Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Eight Hong Kong tourists killed in Philippine bus hijacking

Default Re: Eight Hong Kong tourists killed in Philippine bus hijacking

It really comes down to being decisive and sending in the right people to get the job done..if they even had any (in the capital city).

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/199317/f...hostage-crisis

It's not the entire nation's fault. Just blame the police.
    I'm a cow with a camera

I watched with disbelieve when the Pinoy Joker is addressing his nation. The Big Smile on his face. I remembered his statement to the press about the reports that filippino maid being dismissed in HK over this incident and he ask for calm . Seems to me he is more concerned about the loss of jobs for Pinoys overseas after this incident, than the possible loss of lives while negotiations were still underway. Even my pinoys ex colleagues felt disgraced by this joker and the PNP.

And now with such photos of the students and police posing with the bus as if it was some kind of tourist attraction or some monument to be proud of. There is seriously something very very wrong with the system and culture of this nation.

Had been thinking of a dive trip to the beautiful beaches and dive sites of the Philippines for the past 3 yrs, but the security situation always put me off. The troubled south , the clan wars and now this kind of ****. No wonder most of my diving friends are giving this nation a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fave78 View Post

high res version

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    It really comes down to being decisive and sending in the right people to get the job done..if they even had any (in the capital city).

Yes, i agreed..should get the correct people. I totally can't stand it when people smile and pose happily infront of a fatal murder scene, they very happy izzit??!!! In Singapore, you will not ever see people posing infront of a murder scene...

Seem like their police is now the HERO of the whole episode? tat'y they are posing with them..KNS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    Can't be la...where got act fast? Delay by ten hours somemore...
    Maybe can collect OT pay with the delay?

Understandably, we are disgusted with the posing in these photographs, the police ineptitude and the political handling of the tragedy, but I think we should refrain from making sweeping statements about the country and its people as a whole.

thxs for the video.... as long as you are a human being, you feel annoyed!!
    Below is the the HD Video of Philippines Ignorant President Aquino inspecting the scene With Grinning Smile.
    Watch yourself, the High Rank officers besides Him were mostly with big belly, what kind of subordinate do you think can they train!!

He was like scrutinizing the scene like a pro, measuring where the bullets come and go. Fellow Csers, is there a need for him to do that, whats more with a smile?. None around him was smiling except himeself. WHat kind of leader is he??? I really puzzled

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera View Post

No it's definitely not the fault of the nation, it's the incompetent police force, the smiling president, and those happy students posing at the scene. I'm sure not everyone is like that over there, there are good and decent people of course. Looking at the scene during and after the incident, it does highlight certain cultural values and practices there.

OMG, taking picture in front of terror scene like this. What do they think of this?

DO NOT GO TO COUNTRY LIKE THAT

Will the president 'welcome' the same 'treatment' if the country man have the same incident in our country.

It is indeed a sad day for both Hong Kong and Philippine people.

Any Filipinos in Clubsnap able to help on the different social norm regarding posing/smiling on the hijack scene?

I'm not familiar as I had not visited that country.

Ten things the Philippines bus siege police got wrong

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11069616

i think President Aquino just have a natural smiling face, from what i see from the video he's not really smiling.

As for their police, they're so fat! my maid told me that filipinos called them as crocodiles, Eat + Take Money, they do not do their job, if you call for them.. they will ask for money first. So sad for their country.

Oh ya, any guy whose in the police force in their country can bring home their guns... that's very dangerous.
    Last edited by whatjerom; 25th August 2010 at 06:02 PM.

What's wrong with these people? Is it just isolated or is it something that their society can accept and think it is ok to pose in front of a tragic scene to take photos like a tourist spot? Can someone who is from this country or have stayed here long enough comment pls?
    Please stop making sensational sweeping statements like this. As a Filipino, we too were annoyed to see such irresponsible, insensitive and tasteless photos.

It's worth noting that both countries have free press and with it comes a sensationalist type of journalism... so I would like to urge people not to easily play by their cards.

PS: I watched the video thrice and I'm not convinced he was smiling. First timers, might misconstrue that segment as smiling though.

:Later,

The Sad...

Of the five members of the Leung family on the Manila death bus, only Mrs Leung - Amy Ng Yau-woon - left it alive and unhurt.
    Husband Ken Leung Kam-wing, 58, and daughters Doris Leung Chung-see, 21, and Jessie Leung Song-yi, 14, lay dead.

Nineteen-year-old son Jason Leung Song-xue was carried away in a critical state with a head injury

source: http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_d...640&con_type=3

The happy...
    I really really dun understand...hw can they can smile and pose???!!! 笑里藏刀?
    Last edited by Fave78; 25th August 2010 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Please stop making sensational sweeping statements like this. As a Filipino, we too were annoyed to see such irresponsible, insensitive and tasteless photos.
    That's a hugh difference between a statement that ends with a full stop and questions that come with a question mark. Pls read again.

That's a hugh difference between a statement that ends with a full stop and questions that come with a question mark. Pls read again.
    Maybe you should read and re-read, in the hope that you'll finally figure out what I was responding to.

I -- as a Filipino -- have given you my POV. I know a lot of my fellow countrymen didn't like those photos as well. So to be clear, do I think you're making a sweeping statement? Absolutely.

:Later,

Yes, i agreed..should get the correct people. I totally can't stand it when people smile and pose happily infront of a fatal murder scene, they very happy izzit??!!! In Singapore, you will not ever see people posing infront of a murder scene...

Seem like their police is now the HERO of the whole episode? tat'y they are posing with them..KNS!!!
    not true la....singaporeans also like to kpo like when got car accident and people die. got people jump down from building all will stand there and watch. some for sure will take photo. so cannot just blame the filipinos. maybe at that time when they took the pics they were not thinking, just that somethiing dramatic had happened and should take picture to show they were at the scene.

cannot make sweeping remark that singaporeans wont pose in front of murder scene. its probably cos they not allowed near the scene, or didnt know it was murder. if they were allowed, sure will take one.

Quote Originally Posted by Muckafutha View Post
    not true la....singaporeans also like to kpo like when got car accident and people die. got people jump down from building all will stand there and watch. some for sure will take photo. so cannot just blame the filipinos. maybe at that time when they took the pics they were not thinking, just that somethiing dramatic had happened and should take picture to show they were at the scene.

cannot make sweeping remark that singaporeans wont pose in front of murder scene. its probably cos they not allowed near the scene, or didnt know it was murder. if they were allowed, sure will take one.

Yes, singaporean may kpo tak photo using hp etc...but i dun think or i havn't seen any photos of singaporean posing/smiling happily in front of the crime scene. Taking photos of crime scene and Posing in front of camera is two different issue

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast