Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

  1. #1

    Default Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    Hi im a mother of a cute baby,love to take bb pic,but cant get very nice pic,so need advice from ur pertaining to the title

    I own a Olympus E520,with 12 60mm lens.
    wat equipment shd i get?i want to take pic like the below i attched...
    external flash?
    backdrop?
    diffuser?
    softbox?

    thanks for your advice in advance
    Last edited by mosaaic; 24th August 2010 at 03:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,493

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    Quote Originally Posted by mosaaic View Post
    Hi im a mother of a cute baby,love to take bb pic,but cant get very nice pic,so need advice from ur pertaining to the title

    I own a Olympus E520,with 12 60mm lens.
    wat equipment shd i get?i want to take pic like the below i attched...
    external flash?
    backdrop?
    diffuser?
    softbox?

    thanks for your advice in advance
    it really depends where you wanna take ur baby...

    you don't need softbox or backdrop i guess.. just flash if you are indoors and not enough lighting..

    its really not easy to telll you becos you have provided quite vague description..

    if you want the exact same photo as what u posted then you need firstly a branch, backdrop, studio lights or external flash.. and you need your kid to sleep there and don't fall...
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  3. #3

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    hahaha thanks for ur advise..
    can u suggest what kind of studio lights?i will probably get an external flash first

  4. #4
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,493

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    Quote Originally Posted by mosaaic View Post
    hahaha thanks for ur advise..
    can u suggest what kind of studio lights?i will probably get an external flash first
    you don't really need studio lights la, you can use external flash and reflectors..

    position ur reflectors ( you can buy the cheap ones that come in a set) to do fill in lighting and dont use a direct flash onto ur kid..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  5. #5
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    Quote Originally Posted by mosaaic View Post
    Hi im a mother of a cute baby,love to take bb pic,but cant get very nice pic,so need advice from ur pertaining to the title

    I own a Olympus E520,with 12 60mm lens.
    wat equipment shd i get?i want to take pic like the below i attched...
    external flash?
    backdrop?
    diffuser?
    softbox?

    thanks for your advice in advance
    Did you take this picture? If not, Take it down. You are violating copyright laws.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 24th August 2010 at 10:43 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    Maybe you'd like to provide a link to the type of shots you want to achieve?
    Very hard to tell what type of shots and standard you are looking at.

  7. #7
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    what you need is good light, so a nice window with a softbox like curtain and a reflector is all you need
    not to forget nice background

    btw i can't see the image

  8. #8

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    oops...okok will take out the pic

  9. #9

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    you don't really need studio lights la, you can use external flash and reflectors..

    position ur reflectors ( you can buy the cheap ones that come in a set) to do fill in lighting and dont use a direct flash onto ur kid..
    thank you,im not really familiar with the external flash,there is a brand call nissin,isit good enuf?or i shld get the olympus one?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Maybe you'd like to provide a link to the type of shots you want to achieve?
    Very hard to tell what type of shots and standard you are looking at.
    i want the picture look like these...(click the linkk below)

    http://www.picturecompany.com.my/baby.html

  11. #11

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    what you need is good light, so a nice window with a softbox like curtain and a reflector is all you need
    not to forget nice background

    btw i can't see the image
    thank you for your advise,will go n seaarch the softbox and reflector also.
    ive removed the pic as copyright issue

  12. #12
    Member enzeru21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    1,493

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    Quote Originally Posted by mosaaic View Post
    thank you for your advise,will go n seaarch the softbox and reflector also.
    ive removed the pic as copyright issue
    he said "softbox like curtain" not softbox...
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

  13. #13

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    he said "softbox like curtain" not softbox...
    wow im typical a new bird...
    can someone show me the pic of softbox like curtain?

  14. #14
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    the link that you posted is taken in a studio, so if you want pictures like that
    you will need

    • Background paper and holder
    • reflector
    • studio lighting + stands
    • props
    • flash meter, depends on type of studio lights

  15. #15
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    Quote Originally Posted by mosaaic View Post
    wow im typical a new bird...
    can someone show me the pic of softbox like curtain?
    first you need to see what a softbox looks like
    then look for the same type of material and place it over the window
    make sure the sunlight is coming through the window
    the softbox like curtain will soften the harsh light of the sun
    place the reflector on the opp side of the sunlight to bounce some light and light up the shadows

  16. #16

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    You will need some basic knowledge. Here is one :
    http://www.sublime-light.com/index.p...-introduction/

    For the photo you want, probably need :

    1x piece of white sheet or paper for white bkgnd and floor
    1x flash on shoot through or bounce umbrella
    1x flash for fill or 1x large styrofoam board for fill light
    1x flash for bkgnd
    a couple of light stands or tripod or some thing to position the flash
    a couple of wireless flash receiver and 1 trigger

    1x helper and 1000x patience

    Alternatively :

    1x piece of white sheet or paper for white bkgnd and floor
    1x large window for window lighting
    1x large styrofoam board for fill light
    1x flash for bkgnd
    a tripod or some thing to position the flash
    a wireless flash receiver and 1 trigger

    1x helper and 1000x patience


    Once you've read thru the link, you should get a better idea and can play around to your hearts desire and patience

  17. #17

    Default Re: Wat equipment shld i get for nice baby photos

    One thing about direct flash is unknowingly you might hurt the eyes of the babies. It might be too bright for them and they do not know to look away.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •