I’ve got a pretty cool Print module preset this time around. It utilizes the new Custom Print Package feature in Lightroom 3. It’s got room for 15 photos in it which makes a really nice way to show off some travel photos or even a portrait session. Here’s how it works: First download and import the new print template. Look at the directions below and make sure you DON’T install this in the Develop module like you do the rest of the presets. In the Print module, go to User Presets and select the new template. It’ll show a blank page and all you have to do is drag your photos from the filmstrip into it. The bottom left corner is reserved for an Identity Plate so you can put your name (or studio name) there.
Here’s a few samples (Click for a larger version).
(Photo Border option turned off)
(Photo Border option turned on, Page Background Color set to white)
(Photo Border option turned on, Page Background Color set to black)
Customize – you can also customize this one by changing the “Page Background Color” option as well as the Photo Border settings at the top right of the Print module.
These are a little different to install than your usual Develop presets:
1) Unzip the preset zip file on to your desktop
2) Go to the PRINT MODULE (NOTE: THESE ARE NOT DEVELOP PRESETS SO DON’T INSTALL THEM THERE!)
3) Go to the Template Browser on the left. Right click on the words User Presets and choose “Import“.
4) Select the .lrtemplate file you unzipped in Step 1 and click Import (NOTE: DO NOT IMPORT THE ZIP FILE)
• Click here to download the preset.