Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 500D to 50D/550D?

Default Re: 500D to 50D/550D?

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Heed the words of the bros here... actually 500d is a good camera... however if really needed to upgrade, my advise is to go for one stage up... save up more $$ and get the 7d or 5dmkII. No point getting the 550d or the 50d (by the way, 50d is going to phase out soon, 60D is coming in).
    Noted bro. I shall listen to uou guys. Well I'm quite an impulsive person,keke sometime buy thing with thinking twice buy already then don't what to so with it lol just like my raynox close up filter, my sigma 18-200. Dump in dry cabin to wait for spider to spin it web on it. Lastly the more I watch YouTube about 7D the more my jaw drop. Power! DD electronics selling for $1966 with GST and 1 year inhouse warranty.
    EOS 7D-Canon 100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS/ Sigma 18-200mm F3.5 OS/ EF50mm f1.8/ Speedlite 580EX2

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronlim81 View Post
    Dump in dry cabin to wait for spider to spin it web on it.
    lol... bro... when spider being spinning web on your stuff, can invited me over to shoot macro?
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    lol... bro... when spider being spinning web on your stuff, can invited me over to shoot macro?
    lol. Cannot later you scared the mother spider away then the babies will dies.Haha. Told by the spider association of Singapore.
    EOS 7D-Canon 100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS/ Sigma 18-200mm F3.5 OS/ EF50mm f1.8/ Speedlite 580EX2

Just go for 50D.. It wont disappoint you..

Change because wanted a body which can produce nicer picture in low light with huger ISO that doesn't produce so much noise like my 500D iso 1600 i already find it very harsh.

Maybe bro you are being kind to persuade me not to spend money anyhow,I appreciated it but the way you phase it ...haiz heart ache.
    I have shot with a friend's 500d and in my personal opinion i find that the camera has very good high Iso capability already. The iso 1600 to me is more than acceptable.

But if you really want better higher iso performance, then i suggest go for 5dmkii. THere is really no point in getting another camera out of the two you have just chosenfor discussion as there is really not too significant a difference to warrant another purchase.

same dillema i have when switching from my d90 to canon, i dun need video since i got a cheap second PnS cam to cover that, i've narrowed my decision & play around with 500D, 550D and 50D that ended up on me getting a 50D , IMO 500D is much similar to 550D also feel small & too light to me & a bit plasticky to my liking(might not be a problem for u since u handled 500d), i choose 50D mainly because of the dual dial(i cannot life without it any more ) cos i shoot in manual mode most of the times and that really cut off time to set up things without having to look at ur LCD screen, the top LCD is also usefull to do quick set, though usualy i can also see most of the info from the viewfinder anyway, finnaly the build and the feel is just feel like a "real" camera to me, just my 2 cents
    Last edited by willdoang; 23rd August 2010 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willdoang View Post
    same dillema i have when switching from my d90 to canon, i dun need video since i got a cheap second PnS cam to cover that, i've narrowed my decision & play around with 500D, 550D and 50D that ended up on me getting a 50D , IMO 500D is much similar to 550D also feel small & too light to me & a bit plasticky to my liking(might not be a problem for u since u handled 500d), i choose 50D mainly because of the dual dial(i cannot life without it any more ) cos i shoot in manual mode most of the times and that really cut off time to set up things without having to look at ur LCD screen, the top LCD is also usefull to do quick set, though usualy i can also see most of the info from the viewfinder anyway, finnaly the build and the feel is just feel like a "real" camera to me, just my 2 cents
    I've the same sentiments as you too.The robust build,25 function to play with. I was thinking of getting the 50D to play with fur the tine being and when time is right I shall sell it and get the 60D or 7D.

lol. Cannot later you scared the mother spider away then the babies will dies.Haha. Told by the spider association of Singapore.
    lol I will wear camouflage net and put all my ninja skills to use so mother spider will not know...

Anyway, if you really want to play with a semi-pro camera, why don't you get a second hand 40D? It had almost all the function of the 50D (although the main LCD is not as great as 50D in direct sunlight). But you can get it cheap now - around $750 to $800+ and you can get a battery grip for around $100+... so everything added together would not be more than $1000.

After you get accustom or have save up enough, you can sell your 40D and upgrade to 7D or 5DmkII... I would however discourage you from having a 60D though if you are bend on getting a 7D (using 40D only as a transitional camera).

Anyway, I am a user of 40D and I love it alot (not a saleman trying to sell a product though)
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

For birding, get the 50D first before jumping to the 7D in the future, I guess no point jumping from 50D to 60D as build's might be the same as the 50D and in which xxD series shutter button is prone to moisture and starts to die off after ard 10-20k+ clicks (happened to me) which is really frustrating (repair cost ard SGD100+ and warrenty does not cover).

So'd why 50D instead of 550D although 550D has better IQ.

Birding - Faster FPS, better weather resistant (in case unexpected weather comes up), 9AF (same on the both cam so no diff), Dual dial, Sturdier.

Overall to me in my pref, 50D is more than enough at the point of time for birding mostly is Lens restrictions other than that, 15mp is enough to crop.

Cheers
    Dots........

just don't buy.. save the money and learn to be content with what you have..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12