Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if your neighbor do this right outside your house, what would you do?

Default Re: if your neighbor do this right outside your house, what would you do?

2 suggestions:-

- Talk to them nicely and let them know it is affecting you. This is the better option, since you are just immediate neighbours. No point being enemies.

- Call the town council and get them involved if all else fails.

Blog Entries

Default Re: if your neighbor do this right outside your house, what would you do?

wait a min, burning just outside of your window?
    so the smoke will go into your flat?

this one must talk to them

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    wait a min, burning just outside of your window?
    so the smoke will go into your flat?

this one must talk to them
    yes, that's exactly why i was not happy, not only smoke but ashes.....
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    the police have better things to do than to waste a trip down just to tell you that they do not handle such matters. pls don't waste public resources
    Duno about that. Seen the police officers at kopitiam chit chatting for 2 hours..

Blog Entries

that is why it is important to be on talking terms with your neighbours

That is why I dun have Chinese neighbours that are adjacent to my house.

Quote Originally Posted by mrleech View Post
    That is why I dun have Chinese neighbours that are adjacent to my house.
    Not all chinese burn papers lah! Can not generalise about people, be it Indian, Malay or Chinese, Indonesian, Philipinos, we are all human beings, try to only judge by their actions/behaviour!
    Last edited by hongsien; 23rd August 2010 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Duno about that. Seen the police officers at kopitiam chit chatting for 2 hours..
    You mean the Police come to our Kopitiam too to chit chat and talk nonsense?? Alamak!

Yes, this is very important, since people moved living in flats, there is hardly any interaction anymore.......joining the neighbourhood outings is good to know the people in the same flat

HS

Quote Originally Posted by mrleech View Post
    2 suggestions:-

- Talk to them nicely and let them know it is affecting you. This is the better option, since you are just immediate neighbours. No point being enemies.

- Call the town council and get them involved if all else fails.

This type of neighbour, difficult to talk to. If they are burning for their ancestors and they themselves dont like the smoke. What gave them the impression that I will enjoy smelling the smoke and having ashes all around my door.

Quote Originally Posted by dradttg View Post
    I empathize with you.

I caught my neighbour a few times, smoking cauldron just outside my door or windows. I simply just do not understand such people. If dont have the heart to burn, DONT DO IT. If have the heart, why dont just go downstair?
    Sometimes its difficult to change mindset of the older generation. Ask them burn downstairs, they will say "no good becos the offerings will be snatched by other hungry ghosts instead of your ancestors". Happened to my relative. The younger generation thinks it's all BS lah and there's no difference between burning within building or downstairs. If you ask me, why spend real $ to buy fake $ and burn? Dirty and not environmentally friendly.

Heard there's some new green initiative whereby one buy cakes in shapes of the offerings (gold ingots etc), pray and then eat the cake. More appealing to me!

Blog Entries

maybe can have an online burning site
    you can pay me real money for some virtual money to virtually burn

sounds like a plan, you can also show off how much virtual money you virtually burn
    with a leader chart

haha. Then my neighbour is extremely nice, burning right in front of my door and windows. Everything should belong to my ancestors; Hope that my ancestors gave their ancestors a good beating if they try to steal from my doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    Sometimes its difficult to change mindset of the older generation. Ask them burn downstairs, they will say "no good becos the offerings will be snatched by other hungry ghosts instead of your ancestors". Happened to my relative. The younger generation thinks it's all BS lah and there's no difference between burning within building or downstairs. If you ask me, why spend real $ to buy fake $ and burn? Dirty and not environmentally friendly.

Heard there's some new green initiative whereby one buy cakes in shapes of the offerings (gold ingots etc), pray and then eat the cake. More appealing to me!

actually...i think HDB and the town councils already banned burning of joss papers in the common corridors at HDBs and condos. residents are encouraged to use the burner at the open areas outside the void deck to burn the joss papers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    wah you very good, you know she is haibara !
    thanks bro i am quite an avid fan of a few lar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Yes, this is very important, since people moved living in flats, there is hardly any interaction anymore.......joining the neighbourhood outings is good to know the people in the same flat

HS
    ahah u remind me when i was staying at tiong. the older ppl all used to be from same kampong kind lar. so they all door can open open and we kids can run from 1 house to another and still be happy with each other.

kinda missed the days where u see 20 families burn incense paper on ground together and sharing food from the prayers

have a talk with ur neighbour
    Flickr FB
    Nikon Minolta Panasonic User

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    ahah u remind me when i was staying at tiong. the older ppl all used to be from same kampong kind lar. so they all door can open open and we kids can run from 1 house to another and still be happy with each other.

kinda missed the days where u see 20 families burn incense paper on ground together and sharing food from the prayers
    nowadays... interactions between neighbors are usually at the police station, courts or confrontations at the car park

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    nowadays... interactions between neighbors are usually at the police station, courts or confrontations at the car park
    bah. nowadays there are more jokers than there are with ppl head screwed on tight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12