Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I've got a unhealthy mindset/mentality

Default Re: I've got a unhealthy mindset/mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    I did not say quick test... but when I buy a lens, I will shoot it for around 30mins to check for various issue.... Usually, when I want to buy, then I do this test....

1. check physical condition
    2. Check for dusts
    3. Test color and saturation of lens
    4. Test sharpness (centre, edge)
    5. Test different range... eg. 24 - 105... test at 24, 35, 70, 105mm......
    6. Test different aperture...
    7. test different focusing point.....
    wow.. u must know the staff well to let u test for so long? what if
    u end up not satisfied with the product and decided not to get it? :x

Quote Originally Posted by NikonMI6 View Post
    wow.. u must know the staff well to let u test for so long? what if
    u end up not satisfied with the product and decided not to get it? :x
    I do not really know the staff well... just when I want to buy, then I will do this test.... but I usually go MS or CP... so their service quite ok......

If the first one I am not satisfied, I request a second copy and compare and then, if still cannot, apologise, and ask them to let me know when have new stock..... and will buy from them..... So I will confirm the better price location first before buying....

Usually, if it is sharp... you can see the difference... or have focusing problem..... just that edge sharpest, you must know what to expect first.... say a lens that is corner soft.... 17-40mm... I can test and tell them it is not sharp at the edges....

Remember, you are the customer, and they have to serve you.... and if their service sucks, then, look for other shop.... so far for me, I am quite ok with MS and CP.....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Blog Entries

I do not really know the staff well... just when I want to buy, then I will do this test.... but I usually go MS or CP... so their service quite ok......

If the first one I am not satisfied, I request a second copy and compare and then, if still cannot, apologise, and ask them to let me know when have new stock..... and will buy from them..... So I will confirm the better price location first before buying....

Usually, if it is sharp... you can see the difference... or have focusing problem..... just that edge sharpest, you must know what to expect first.... say a lens that is corner soft.... 17-40mm... I can test and tell them it is not sharp at the edges....

Remember, you are the customer, and they have to serve you.... and if their service sucks, then, look for other shop.... so far for me, I am quite ok with MS and CP.....
    i like ms colors

u've got a point too.. we are the customers and they are in the service industries..
    i've got another question.. how exactly did u test for sharpness? take a photo and
    upload to your laptop and view at 100%? or zoom in on your camera and make your
    own decisions with your eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i like ms colors
    CP not a bad place too.. have met a really friendly guy when getting my tripod there..

u've got a point too.. we are the customers and they are in the service industries..
    i've got another question.. how exactly did u test for sharpness? take a photo and
    upload to your laptop and view at 100%? or zoom in on your camera and make your
    own decisions with your eyes?
    No... I did not load onto the lap top.... pixel peep... and see the image... if you use lap top, it will be better.... but generally, as long as you know what to expect and the color and sharpness look ok, you can purchase...

But you should be clear between hand shake, bokeh, and sharpness.... ever seen people complain picture not clear... lousy camera... then see the aperture is at f2 or something.....

CP not a bad place too.. have met a really friendly guy when getting my tripod there..
    CP service are ok.... but their prices are not so competitive nowadays..... so I will go for cheaper alternative... always do your survey and know which place offer the best deal before buying.......

Blog Entries

ms color absorbed my 7% ontop of the already competitive prices. always good to have good contacts

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    ms color absorbed my 7% ontop of the already competitive prices. always good to have good contacts
    haha.. so next time round we together go buy lens? :x

Blog Entries

haha.. so next time round we together go buy lens? :x
    cannot abuse. or else they cant earn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234