Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Tripod choices?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    156

    Default Tripod choices?

    Hi to everyone out there!

    I recently just got into photography and am currently thinking about getting a tripod. Went to some stalls in Funan and saw some carbon fibre tripods made in China selling for about $300. before I make any choices, I would really appreciate some advice from the pros out there about better tripod choices and where to get them, thanks alot!

  2. #2
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: Tripod choices?

    *face palm* OMG....

    First of all, welcome to CS. Secondly, are we to assume you're using Nikon D3s/Canon 1D Mk IV? Or a $150 compact camera?
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    156

    Default Re: Tripod choices?

    I have been using a 500D for about a year already, just bought a 5D Mark II thats why I decided to invest in a proper tripod for general use

  4. #4
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: Tripod choices?

    Quote Originally Posted by zozzcyx View Post
    I have been using a 500D for about a year already, just bought a 5D Mark II thats why I decided to invest in a proper tripod for general use
    MUCH better... Well, if you want quality China brand, I'd recommend Sirui (TKfotos carries the range). Bring your DSLR down to test for weight and vibration control, get one of the Sales personel to help, explain and recommend to you. Do tell them your needs (for travel or normal carry around). Philip was very patient and helpful to me, hence I'm very happy with my Sirui now. Secondly, you might think about a proper ball-head as well since 5D is not exactly lightweight.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 23rd August 2010 at 11:46 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    156

    Default Re: Tripod choices?

    Yea Sirui was the brand recommended too, was just wondering if there are any other reputable brands out there?

  6. #6
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: Tripod choices?

    Quote Originally Posted by zozzcyx View Post
    Yea Sirui was the brand recommended too, was just wondering if there are any other reputable brands out there?
    Benro, Velbon, if you scroll down the threads and look for tripod headers, you'll find plenty of recommended brands.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tripod choices?

    Quote Originally Posted by zozzcyx View Post
    I have been using a 500D for about a year already, just bought a 5D Mark II thats why I decided to invest in a proper tripod for general use
    Hmm so you haven't been using a tripod for you 500D all along? For $300 you can get a very decent tripod. Don't just get reviews. Bring your gear down to the shop and try out the tripods for yourself. I suggest TK because of the variety and there are price tags

  8. #8
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Tripod choices?

    Quote Originally Posted by zozzcyx View Post
    Yea Sirui was the brand recommended too, was just wondering if there are any other reputable brands out there?
    There are other brands like Manfrotto,Benro,Vanguard,Fotopro,etc...

    If not,just a simple type of the word 'tripod' in the search function will give you more results

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    156

    Default Re: Tripod choices?

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Hmm so you haven't been using a tripod for you 500D all along? For $300 you can get a very decent tripod. Don't just get reviews. Bring your gear down to the shop and try out the tripods for yourself. I suggest TK because of the variety and there are price tags
    erm yea 500D was just like a recreational dslr for me to see if I would be interested in photography, and now since I got the 5D I might as well get a proper tripod

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    156

    Default Re: Tripod choices?

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    There are other brands like Manfrotto,Benro,Vanguard,Fotopro,etc...

    If not,just a simple type of the word 'tripod' in the search function will give you more results
    ok thanks!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •