preference, and the need learn to live with the lens' short-comings. No one lens is perfect. Just as my UWA would suck at indoors, due to the aperture. However, my priority lies with nature and cityscapes, hence my choice. Indoor wise, I'd have to rely on high ISO or take out the Big Stopper (once I have it) to remove the fidgety peeps... lol

If you have $$ to spend, BBB Tokina and Sigma. As both will offset each other's weakness - compliment each other... lolz
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 29th August 2010 at 12:13 PM.

kriegsketten you can open a review website to review all the lens and products in photography liao..

More like you are going into writing review and recommendation..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Nooooo .Tk ran out of T2204 tripods T_T

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    Nooooo .Tk ran out of T2204 tripods T_T
    hahahhahhahah................ order from them and wait or get another one..

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    hahahhahhahah................ order from them and wait or get another one..
    They asked me to wait for next month . Sad liao

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    kriegsketten you can open a review website to review all the lens and products in photography liao..

More like you are going into writing review and recommendation..
    D90, 18-105mm f/ 3.5-5.6G, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    They asked me to wait for next month . Sad liao
    lolx.. get other tripod lor.. Manfotto.. Gitzo... =/

Quote Originally Posted by Ongoinglearner View Post
    lolx.. I will seriously recommend him to be our reviewer liao.. so pro in this area..

Guys, I'm not qualified lah...first of all, I draw my conclusions from the reviews of others - Hence, they are the research work of others not mine. Just trying to give you my point of view, that's all...

Secondly, I don't think I can do an in-depth review like Dpreview (hope he can cover even more lenses). Where can you get tools to measure the resolution figures like he did?

Anyway, just not qualified lah...

Edit: Dpreview should be Photozone... Indicated wrong website...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 29th August 2010 at 10:02 PM.

Guys, I'm not qualified lah...first of all, I draw my conclusions from the reviews of others - Hence, they are the research work of others not mine. Just trying to give you my point of view, that's all...

Secondly, I don't think I can do an in-depth review like Dpreview (hope he can cover even more lenses). Where can you get tools to measure the resolution figures like he did?

Anyway, just not qualified lah...
    hahah... still that is quite good enough for us to think about it and make decisive decision.

Sounds like KRW
    Must take with pinch of salt...

somebody really loves his Nikon 10-24

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Sounds like KRW
    Must take with pinch of salt...

somebody really loves his Nikon 10-24
    I sound like KRW?? Geez thanks pal, for associating me with him...

I don't think me liking my lens has anything to do with the above recommendations? I didn't even ask winkoo88 to consider Nikon 10-24, since it was not one of his options. I wonder which part of my view points indicates that I love my lens that much...

Edit: I get the hint, me will shut up from now on.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 29th August 2010 at 11:26 PM.

Aiyah... kidding kidding!

Basically i meant we shouldn't place too much emphasis on the reviews.
    I was really keen on getting the Tammy 10-24 at first. Actually called MS Color to reserve. Then for some reason I was led to believe that the IQ from the Tammy wasn't so good. So, based on reviews ona few sites (including the "beloved" KRW), I went for the Tok 12-24 instead.
    Though I prefer the build quality, I've recently been proven wrong about the Tammy's IQ. Quite impressive
    The distortions they "complain" about aren't really a big deal for us hobbyists

Bro ZCA, have a safe trip later on! Enjoy it! N most importantly, shoot more! Haha
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Bro ZCA, have a safe trip later on! Enjoy it! N most importantly, shoot more! Haha
    I will tks!
    You guys should meet up whilst I'm away

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast