Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

  1. #1

    Default digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    i lately just bought a 50 litres digicab analogue dry cabinet and i think im facing some problems

    on the first day i bought it.. i set the dial to 12 oclock and the RH dropped and stabilized to 50%

    i put in my cameras and lenses and the RH rose to 55%

    on the 2nd day, the RH droppd to 52%

    ideally it should be in 40-50% RH, so i turned the dial clockwise (towards the red region)

    however, on the third day, it rose to 59-60%!

    would you guys know how to fix this? or is the dry cabinet faulty? i got it less than 3 days ago

    thanks!!

    (im quite worried fungus will grow)
    Last edited by pewpewpew; 25th August 2010 at 07:45 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,701

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    1. try setting your dry cabinet to about RH 45%. Let it stabilize before putting your stuff in.
    2. When you open your cabinet door, the RH will definitely rise due to the atmospheric RH. And also your things that you put in will contribute to the rise of RH value. Eg, your straps on your camera etc.
    3. The dial should be at the blue zone, a bit more to the right . . . red zone is too dry.

    hope this help.

  3. #3
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewpew View Post
    i lately just bought a 50 litres digicab analogue dry cabinet and i think im facing some problems

    on the first day i bought it.. i set the dial to 12 oclock and the RH dropped and stabilized to 50%

    i put in my cameras and lenses and the RH rose to 55%

    on the 2nd day, the RH droppd to 52%

    ideally it should be in 40-50% RH, so i turned the dial clockwise (towards the red region)

    however, on the third day, it rose to 59-60%!

    would you guys know how to fix this? or is the dry cabinet faulty? i got it less than 3 days ago

    thanks!!

    (im quite worried fungus will grow)
    Look in your manual again. Adjust it till it reads around 40-45%. Get a hygrometer to double confirm your setting has stabilized.

    If at the end of today the humidity does not go down to your desired setting it means that the drying device is faulty. Usually it takes about 5 hours at most to reach the setting. The other problem which is not so apparent is that your cabinet is leaking i.e. moisture is seeping into the box.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  4. #4
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,493

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    follow your manual to do the settings...

    the lights for digi cabi is one red one.. to show power.. that should be on all the time..
    the green one, the strength of the light is how powerful the absorbtion or dryness or thingy..

    ya, then your reading increase when you open cos maybe your room the atmosphere not dry enough...

    my room sometimes will have on the aircon, when i open even for quite a while to clear my stuff... oso no change in reading...

    hmm maybe my room super dry~! lol..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  5. #5

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    i havent even opened my cabinet for 2/3 days now..

    dial is blue towards the red zone, hoping to get a 40-50% reading, but so far, it is 55%+

    red light is on and green light is quite bright..

    sian.. i sms'ed the person i bought from (online dealer) so far, no reply from them

  6. #6
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewpew View Post
    i havent even opened my cabinet for 2/3 days now..

    dial is blue towards the red zone, hoping to get a 40-50% reading, but so far, it is 55%+

    red light is on and green light is quite bright..

    sian.. i sms'ed the person i bought from (online dealer) so far, no reply from them
    Some major fault you got there Bro. Send it in for them to take a look. Your got the receipt and warranty right?
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  7. #7

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    yeap i go receipt and warranty

    today, when my dial is at the 2oclock face, it settled down to 53%, i shall set it to 5oclock (almost the end of the red region) to see if i can lower it further to 40-50%

    as i mentioned, i have sms'ed the online retailer and so far no reply from him yet.. such terrible aftersale serrvice

  8. #8

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    the frustrating thing is that ive read thru some threads, people here mention that once the dial is in 12oclock, it shld be 40-50% RH range, now im almost 4oclock and its still 52%...


    i am quite torn whether i shld sent my cabinet back to the dealer.

  9. #9
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,493

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewpew View Post
    the frustrating thing is that ive read thru some threads, people here mention that once the dial is in 12oclock, it shld be 40-50% RH range, now im almost 4oclock and its still 52%...


    i am quite torn whether i shld sent my cabinet back to the dealer.
    if its really not getting any improvements after all this while,

    yes why not.. go ahead and bring it back... it isn't worth it to try to hold on to it and end up have to go thru more hassle just to solvve the issues that it will cause in the future~!!

    tell them the problem and if they don't believe you plug it in on the spot and show them~!! in the face~!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  10. #10
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,389

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewpew View Post
    the frustrating thing is that ive read thru some threads, people here mention that once the dial is in 12oclock, it shld be 40-50% RH range, now im almost 4oclock and its still 52%...
    i am quite torn whether i shld sent my cabinet back to the dealer.
    Get a second hygrometer to confirm the reading. Wouldn't be the first time that the built-in hygrometer is off. It's not wasted money, it still can serve if you get the replacement. Read about the salt test to verify accuracy / calibrate it.
    EOS

  11. #11
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewpew View Post
    the frustrating thing is that ive read thru some threads, people here mention that once the dial is in 12oclock, it shld be 40-50% RH range, now im almost 4oclock and its still 52%...

    i am quite torn whether i shld sent my cabinet back to the dealer.
    Don't understand why you're still procrastinating. Already advised you to send it in to the service centre to let them take a look and rectify or pehaps give you a one to one exchange.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  12. #12

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    hi guys, ive sent the thing in. thanks all for advice

  13. #13

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    Hi there,

    another newbie here.
    also facing some problem w my digi-cab.

    firstly, the RH stays at 57% (@ 12 oclock position). when i position it at 1~2 oclock, RH varies between 53 to 58%. is this normal?
    next, the cabinet is "three-legged"... does the warranty even cover the "body" or just the dehumifier?

    T_T this is my first buy and im so unlucky..

  14. #14

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    Quote Originally Posted by maruko View Post
    Hi there,

    another newbie here.
    also facing some problem w my digi-cab.

    firstly, the RH stays at 57% (@ 12 oclock position). when i position it at 1~2 oclock, RH varies between 53 to 58%. is this normal?
    next, the cabinet is "three-legged"... does the warranty even cover the "body" or just the dehumifier?

    T_T this is my first buy and im so unlucky..
    do you mean there's only 3 pegs? or uneven pegs?

  15. #15

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    Quote Originally Posted by whatjerom View Post
    do you mean there's only 3 pegs? or uneven pegs?
    the front L+R are fixed.
    the back L is fixed. R is screwed on.

    the "rocking" is due the front R & back L are not equal.

    i read the warranty... it states "this product fails to function because of defects in materials or workmanship"... which is not in my case.
    it also states that it "does not cover finishes"... which is very much what i needed for the irritating unstable cabinet.


  16. #16

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    Quote Originally Posted by maruko View Post
    the front L+R are fixed.
    the back L is fixed. R is screwed on.

    the "rocking" is due the front R & back L are not equal.

    i read the warranty... it states "this product fails to function because of defects in materials or workmanship"... which is not in my case.
    it also states that it "does not cover finishes"... which is very much what i needed for the irritating unstable cabinet.

    I got the same problem with you too! I just gotten my digicabi yesterday. Well. no choice lo. I stuffed a paper underneath, the back L....

    As for your Rh, i think it's normal. i set it around 12 oclock abit to 1oclock. it goes slowly down from 59 to 50, then few hours back to 45.
    Last edited by whatjerom; 28th August 2010 at 11:20 PM.

  17. #17
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    Quote Originally Posted by maruko View Post
    Hi there,

    another newbie here.
    also facing some problem w my digi-cab.

    firstly, the RH stays at 57% (@ 12 oclock position). when i position it at 1~2 oclock, RH varies between 53 to 58%. is this normal?
    next, the cabinet is "three-legged"... does the warranty even cover the "body" or just the dehumifier?

    T_T this is my first buy and im so unlucky..
    Like the other person, I suspect your set is faulty based on your desciption of the problem. Advisable to send your set to service centre for a one to one exchange for defect in manufacture.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  18. #18

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Like the other person, I suspect your set is faulty based on your desciption of the problem. Advisable to send your set to service centre for a one to one exchange for defect in manufacture.
    thanks hotwork77!

    Quote Originally Posted by whatjerom View Post
    I got the same problem with you too! I just gotten my digicabi yesterday. Well. no choice lo. I stuffed a paper underneath, the back L....

    As for your Rh, i think it's normal. i set it around 12 oclock abit to 1oclock. it goes slowly down from 59 to 50, then few hours back to 45.
    i got mine ystd too.
    yar, i've stuffed a paper underneath too but it just kinda irks me cos' the cab didn't turn out quite ok. hahaha. the lock is difficult to use too T_T im so unlucky...

  19. #19

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    Quote Originally Posted by maruko View Post
    thanks hotwork77!



    i got mine ystd too.
    yar, i've stuffed a paper underneath too but it just kinda irks me cos' the cab didn't turn out quite ok. hahaha. the lock is difficult to use too T_T im so unlucky...
    Argh, digi-cabi getting worse in their quality.

  20. #20

    Default Re: digi cab analogue dry cabinet problems

    Quote Originally Posted by whatjerom View Post
    Argh, digi-cabi getting worse in their quality.

    haiz...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •