Thread: new n raw....

Default new n raw....

greetings all....i'm new to this hobby n just wanna say hello to you guys...what a nice forum this is that comes with some great tips and guidance ...

i'm still messing about with my newly purchased camera and am doing more wrongs than right...but i enjoy trying to correct them with lots of reading and browsing and trying them out again n again till there is some improvement.

i love fishing too and am always thinking about it... but ever since i began this camera stuff,it takes 60% my mind off fishing....and am loving it.I also noticed that i see things differently now...hee hee,what i mean,i'll pay more attention on simple everyday objects/figures/buildings/shapes ,seeing them in diff angles n so forth.

i'll keep on reading n learning but if you guys dont mind,i'd like to ask you how does one knows that one has taken a good shot?

thank you for your time.

Default Re: new n raw....

Welcome

Welcome to CS! and do join outings. You will learn a lot!
    7D w/ 70-300mm/50mm1.8/70-200F4L/17-50mm F2.8

hello and welcome to CS.

Quote Originally Posted by cracklens View Post
    i'd like to ask you how does one knows that one has taken a good shot?
    Hi and Welcome cracklens.

A good shot is can be made up of many elements: technicalities, creativity, composition, etc.

I'd say personally a good shot is one that you like and feels worthy to be printed out, framed and hung in your livingroom
    Last edited by AnsQ; 24th August 2010 at 01:51 PM.

Welcome Cracklens,

Why cracklens?

I came back to photography out of a need to photograph the fishing rods that I customize and build. So, if it's not any co-incident, we do have something in common.

What's a good shot, is like what's a good catch. Some form of inner joy that's hard to describe. When it's there, you will know. So, just shoot very often, and be very conscious of what you do, good or bad, then the good shots will come more often. Like the saying, when the fish pulls I pull.
    Last edited by Anthony Lee; 24th August 2010 at 01:56 PM.
    Home is where the heart is.

Welcome to CS . . .

A good shot to me gives a 'WOW' factor.

And of course posting your photos here and get comments will improve your shots more.
    And join more outings and gathering to learn from the experts and seniors here.

AND shoot more, cos digital is FREE!!!

Welcome to CS

I'm not sure how others rate their photos but for me, I like to keep improving by comparing them to my older pictures and see if they look better.

Deregistered

Welcome to CS

Quote Originally Posted by AnsQ View Post
    Hi and Welcome cracklens.

A good shot is can be made up of many elements: technicalities, creativity, composition, etc.

I'd say personally a good shot is one that you like and feels worthy to be printed out, framed and hung in your livingroom
    thks u so much....i kind of think that too and now u've confirmed it and answered d question which i was asking myself over n over again...thks once again n i appreciate it.

thks for d warm welcome Treetrunk,jed091270,xmysticalzx,spree86,cleonbus...am grateful.

alo spree86,totally agree with the "WOW" thing.....some of d shots I've seen posted here even made me go "WOO WEE"....i'm still new n raw and there are so many lovely shots posted here but d ones that I like n excites me is from someone in this forum that goes by the nick "DigitalPimp" i think....to me,his shots looks so wrong that they look so right....i dont get bored looking at his shots over and over again.....it's like some guitarist....when u listen..u know it's coming from that particular guitarist....d sound n style if u know what i mean..

alo Anthony Lee...why cracklens?....dat was d first thing that came to my mind when i wanted to register in this nice forum....thus d nick...yr answer to my questions sounds soothing and almost spiritual....thks for your advise n good to know u're into fishing too...thks for your time

i'll keep on reading n learning but if you guys dont mind,i'd like to ask you how does one knows that one has taken a good shot?

thank you for your time.
    Greetings~!!

a good shot is subjective.. but essentially a photo conveys meanings and emotions and tells a story...

some stories certain people like, others don't like...

so if you can get a shot that tells a story that more people like than don't like then i would say its a good shot~!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

thks u so much....i kind of think that too and now u've confirmed it and answered d question which i was asking myself over n over again...thks once again n i appreciate it.
    No problem, shoot more and enjoy your new camera!

Welcome to CS. ^^

You are encourage to read more online, and join some newbie outings under the Outings subforum.

Good start here:

Camera basics
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

Composition
    http://www.amateursnapper.com/photog...position-rules
    http://digital-photography-school.co...mposition-tips

More topics covered here:
    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

greetings all....i'm new to this hobby n just wanna say hello to you guys...what a nice forum this is that comes with some great tips and guidance ...

i'm still messing about with my newly purchased camera and am doing more wrongs than right...but i enjoy trying to correct them with lots of reading and browsing and trying them out again n again till there is some improvement.

i love fishing too and am always thinking about it... but ever since i began this camera stuff,it takes 60% my mind off fishing....and am loving it.I also noticed that i see things differently now...hee hee,what i mean,i'll pay more attention on simple everyday objects/figures/buildings/shapes ,seeing them in diff angles n so forth.

thank you for your time.
    Ah.... another fisho.

Wait till you add the 2 hobbies up together...

PB by zac08, on Flickr
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Ah.... another fisho.

Wait till you add the 2 hobbies up together...

PB by zac08, on Flickr
    eeeks, this fish looks weird...

what fish isit??.. sorry don't really like the sight of my fish when its like that...
    mylightedreams

thank you for your time.
    First and foremost, welcome to the clubsnap community! It was a great forum for me as I was starting out too.

You just know when you have taken a good shot. Because it is a photographer's job to strive to make every shot a worthwhile one before pressing the shutter. (:

To me, a good shot is more than just being sharp or focused. It must have a good composition or be creative.

For my WOW factor, the photo must be able to invoke feelings, or convey a message or story to the reader. You can tell when a photo brings a smile or tears to the viewer

Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    eeeks, this fish looks weird...

what fish isit??.. sorry don't really like the sight of my fish when its like that...
    Peacock Bass.

it was released to fight another day.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Peacock Bass.

it was released to fight another day.
    okie.. good to know that~!!
    mylightedreams

I'm kinda 'lost in translation' on the so wrong yet so right part, but hey, thanks for the special mention dude.

Welcome to ClubSNAP!
    Last edited by digitalpimp; 25th August 2010 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    I'm kinda 'lost in translation' on the so wrong yet so right part, but hey, thanks for the special mention dude.

Welcome to ClubSNAP!
    u're most welcome bubba.... 'd lost in translation' on d so wrong yet so right part i guess was coming from a raw point of view from me as it was how i felt abt it...it's like on a table full of nice delicious hamburgers...yrs is a juicy prime rib steak... but it's all good it's just dat i talk a lil funny sometimes....in my eyes yr shots r super aggresive wicked nice n diff ! just great to look at!..when i grow up..i wanna b just like u..hee hee

thks for yr wise words enzeru21
    thks skylover for d links....very kind of you...appreciate it lots.
    hey zac08, alo michael lim..u sem like someone i know....u into fishing as well eh? nice shot there.i see what u're saying....thks for sharing
    alo flashbug...very wise words from u....thks....i just hope if ever some one crys/smiles when they see my shots in d near future,it's for d right reasons....not cos the'yre so badly taken and it upsets them so much that it wanna make them cry/smile....hee hee just kidding eh, i know exactly what u mean....thank u very much once again.appreciate it lots.