Thread: Lightroom 3 Help

Default Lightroom 3 Help

Hi all.

Have a LR3 question here.

Right now I have all of my photos on a single partition and it's occasionally backed up to an external HDD. Everything in LR3 points to that single partition (e.g. E:\).

I am thinking of upgrading that disk partition to a bigger, newer drive. How do I transfer everything from E:\ to a new drive partition (e.g. F:\) and get LR3 to point to the F:\ without me losing all of my previous edits?

Thanks!

Default Re: Lightroom 3 Help

under the 'Library' tab on the left, it will list the folder that has been registered in the catalog.

if i dun remember wrongly, u right click on the old folder in the left panel and select the new location of the folder

Oh found out already. Thanks.

So technically, if I have my catalog file + photos on a single external hdd, I can plug it into any computer with LR3 installed and edit it?

yes that is correct. but i do not know if u will lose some editing information like tagging

just update the catalog in the new computer to point to the new photos location

Quote Originally Posted by JJLoke View Post
    yes that is correct. but i do not know if u will lose some editing information like tagging

just update the catalog in the new computer to point to the new photos location
    Thanks a lot!

Welcome