Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K-7, D90.. or 550D... pls recommend shops with good offer..

Default Re: K-7, D90.. or 550D... pls recommend shops with good offer..

Quote Originally Posted by takashi miyo View Post
    i almost got a k-7 myself.. but i got canon instead. reason becos canon got more lenses plus i can share lens with my friends
    1. So what if most people will only ever own 2-3 lenses that all manufacturers have? It doesn't matter if a brand has 1,000 lenses if you'll only ever use 2-3.

2. Lucky you. Most people use the "same brand as my friends so I can share lenses" excuse, but there are very very very few cases where people are willing to lend out their prized lenses.
    Alpha

oh... I'm thinking not buying at the Comex itself...but buying during that time....so i get the same bundle (freebies given by nikon) at today current price. Does it work this way?

I think the current RRP is $16xx or something, but outside selling $14xx. So I assume comex they will bundle say more freebies at still $16xx, but I'm able to get at $14xx outside with the additional freebies?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post
    I planning to get it during this week or next week during the Comex. Currently there is no promotion for the D90, and the freebies is only 8GB SDHC. Hopefully the Comex will throw in more freebies at the same price.

I'm planning just the D90 kit, with a 35mm/1.8G lens, and probably a nikon battery grip,wireless remote, sirui tripod and b+w filters.
    As mentioned by others. Pc shows in general don't offer cheaper prices. Prices are typically RRP with lots of freebies thrown in to hook the newbie. The freebies are cheap anyway and many are easily overgrown.
    Better to look for a reputable camera shop like those mentioned here in CS.

oh... I'm thinking not buying at the Comex itself...but buying during that time....so i get the same bundle (freebies given by nikon) at today current price. Does it work this way?

I think the current RRP is $16xx or something, but outside selling $14xx. So I assume comex they will bundle say more freebies at still $16xx, but I'm able to get at $14xx outside with the additional freebies?
    you will be able to get it together with necessary and worth it freeebies,. not the cheapo useless ones...

thats all i can say..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Thanks bros...
    I was thinking that.. how many times buying a new camera.. let's say within 10 years?
    so I wanted to skip entry level cameras.. mainly.. that's it. (don't get me wrong..)
    For example, a friend of mine wanted to shift to upper grade camera, currently he's been used D90 for 2yrs..

and seems like, pay D90 price.. able to get K-7 which is flagship of Pentax brand..

Pls, correct me if my idea is wrong.. appreciate bros!
    Last edited by scott27; 23rd August 2010 at 10:25 PM.

just getting k-7 for the sake of being different seems really counterintuitive.

i agree that you should give k-7 a chance, but the reason you have stated is very ........

photography is not about having the latest model of the latest brand or things like that...

its about enjoying what you do and capturing emotions..

don't let the world get to you~!!
    mylightedreams

For cleaning kit, any advise what cleaning kit (any particular brand) I should get? Or I should get separates? I think I need 1 - 2 cloth, 1 lens pen and 1 blower.

Thanks Bro, I really appreciate your post..^^

Deregistered

For cleaning kit, any advise what cleaning kit (any particular brand) I should get? Or I should get separates? I think I need 1 - 2 cloth, 1 lens pen and 1 blower.
    Lenspen: http://www.sgcamerastore.com/Cleanin.../prod_174.html

Blower get those with a metal tip: http://store.tagotech.com/product_in...roducts_id=191

Cloth get 3M ones from popular bookstore...

Quote Originally Posted by scott27 View Post
    Thanks bros...
    I was thinking that.. how many times buying a new camera.. let's say within 10 years?
    so I wanted to skip entry level cameras.. mainly.. that's it. (don't get me wrong..)
    For example, a friend of mine wanted to shift to upper grade camera, currently he's been used D90 for 2yrs..

and seems like, pay D90 price.. able to get K-7 which is flagship of Pentax brand..

Pls, correct me if my idea is wrong.. appreciate bros!
    Wait till Photokina then decide....since K7 and D90 are supposed to be replaced in these few months.

So either get these new models or get the K7 and D90 at lower pricing after new ones are announced...

hmm.....i think it will be quite some time for the D90 price to come down until it is announced, at least it does not seem the case for the D3000 even though the D3100 is announced?

I'm travelling overseas for 3 months in mid sep, so hoping to get a camera before then....so I'm pretty much settled for the D90.

hmm.....i think it will be quite some time for the D90 price to come down until it is announced, at least it does not seem the case for the D3000 even though the D3100 is announced?

I'm travelling overseas for 3 months in mid sep, so hoping to get a camera before then....so I'm pretty much settled for the D90.
    if you're settled then just go to the store (reputable store) and tell them what you want.. get ur camera, pay and then go home n start shooting to practice before going overseas..

you don't want to go overseas blur blur..

oh ya, see if freebies can get extra batt.. traveling sometimes better to have spare...
    mylightedreams

I'm getting a battery grip and spare battery as well, so in case I dun get a chance to charge my battery for a couple of days, I can fall back on AA batteries.

I'm getting a battery grip and spare battery as well, so in case I dun get a chance to charge my battery for a couple of days, I can fall back on AA batteries.
    getting a spare battery would be good. Oh ya... mentioning about AAs batteries, would even come in handy in case both of your lithium batt low energy. perhaps need to stand by more. get more rechargables too.

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Lenspen: http://www.sgcamerastore.com/Cleanin.../prod_174.html

Blower get those with a metal tip: http://store.tagotech.com/product_in...roducts_id=191

Cloth get 3M ones from popular bookstore...
    Hi!

Which section of popular to look for the cloth? I went to the stationary section today at bras basah popular ask for 3M cloth, they do not seem to know what it is.

Hi!

Which section of popular to look for the cloth? I went to the stationary section today at bras basah popular ask for 3M cloth, they do not seem to know what it is.
    aiya, NTUC can find la.. you know the kind for cleaning one?? the yellow color one..
    mylightedreams

Deregistered

Hi!

Its known as a lint-free cloth which is placed with the usual 3M things(Scotch tape/Stick-it).Yellow in colour...

im also looking for a canon 550D good offer.. or should i wait for the SITEX?

I might be selling my 550D. Not even a week old. PM me for more details or if u are interested.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast