Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394447484950 LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 998

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

  1. #961
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    So sad.. I thought I would have a chance to try out personally.. =(
    I am sorry. I am quite particular about my equipment. Especially in the dark during twilight hours. I'm weird in that way.

    I will only let people I know well and trust to handle my equipment.

  2. #962

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I am sorry. I am quite particular about my equipment. Especially in the dark during twilight hours. I'm weird in that way.

    I will only let people I know well and trust to handle my equipment.
    alright.. np..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  3. #963
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Northwest
    Posts
    333

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Maybe I'll go rent the Canon's UWA. Then Canon users can try their hands at it.
    I thought of renting too..dunno if I will have time to go down to rent after work tmr..=p

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I did a 5min job on your pic. Let me know if you mind, and want me to take it down.

    Of cos I dun mind
    Wow..totally different feel...
    You increased the Hue?
    Mind letting me know your workflow for this?

  4. #964
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    alright.. np..
    Thank you for understanding. Even very good friends, I do not like to borrow stuff from them, least I damage it and have to say sorry and make amends. In the same way I prefer not to let people I do not know know well and trust to handle my equipment, since I do not want them to be put in a position to have to say sorry to me and make amends.

    Better keep our hands to our own equipment and everyone can be friends. If borrow here borrow there and break, no more friends.

  5. #965
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by dawngel View Post
    I thought of renting too..dunno if I will have time to go down to rent after work tmr..=p



    Of cos I dun mind
    Wow..totally different feel...
    You increased the Hue?
    Mind letting me know your workflow for this?
    It is a little complex. What I did was to do a split tone effect. Where I adjust the hue differently for highlights and shadows. blow out the picture a little, reduce the vibrance (saturation) of the whole picture, but increase a little in saturation for the toy and the beads. I also pushed up the blacks a little.

    Sort of like a cross between split tone, and a mild bleach bypass... something like that.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 3rd September 2010 at 12:16 AM.

  6. #966
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    It is a little complex. What I did was to do a split tone effect. Where I adjust the hue differently for highlights and shadows. blow out the picture a little, reduce the vibrance (saturation) of the whole picture, but increase a little in saturation for the toy and the beads. I also pushed up the blacks a little.

    Sort of like a cross between split tone, and a mild bleach bypass... something like that.
    Where's the icon for seeing stars???
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  7. #967
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Where's the icon for seeing stars???
    Bro, don't blur. Just refer to golden hits...

    Golden hits 2.0 is on its way bro... stay tuned...

  8. #968
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Northwest
    Posts
    333

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    It is a little complex. What I did was to do a split tone effect. Where I adjust the hue differently for highlights and shadows. blow out the picture a little, reduce the vibrance (saturation) of the whole picture, but increase a little in saturation for the toy and the beads. I also pushed up the blacks a little.

    Sort of like a cross between split tone, and a mild bleach bypass... something like that.
    Wow..realli kinda complex
    I think I will need to digest abit..

  9. #969
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Where's the icon for seeing stars???
    Which reminds me... I still need to do that PP workflow session...
    But cannot take big group... will be very unmanageable. I will share with the seniors first.

    I will set something up in FB.

  10. #970
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by dawngel View Post
    Wow..realli kinda complex
    I think I will need to digest abit..
    It is really quite easy doing it in Lightroom. If doing photoshop, doing it using curves will be super complex. But using color balance sliders can also do, just that LR is way way faster, but a little less control.

  11. #971
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Northwest
    Posts
    333

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Where's the icon for seeing stars???
    I need the icon too..hehe

  12. #972

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    It is really quite easy doing it in Lightroom. If doing photoshop, doing it using curves will be super complex. But using color balance sliders can also do, just that LR is way way faster, but a little less control.
    aha, no wonder.. was trying in photoshop, cldnt even come close to getting to ya end result bro,

    looking foward to the pp workflow talk...

    neways how the fast primes hunt...?? any updates
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  13. #973
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Northwest
    Posts
    333

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Which reminds me... I still need to do that PP workflow session...
    But cannot take big group... will be very unmanageable. I will share with the seniors first.

    I will set something up in FB.
    Yeah..train the seniors..then cascade down the skills to the juniors ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    It is really quite easy doing it in Lightroom. If doing photoshop, doing it using curves will be super complex. But using color balance sliders can also do, just that LR is way way faster, but a little less control.
    Hmm...I am using photoshop....will try it out when I am more awake...eyes half close liao..

  14. #974
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    aha, no wonder.. was trying in photoshop, cldnt even come close to getting to ya end result bro,

    looking foward to the pp workflow talk...

    neways how the fast primes hunt...?? any updates
    No updates as of now... must stealth a bit.. wife is sniffing something funny...

    Also, I am getting some inquires on commercial shoots. See if I can land one.

  15. #975

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    No updates as of now... must stealth a bit.. wife is sniffing something funny...

    Also, I am getting some inquires on commercial shoots. See if I can land one.
    ic ic, cool, good for you,
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  16. #976

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Maybe I'll go rent the Canon's UWA. Then Canon users can try their hands at it.
    Personally I think renting a uwa to shoot an urbanscape will be better spent than in a scene like Lower Pierce. Probably a WA will do. Cos there is no need to squeeze in that extra building into the frame to balance the pic.... then again those who has shoot there before should know better.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  17. #977

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by dleugene View Post
    Sorry Jacob bro, cannot give you my support this sat outing, Need to accompany my Queen
    I will be missing your poison....also.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  18. #978

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Which reminds me... I still need to do that PP workflow session...
    But cannot take big group... will be very unmanageable. I will share with the seniors first.

    I will set something up in FB.
    You might find lots of peeps who will self promote to seniors.....
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  19. #979

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by dawngel View Post
    hehe..no prob...
    Could do with more composition ideas ^_^

    What abt this?


    I also want to play with 11-16mm lens ^_^
    You will need this for good weather, clear sky with just enough clouds at the right place for a fantastic sunrise.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  20. #980

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IV)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Which reminds me... I still need to do that PP workflow session...
    But cannot take big group... will be very unmanageable. I will share with the seniors first.

    I will set something up in FB.
    I'm very interested! But i don't have FB...
    Vision is more important than gear

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •