Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if your neighbor do this right outside your house, what would you do?

Angry if your neighbor do this right outside your house, what would you do?

image is not at actual size and it is far more dirty as what you see . a bit inconsiderate isn't it? i am not stopping them from burning Joss paper, but don't do it outside right people house mah....really no brain one these people.............

think i will send the photo to JTC, 2nd time already....they came here to repaint the wall and ceiling coz it was as black as charcoal.. but apparently these neighbour never learn....
    Last edited by ninelives; 22nd August 2010 at 03:59 PM.
    Objection !!!

Default Re: if your neighbor do this right outside your house, what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post

image is not at actual size and it is far more dirty as what you see . a bit inconsiderate isn't it? i am not stopping them from burning Joss paper, but don't do it outside right people house mah....really no brain one these people.............

think i will send the photo to JTC, 2nd time already....they came here to repaint the wall and ceiling coz it was as black as charcoal.. but apparently these neighbour never learn....
    Thought they were suppose to do it on the groundfloor.......???

Default Re: if your neighbor do this right outside your house, what would you do?

ask them to clean loh..

talk nicely... if not talk nicely to the police.. if not talk loudly to them.. if not talk loudly to the police~!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

talk to police for?
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    talk to police for?
    they see you talk to police then will scared lor... think you complain them ma..
    mylightedreams

the police have better things to do than to waste a trip down just to tell you that they do not handle such matters. pls don't waste public resources
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    the police have better things to do than to waste a trip down just to tell you that they do not handle such matters. pls don't waste public resources
    i never say call police.. i say talk to police... haha..

meaning if got the guys on patrol go and talk to them lor.. then just chit chat about the neighborhood got any recent theft or anything lor..

chill chill... i'm not asking TS to waste public resources for nothing call police come to your house~!
    mylightedreams

A better composition for the photo would be to move the plants away, move the slippers to point where the bin is, pointing towards to rail, and then leave a sad sad depressing note under the slippers.

Okay, kidding. Prob not the right thing to kid during 7th month huh... but I think will be quite impactful. Okay sorry. Just kidding. Don't do it. Okay?

Blog Entries

do them a phoenix wright. followed by a haibara ai.

for us, so far we have a big burner. as in seriously big. those kind where u can store oil that barrel. we burn, and yes it goes dark. and we paint it back ourselves. so far no complains everyone is happy.

see who bah. some more considerate ones are fine.

TS.... does this happens everyday... or just during certain time of the month (1st/15th luner month) ?? If its not a daily thing.... suggest just let it be lor.

I'm sure there will be time that your neighbor would consider certain things you do to be kind of inconsiderate to them too.... so, as neighbor... best to sometimes 'close one eye'. But if you are still unhappy... perharps you could sweep up the ash into a neat mount at their doorstep just to remind them that others also live there.

Calling the Police will be a waste of time since they would refer both parties to mediation.... Its ain't the jobs of our Boys in Blue to mediate between unhappy neighbors.... just to stop them from killing each other

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    do them a phoenix wright. followed by a haibara ai.

wah you very good, you know she is haibara !
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    TS.... does this happens everyday... or just during certain time of the month (1st/15th luner month) ?? If its not a daily thing.... suggest just let it be lor.
    I agree with this, especially during this time of the year. Expect more to come on the 24 Aug (15th lunar Jul), I think not only your next door neighbour is burning joss paper, neighbours from left, right, up or down and many other from the nearby block may be doing the same thing...

Doing that in the hallway is a fire hazard. This *is* a good reason to call the authorities.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Doing that in the hallway is a fire hazard. This *is* a good reason to call the authorities.

No really.... since most chinese family, including mine, does the same.

In TS case.... I think the Neighbour, left the Ash Bin to cool down after burning and wind blow the ashes out from vents around the Bin. You could see the top cover of the bin, wasn't put back. Dirty yes.... Fire hazard, no. Beside.... look at the photo, unless the flower pots and plants in them burns easily... there isn't alot of 'Fuel' for any would be fire. And lets not forget the burning is content inside the metal bin. From my 30++ years of burning Joss Paper.... any lighted ash that floats up, won't burn long enough to cause fire in surrounding like those in the photo.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    The town council would have provided the bins at the void decks for pple to use..

Do be considerate and not burn the papers within the building.

Blog Entries

i will live with it as i always have
    it is the 7th month and it is unavoidable
    ash will be everywhere

It is rather uncomfortable to be in this situation. To prevent further misunderstandings, you could play it cool -

- Buy a simple cheap snack (like chee chong fun) for them.....deliver to their home, say you bought extra, at the same time inform them about the ''mess you have been having recently'' and wondered if they could prevent it for you the next time round.

If it happens again, I would sweep it up, and quietly poor it into their bedroom (through the window).
    The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it.
    I welcome you @ www.benaw.zenfolio.com

In TS case.... I think the Neighbour, left the Ash Bin to cool down after burning and wind blow the ashes out from vents around the Bin.
    nah, they were burning right outside my common bed room. the fire was already died when i took the picture. and yes, it is fire hazard, there are loose wire on the ceiling.

anyway, i think i will close 1 eye for this round , since this is 7th month.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    The town council would have provided the bins at the void decks for pple to use..

Do be considerate and not burn the papers within the building.
    mr lim, please check your pm. thanks.
    Last edited by ninelives; 23rd August 2010 at 01:29 PM.
    Objection !!!

I empathize with you.

I caught my neighbour a few times, smoking cauldron just outside my door or windows. I simply just do not understand such people. If dont have the heart to burn, DONT DO IT. If have the heart, why dont just go downstair?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast