Thread: white balance assistance

Default white balance assistance

very frequently i shoot under fluroescent lights. and the colour is either yellow or white. actually sometimes i find it abit diff to separate the 2.

anyway the WB settings in my cam are AUTO, halogen(this light bulb) plus others and also colour settings OFF COOL WARM

everytime i shoot under this kind of lighting, i must keep experimenting until i dont get a colour cast, sometimes after trying so many times, i end up confused "Is this okay?" sometimes i get a blue cast if i use flash and no if i dont use flash,

Hmmm... use the 'preset' or 'custom' white balance if your camera has the function. Get a 18% grey card or a white card to do the custom WB.

The presets are handy, but may not be the best for particular lighting situations.

Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    very frequently i shoot under fluroescent lights. and the colour is either yellow or white. actually sometimes i find it abit diff to separate the 2.

anyway the WB settings in my cam are AUTO, halogen(this light bulb) plus others and also colour settings OFF COOL WARM

everytime i shoot under this kind of lighting, i must keep experimenting until i dont get a colour cast, sometimes after trying so many times, i end up confused "Is this okay?" sometimes i get a blue cast if i use flash and no if i dont use flash,
    The other way (more hassle) is to jsut correct the colour cast in Photoshop.
    Use the colour balance to correct it.