Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    Haha clicked it when it appeared on the main page. Would love to join
    This is where I normally would go "ASL?" but I guess I'm too old for that kind of bullshit

Blog Entries

Waaaa I go China only and so many things happen...

Anyway, for what its worth, I think it is more of an misunderstanding.

Thing is, the rules were not clear, and the actions from different mods are totally conflicting. In one outing thread we were told not to OT too much as an outing thread is just for sign up. So we starting to start 2 threads for every outing. One for signup and one in Kopitiam for discussion. Now, suddenly for this particular outing, the kopitiam thread and the outing signup thread got merged. This is in total conflict to what we were told before. So most of us are confused as to what is the right way to do it. And when we asked, we get no answer.

I know the mods are volunteering their time as well and I applaud each and everyone of you. I really feel what the mods and admins are doing are amazing and awesome. We are here to share and spread our joy and passion in the hobby as well. And there are rules to abide by. We will gladly abide by the rules, but some mods seem to read the rules differently and actions/decisions are so conflicting that we do not know what to do anymore. It is akin to going to a party at a host's house. And the wife of the host tell us to drink from the green glasses only. Then the mother of the host scolds us for drinking for the green glasses and we should drink from the blue glasses only. Who should we listen to? Maybe just not drink?

We love to do our part to contribute. But the interpretation of the rules are so conflicting that it becomes increasing hard for us to do so. It becomes very frustrating. I am not sure, but it seems we are just supposed to do things a certain way, but that certain way was not communicated to us. And when we try to do something, we get slapped for doing something wrong. So we do something else to avoid that slap, but then we got slapped again. It is starting to give us the impression that contribution is not welcome in this forum.

Going forward, I suggest that some SOPs be set in place and communicated to the community. How to set up outings/events, how to do sign ups, how to set up picture sharing threads. I know mods and admins are very busy. So I am not just saying this and throwing this to the admins and mods. I am not the kind to just talk, shoot arrows and disappear. I am not all talk no action. I am willing to put in time to work with the mods and admins to get this SOPs set up, so we can move forward. I am even willing to help enforce these comprehensive guidelines and rules should there be a need.

Let me know. I am very interested to make this forum better so more can share the joy of our passion and hobby.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 23rd August 2010 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    Haha clicked it when it appeared on the main page. Would love to join
    There are quite a few SunChasers in FB sia...
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Two of you been secretly stalking this thread huh

Kidding. Welcome to SunChasers talk-about-everything-except-a-retentive-subjects.

You're also welcomed to join Sun Chasers FB group where we only talk about a-retentive-subjects
    haha...would love to join too...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Thanks for replying. Just wondering whether you are really aware of the situation and what's happening or just repeating standard replies that mods give out because they don't have time to monitor issues?

I would assume moderator Simon is really aware of what going on, considering he does have the time to into a talk-(male chicken) thread where everybody knows everyone elses name (had to throw in that line from Cheers).

Or just come in, drop post, ban people, the type of wham bam thank you maam kinda post? If it's the former, then you're welcome to contribute your views and we can share views. Don't have to agree with one another. Afterall it's a forum and we can agree to disagree. But if it's just a note to just say what you are supposed to, do your duty as moderator, then thank you but I think that wouldn't be necessary lah. Afterall, most of you are too busy and you're only doing this for free and we're just people who can move on anytime so don't really have to be bothered with us.

Because the truth is, I also cannot be bothered to people who can't be bothered to really listen to what I am saying. Quid pro quo. You don't crap on me, I don't crap on you. Life's like that, no?
    I have given a measured and matter of fact advise here - nothing personal but you seems to take it personal on me. I am giving it back to you this " You don't crap on me, I don't crap on you. Life's like that, no?" yes I do agree with you life is like that, it not a matter of crap on "me" but "us, as a mod team".

BTW we do discuss all issues in our closed mod section, and all of us are well aware of the issues.

Looks like you do not like being here and I shall show you the way out.

Good Bye. Cos this place do not need ppl like you too.
    Last edited by chngpe01; 23rd August 2010 at 09:20 PM.

It is with sadness and trepidation that I add to this thread.

First, I'd like to acknowledge that a young DSLR hobbyist (a SunChaser at a tender age of 11) has joined this thread. As such, it is sad that the child's first few encounters here are that of this nature.

I must also acknowledge that we are guests of this beautiful house whose hosts welcome all who share their passion. So, it is only good manners that we respect the house rules.

Without belabouring all that had transpired, I am certain that it would be greatly appreciated if we can warmly welcome the young SunChaser to this thread with tips for good photography, encouragement and positivity. Let's not dampen the spirit of this young SunChaser. While I do not have the skills or knowhow to help the young SunChaser, I hope the Seniors can do so. And, with the good graces of the moderators, maybe life as we knew it would return. And, we can all enjoy and share this amazing hobby harmoniously together.
    Last edited by MrsScubagolfer; 23rd August 2010 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsScubagolfer View Post

First, I'd like to acknowledge that a young DSLR hobbyist (a SunChaser at a tender age of 11) has joined this thread. As such, it is sad that the child's first few encounters here are that of this nature.

I must also acknowledge that we are guests of this beautiful house whose hosts welcome all who share their passion. So, it is only good manners that we respect the house rules.

Without belabouring all that have transpired, I am certain that it would be greatly appreciated if we can warmly welcome the young SunChaser to this thread with tips for good photography, encouragement and positivity. Let's not dampen the spirit of this young SunChaser. While I do not have the skills or knowhow to help the young SunChaser, I hope the Seniors can do so. And, with the good graces of the moderators, maybe life as we knew it would return. And, we can all enjoy and share this amazing hobby harmoniously together.
    Well said..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Quote Originally Posted by MrsScubagolfer View Post

Without belabouring all that have transpired, I am certain that it would be greatly appreciated if we can warmly welcome the young SunChaser to this thread with tips for good photography, encouragement and positivity. Let's not dampen the spirit of this young SunChaser. While I do not have the skills or knowhow to help the young SunChaser, I hope the Seniors can do so. And, with the good graces of the moderators, maybe life as we knew it would return. And, we can all enjoy and share this amazing hobby harmoniously together.
    I concur. So much has happened these few days.. think its a big misunderstanding right from the start and things went out of hand.. Hope that doesn't dampen the spirits of fellow sunchasers.. Let's move on..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

a few days away and a lot has transpired, from ZCA suspension to now Wildcat d-reg.

Hope things get back to way it was before, TCSS, sharing of information, poisoning...

LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

I find it rather ridiculous that Wildcat is deregistered.

By saying,

Good Bye. Cos this place do not need ppl like you too

sounds rather harsh. Wildcat has contributed quite abit here in clubsnap and I personally feel that by deregistering him just because of him expressing his displeasure about the forum is way too severe?

And the commotion about the name calling thingy.

Definition of name-calling:
    the use of offensive names especially to win an argument or to induce rejection or condemnation (as of a person or project) without objective consideration of the facts

I personally dont think he uses any names to call any of the mods without any reasons. Anal is an adjective.

Anal:
    of, relating to, characterized by, or being personality traits (as parsimony, meticulousness, and ill humor) considered typical of fixation at the anal stage of development <an anal disposition> <anal neatness>

It is just like saying "XXX" is rather meticulous about his work. Although anal has a negative connotation to it, it is definitely not name calling.

Over these years, I think the mods have done a fab job maintaining Clubsnap. I could agree without a doubt. But there are times where incidents revolve because of some misunderstandings between both parties. Since Wildcat and ZCA have contributed to the forum tremendously and are passoniate about photography, I dont think they are unreasonable people who have nothing to do and make a scene here in Clubsnap.

Hope things will get better.
    Passion for Photography

ClubSNAP Admin

It is not ridiculous. Wildcat has continuing challenging ClubSNAP management.

The decision of shortening ZCA suspension terms was being discuss upon.

Too bad someone do not understand when to stop.

There is a significant difference of being suspended and being deregister.

Quote Originally Posted by chikubang View Post
    I find it rather ridiculous that Wildcat is deregistered.

By saying,

Good Bye. Cos this place do not need ppl like you too

sounds rather harsh. Wildcat has contributed quite abit here in clubsnap and I personally feel that by deregistering him just because of him expressing his displeasure about the forum is way too severe?

And the commotion about the name calling thingy.

Definition of name-calling:
    the use of offensive names especially to win an argument or to induce rejection or condemnation (as of a person or project) without objective consideration of the facts

I personally dont think he uses any names to call any of the mods without any reasons. Anal is an adjective.

Anal:
    of, relating to, characterized by, or being personality traits (as parsimony, meticulousness, and ill humor) considered typical of fixation at the anal stage of development <an anal disposition> <anal neatness>

It is just like saying "XXX" is rather meticulous about his work. Although anal has a negative connotation to it, it is definitely not name calling.

Over these years, I think the mods have done a fab job maintaining Clubsnap. I could agree without a doubt. But there are times where incidents revolve because of some misunderstandings between both parties. Since Wildcat and ZCA have contributed to the forum tremendously and are passoniate about photography, I dont think they are unreasonable people who have nothing to do and make a scene here in Clubsnap.

Hope things will get better.

Sigh, I ain't feeling the love in here anymore ... now where's my UNREGISTER button?

Gonna be a hermit up a cave somewhere in Esplanade ... anyone wanna join me?
    Last edited by dingaroo; 24th August 2010 at 07:34 AM.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Bro, as your senior ( I meant in terms of age) cool it. Take a step back and breathe in. No point adding fuel to the fire. We should all just let everything cool down first. OK.

This thing has escalated so fast ... I think my friends have made some impulsive statements , remarks etc .... Hope Admin and Mods can take a relook the dereg of WC ....

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Sigh, I ain't feeling the love in here anymore ... now where's my UNREGISTER button?

Gonna be a hermit up a cave somewhere in Esplanade ... anyone wanna join me?
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    Bro, as your senior ( I meant in terms of age) cool it. Take a step back and breathe in. No point adding fuel to the fire. We should all just let everything cool down first. OK.

This thing has escalated so fast ... I think my friends have made some impulsive statements , remarks etc .... Hope Admin and Mods can take a relook the dereg of WC ....
    i agree. Chill chill ^^

everybody let's relax and cool down first.. its overheated already.
    No matter what, all of our goals here are to learn and share our experience with the others and not come here to argue. I believe most of us here are mature adults so let's be civilized.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post

Agree.
    Cool it guys.
    Remember why we are here - for the love for photography.
    The forum is a medium for us to learn and share this love for photography...don't get so upset on a small dispute.
    Everybody has a different stand and hence a different opinion. I believe wildcat is just voicing an opinion and not challenging the Admin, Mod.

Like what scubagolfer said, take a step back, breathe in and cool down...
    Hope Admin and Mods can relook at the decision to dereg wildcat.

PEACE...

Bro Ding relax lah, we share the same interest by joining this club, so we all are like brothers within the same boat.

Your mean well, so please do not have hard feelings towards some other party and just forget the whole incident.

Cheers..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Dear CSers,

Damage has already been done, now it is time for damage control. Please, no more pointing fingers at anyone - no one's at fault and everyone's at fault, period. Although I'm still a newbie here (by month count), I can detect similar encounters that I've experienced before in other forums (non-photography). And that was back in 1996/7. So all I can say is, this situation is nothing new to me... I've been baned (together with two other fellow forum members - one in the US, who already passed away as we speak, and the other a Netherlander). The three of us were jokers and brought life to the forum and that incurred the wrath of the forum owner who wants to maintain the seriousness of the hobby at all times. That means we broke the "house rules" period, and thus the ban. Due to the constant pleading of the other forum members (it is a big forum like this as well), we were reinstated, the owner apologised, we also did the same, just to keep things on an even keel... The damage were already done however, the 3 of us doesn't contribute as much. And most of the communication between us were done off the board... The forum community still moved on and still thriving today. Although I haven't gone back to the forum, I don't think I could bring myself to bare any more grudges against the owner anyway. It's been too long already. All that I can say is, we moved on.

This is a thriving community, I can see passionate people and even tensions arrising between individuals and groups (human nature afterall). House rules are house rules, they are there to maintain order. But make sure the rules are clear as hell (explained very clearly) so as to avoid confusion. There will be changes to the rules so as to improve things, but hopefully these are communicated to everyone to avoid further confusion. There will still be misunderstandings no doubt, but all parties must try to understand the other side well (although this exists mostly in eutopia, but it is not impossible if done properly) . Politics will exist (in any given community) but must be kept at a minimum for the good of the community.

How do we continue from here? The moderators can help in this sense, they don't have to, but for the sake of the community, I hope they can do something about this to aleviate the situation from the current low... It will make the healing faster, so that we can move on with our passion and hobby. Everyone else must not add more fuel to this flame - it does nobody any good.

I'm strictly a noob here, no power here (and no I don't yearn for it). So, you can all ignore my message, if you can lend your ears - I thank you for your time. But I only hope cooler heads prevail. Those who can't cool off, I suggest taking a short break from the forum - breathe some real fresh air out there rather than gluing to this rectangular thing in front of you... Whether WC gets reinstated and ZCA back with us, it is wholely up to the moderators, WC and ZCA themselves, afterall the damage has been done, but hopefully the slate can be wiped clean... If both sides can be more forgiving and shake on it, it will be better for the community overall... We all loose when the seniors go against each other... much like in a big family - don't we all hate to see our elders being at logger heads all the time??...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 24th August 2010 at 11:38 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Blog Entries

Bros... BBB in China is so fun... But I think I bought too much.... 25kgs worth of equipment....

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Bros... BBB in China is so fun... But I think I bought too much.... 25kgs worth of equipment....
    25KG?!!! got my share =X

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    25KG?!!! got my share =X
    unfortunately, no...

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast