Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Affordable multipurpose film

Haven't been using Kodak films in a long time. Somehow, their colour rendition reminds me of the 1980s.... where warm is good.

To me, cooler colours in Fuji films are more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    Haven't been using Kodak films in a long time. Somehow, their colour rendition reminds me of the 1980s.... where warm is good.

To me, cooler colours in Fuji films are more appealing.
    If I'm not put off by the "watermelon-sized" grains (quoting from some CSer in a post long-time ago) of Kodak MAX 400 I would have still stayed with them. I like warm colours.

But economic sense took the best of me and now Fujifilm gets my money.

I had a senior who told me the legend that the colour of the company determines the colour bias of the emulsions: Kodak = yellow = warmish colours, Fujifilm = green = good for green landscapes, Konica = blue = cooler colours. Anyone care to verify that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao

I had a senior who told me the legend that the colour of the company determines the colour bias of the emulsions: Kodak = yellow = warmish colours, Fujifilm = green = good for green landscapes, Konica = blue = cooler colours. Anyone care to verify that?
    yup I've heard it to from a friend who used to shoot alot in sec sch and jc, and entered lots of competitions...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12